• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Give the lad a break, he's always getting kicked. I would rather him go down easily than get seriously injured.

He didn't go down easy, he dived. No contact at all, just fell over. I don't mind players falling over outstreched legs, thats part and parcel of the game nowadays, but going down like that is the kind of thing I expect to see at the Emirates, not by Spurs players

I think Bale took evasive action from the challenge which he was expecting, problem is that he, and other skillful players are damned either way. If the player doesn't dive then they get injured a lot more often. If the player does dive then they are cheating against the opponents and for good reason it is frowned upon.

I say give the guy a break. He likes to let refs know that he needs protection from a bunch of thugs like Liverpool, and yes sometimes he goes down easy.

But in a league where players can stamp on heads, shout racist abuse at the opposition and still get treated like a hero, then it's not the worse crime is it.

PLrV8.jpg

I say give the guy a break. He likes to let refs know that he needs protection from a bunch of thugs like Liverpool, and yes sometimes he goes down easy.

But in a league where players can stamp on heads, shout racist abuse at the opposition and still get treated like a hero, then it's not the worse crime is it.

Again there is a difference between going down easy and flat out diving. Going down easy IMO is when theres a little contact, you can probably stay on your feet but choose to go down and win the free kick. I'm fine with that, its part of the game nowadays, but today there was no contact and he threw himself to the floor claiming a free kick.

I see in our rush to chasten Bale, no-one has mentioned that in the first 15 minutes, Skertl tried to to do him big-style. I genuinely believe he thought Agger was going to go through him, the player certainly motioned to before pulling out at the last second, thus I think the issue becomes how much punishment we expect him to take? For me, it's obvious that he was trying to avoid injury rather than win a free-kick (why would he try to win a free-kick when he's beaten the man and the ball is in clear green?)...as if to reinforce the point, I see no-one in general media has mentioned Skertl's shocker later on, over the top and a potential shin-cracker. The clam. Should've been off! As for the Suarez thing, at first I thought it was a mistake, but he is not looking at the ball, he's looking at Parker and proceeds to recklessly kick him. What happened there? Why was he not off?

Embarassing. Compare his theatrics to Parker's never say die attitude and his ability to keep getting up after being stamped on, kicked, elbowed etc.

Oh come on. Bale gets clattered all the time. He is not a chronic diver, and in this case I think he was predicting a leg which didn't touch him. Not defending it but it is not the big deal some are making it. Beside if it was a dive he's not the only Spurs player who has dived, and they don't get dedicated threads about feeling embarrassed for them. In any case I am not embarrassed for him, he is a brilliant player. Also compare Parker to Bale for goals scored, chances created...its pointless. Very different players with very different roles. Parker may get kicked and get on with it, but that doesn not mean I doubt Bale's commitment, energy and drive to give everything he has. Genuinely think Bale cannot win with some people, however often he saves us or does something magical.

Last edited:
This. Cut it out Gareth. Not a Spurs trait at all.

The way he plays the game is a spurs trait though? Some people want the kid to be perfect, he gets smashed on a regular basis, is known to have had ankle injuries yet this season has always got up and got on with it. And it is perhaps worth pointing out that he is usually traveling at a quite a pace! Yet a thread like this is opened for one moment in the game. That's embarrassing.

Last edited:
From the other angle you could clearly see Agger coming in to kick him at full speed, but pull back at the last second.

Oh come on. Bale gets clattered all the time. He is not a chronic diver, and in this case I think he was predicting a leg which didn't touch him. Not defending it but he's not the only Spurs player who has dived, and they don't get dedicated threads about feeling embarrassed for them. In any case I am not embarrassed for him, he is a brilliant player. Also compare Parker to Bale for goals scored, chances created...its pointless. Very different players with very different roles. Parker may get kicked and get on with it, but that doesn not mean I doubt Bale's commitment, energy and drive to give everything he has.

Yes he is. If he played for another team we would wouldn't stop criticising him.

Def booked for the dive and rightly so.
In fact, he could well have got a booking for the push on the Liverpool player too. And he had a point.

If he just went down to protect himself (which I'm not buying personally) and knew that there was no contact, why does he sit straight up, put his arms out and look at the linesman claiming a foul?

From the other angle you could clearly see Agger coming in to kick him at full speed, but pull back at the last second.

Thank you.
Now I PERSONALLY think that after Skertl tried to do him in the first 10 mins, he should've got up, laughed at him and got on with it as opposed to looking hurt.
Sorry, I think Bale was again targeted tonight...

Oh come on. Bale gets clattered all the time. He is not a chronic diver, and in this case I think he was predicting a leg which didn't touch him. Not defending it but he's not the only Spurs player who has dived, and they don't get dedicated threads about feeling embarrassed for them. In any case I am not embarrassed for him, he is a brilliant player. Also compare Parker to Bale for goals scored, chances created...its pointless. Very different players with very different roles. Parker may get kicked and get on with it, but that doesn not mean I doubt Bale's commitment, energy and drive to give everything he has.

I agree he gets kicked A LOT, but if he didn't play for Spurs all of us would be slating him for diving like we do when it comes to other clubs players.

Yes he is. If he played for another team we would wouldn't stop criticising him.

Disagree with the first part. As for the second the only player who I would regularly criticise is Suarez for his antics. But most fans are more concerned about the treat Bale poses, which is for his skill and pace not his renowned diving.

Back