• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

What are people expecting from Bale this season? Stats-wise. His presence alone has lifted the whole place and but are your views on the following 3 stats:

- Games
- Goals
- Assists

Personally I’m not at all sure what to expect but I’m going for 28 games, 15 goals, 10 assists

fudging hell glad I never worked for you.

I think it will be difficult to reach the heights of a couple of years ago, but I hope his presence will boost our performances and spread fear in other teams allowing others to benefit.

Maybe it's the topknot. I think it makes him at least 30% less likeable.

Bale up 'til 2015: Normal man hair, scored goals, loved by the club and its fans.
Bale post 2015: Stupid topknot, scored goals, hated by the club and its fans.

Hope you're right, that would make one hell of an impact.

he is, Bale is one of the best players in the world because those players can win a game out of absolutely nothing, he can pick a game up on his own (he still does it for Wales)

Imagine trying to sort out West Ham's tactics right now.

It will be interesting to see how anyone deals with Son, Kane, Bale, Aurier, Reguilon with Lo Celso and/or Ndombele behind
- I'd say the first tactic is going to be sit back, take a deeper line (Southampton and United were crucified when pushing high)
- That creates other problems (our defense will be under less pressure), and sitting back will give more time/space to midfield to find right passes (PEH to Aurier example in United game)
- Add our ability to bring the pace of Bergwijn and Lucas on with 25-30 minutes left .. on paper we look a nightmare to play

Imagine trying to sort out West Ham's tactics right now.

Surely any manager that would have seen Southampton, Haifa and Man Utd games would realise the best thing to do would be to sit in and not give us the space to run into. On the plus side I assume they have some players away on international duty so won’t have a whole week to drill into themselves a plan.

Surely any manager that would have seen Southampton, Haifa and Man Utd games would realise the best thing to do would be to sit in and not give us the space to run into. On the plus side I assume they have some players away on international duty so won’t have a whole week to drill into themselves a plan.

if only we had a player who regularly scores from 30 yards...

... would realise the best thing to do would be to sit in and not give us the space to run into.
Indeed I can't imagine teams will allow Son to sprint into space 5 times per game.

So the tricky dribbling and passing of Ndombele and Lo Celso are vital.

As is the width of the full backs.

I expect Bale to unbalance things for a while and make us WORSE, until we settle.

Before he left for Madrid, he was "too good" so our players just stopped taking responsibility and gave him the ball.

At which point Bale would try to beat 6 men or score from 30 yards*. It is to his credit that he often managed this, but we MUST ensure all of our other players keep taking responsibility to be the match winner.

*That is why fans were singing "he plays on the left" because they wanted him to stay wide where there was space to beat the full back and cause damage, rather than continually dribble into the crowded middle, because no other Spurs player was taking responsibility and we just faced 8 central defenders every game with Bale ploughing into their midst.

Back