• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

At least he acknowledges the fans and his time at both Spurs and Southampton. As dignified an departure as we could get, I suppose. Far from the weaselish levels of Modric and Berbatov.

I would like to wish him well, and I guess I do wish him the best, but the problem is I want nothing but the worst for Real Madrid for all eternity. Their ****ish behaviour in this is what infuriates me. I certainly hope Spain's recession hits them hard, and that they keep playing second fiddle to Barca, Bayern and the other European powerhorses.

So Gareth, thanks for the good memories and marvellous performances, good luck, play well and do good for yourself - but I do hope you don't win anything with Real Madrid.

Re: Gareth Bale

In the words of the prophet "Don't pish down my back, and tell me it's raining". If 6 years is the time to go then don't sign contract(s) beyond that. Be honest and admit that it's vanity and/or dosh.

That said, I don't wish him ill - unlike RM and their born out of wedlock offspring.

I think its better now than in the last year of a contract hes honoured to tell us he's off. Last thing we'd have wanted is another campbell, at least now we were able to reinvest to create a new team.

Like everyone, I am disappointed how he acted towards the end but lets be honest, when Levy negotiated with Southampton to get the sell on clause out, he wasnt thinking about Bale staying for 10+ years.

happy-crying-gif-tumblr-818.gif

As good as he is, he is no Messi or Ronaldo and that is what Madrid fans will be expecting. Wait for him to make a mistake or two and use his transfer fee as a stick to beat him with.

It reminds me a lot of Bent and Bentley. It's not their fault that we overpaid for them, but our fans could never get past it. If either had cost half their fee they would have had a more successful time at Spurs.

Not Bales fault Madrid have spent £85m on him, but he won't be able to justify it despite the good performances I'm sure he'll give them. He will be compared to Ronaldo from Day 1 and he will always come up short. Gary Neville said it best I think, the move is a year too early for him.

Expect him to be back in England within 4 years. I'd take him back.

I agree totally, but in fairness Bale will earn many millions in this time so will not be too gutted. In a footballing sense, he'll suffer as last year, he was able to shoot at will, this time he'll have to look to see where Ronaldo is, same with frees. They have also paid the full amount for his left leg as his right is worth nothing.

I'd wish him well personally but as others have said its Real who I hate, so I hope he wins nothing while there.

As good as he is, he is no Messi or Ronaldo and that is what Madrid fans will be expecting. Wait for him to make a mistake or two and use his transfer fee as a stick to beat him with.

It reminds me a lot of Bent and Bentley. It's not their fault that we overpaid for them, but our fans could never get past it. If either had cost half their fee they would have had a more successful time at Spurs.

Not Bales fault Madrid have spent £85m on him, but he won't be able to justify it despite the good performances I'm sure he'll give them. He will be compared to Ronaldo from Day 1 and he will always come up short. Gary Neville said it best I think, the move is a year too early for him.

Expect him to be back in England within 4 years. I'd take him back.

I agree entirely with that assessment. And I hope he will come back one day, despite the slight residual bitterness I have towards the way he behaved during the last days. Perhaps if we chanted his name as he sits on the WHL bench when we meet Madrid in the CL in a few years' time..... ;)

Re: Gareth Bale

I hope Real Madrid flop badly this season. I appreciate what Bale did for us but his attitude at the end stunk; failing to attend training and seemingly refusing to play for the team.

So given the way both Real Madrid and Bale acted, they're well suited. Good riddance.

Yeah spot on.

His statement acknowledges the fans at least, but I feel he would have got his move anyway without refusing to train. Definitely changed my opinion of him.

As much as I would like to see him do well, it would mean Madrid are successful which I absolutely do not want. The best case scenario would be he scores plenty of goals, but they win **** all. Definitely wouldn't root for them in a CL final for example, unless its against scum or Chelsea.

I'll end on a positive, best player I've ever seen at Spurs.

I don't see why people say 'he's no Ronaldo or Messi'.

The type of performances he put on last year were exactly on that level. He was amazing, and that's why they paid the money for him.

Provides some great memories. Good luck to him.

Now let's hope all the spending will pay off...I think it will!

The type of performances he put on last year were exactly on that level. He was amazing, and that's why they paid the money for him.

Messi and Ronaldo get 50+ goals per season. Messi scored in 22 consecutive league matches. No, he isn't on that level.

I don't agree. He's a good player but he is some distance off being in the Messi or Ronaldo bracket

Messi and Ronaldo get 50+ goals per season. Messi scored in 22 consecutive league matches. No, he isn't on that level.

Bale has shown great determination to keep improving and aiming for the next level. I wouldn't write off his chances of getting there just yet.

Back