• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Good words from Levy there.

If the player starts crying and says he'll never want to play again for us, then you have to sell.

It is just a shame that without CL football we could not get this extra one or two season with him.

I suppose we're paying mistakes done in the past.

Good luck Gareth, hope you don't injure yourself playing for Wales before you move over to Spain..

:-"

Don't think he'll be a success over there, by that I mean value for money.

I hope Real Madrid flop badly this season. I appreciate what Bale did for us but his attitude at the end stunk; failing to attend training and seemingly refusing to play for the team.

So given the way both Real Madrid and Bale acted, they're well suited. Good riddance.

Adios Gareth. Hope he enjoys his time in Madrid, though I fear for the lad. Still, he's clearly lost interest in us, so we should do the same.

I would say thanks for the memories, but to be honest even though I've largely come to terms with him leaving, I can't bring myself to thank him for the way he behaved during the final days of this transfer.

So, farewell, both from my club and from my attention, hopefully.

And as a final note, and with total hatred, **** you, Real Madrid. I sincerely hope you go bankrupt, sell your best players, see your Bernabeu razed by a freak meteorite, see your chairman imprisoned for embezzlement and see Atletico go on to win ten CLs in a row with Ronaldo at the helm and Raul as the manager. Your tapping up and disgraceful antics have reached levels scarcely believable this summer, and I can only hope that one day some club will do the same to you so you can know how it feels.

Vete a la mierda.

"I have had six very happy years at Tottenham but it's the right time to say goodbye. We've had some special times together over the years and I've loved every minute of it.

I would like to thank everyone at the Club, the Chairman, Board, staff, coaches and players – and most of all the fantastic fans who I hope will understand this amazing career opportunity.

“I am not sure there is ever a good time to leave a club where I felt settled and was playing the best football of my career to date. I know many players talk of their desire to join the club of their boyhood dreams, but I can honestly say, this is my dream come true.

“I am well aware that I would not be at the level I am today were it not for firstly Southampton and then Spurs standing by me during some of the tougher times and affording me the environment and support they have.

“Tottenham will always be in my heart and I’m sure that this season will be a successful one for them. I am now looking forward to the next exciting chapter in my life, playing football for Real Madrid."

"I have had six very happy years at Tottenham but it's the right time to say goodbye. We've had some special times together over the years and I've loved every minute of it.

gareth_swindon730

“I would like to thank everyone at the Club, the Chairman, Board, staff, coaches and players – and most of all the fantastic fans who I hope will understand this amazing career opportunity.

“I am not sure there is ever a good time to leave a club where I felt settled and was playing the best football of my career to date. I know many players talk of their desire to join the club of their boyhood dreams, but I can honestly say, this is my dream come true.

“I am well aware that I would not be at the level I am today were it not for firstly Southampton and then Spurs standing by me during some of the tougher times and affording me the environment and support they have.

“Tottenham will always be in my heart and I’m sure that this season will be a successful one for them. I am now looking forward to the next exciting chapter in my life, playing football for Real Madrid."

--

Good luck Gareth, the greatest season I have ever witnessed from a player in a Spurs shirt in my lifetime. I wish you all the luck at Madrid and one day hope we could see you bless White Hart Lane again, whether that is with us or even in the CL one day.

And, as a separate note, what a day. Losing limply to Arsenal and then seeing that odious slime Perez get what he wanted as Bale leaves us for that shower.

I suppose I should have expected it: we are Spurs, after all. We never get unbridled happiness. After the miraculous friday of three deals, the gods had to **** us over at some point as retribution. Sigh.

And, as a separate note, what a day. Losing limply to Arsenal and then seeing that odious slime Perez get what he wanted as Bale leaves us for that shower.

I suppose I should have expected it: we are Spurs, after all. We never get unbridled happiness. After the miraculous friday of three deals, the gods had to **** us over at some point as retribution. Sigh.

Don't forget Capoue getting crocked.

It's a quid pro quo. Those signings would not have happened but for the sad departure.

original.gif

Lets move on now.....

what's done is done.

on a positive note we may look back on this window as the game changer for spurs....we have done amazing business and we are in credit....I 100% believe our squad is stonger than last year...we also have more points than at this time last year....

Good luck and all that and good riddance to Ramon Calderon Guim effin Balague, AS & Marca Sexo es Vida.

Time to move on and not look back spurs fans......we WILL come good!!!!!!

I would like to thank everyone at the Club, the Chairman, Board, staff, coaches and players – and most of all the fantastic fans who I hope will understand this amazing career opportunity.

In the words of the prophet "Don't pish down my back, and tell me it's raining". If 6 years is the time to go then don't sign contract(s) beyond that. Be honest and admit that it's vanity and/or dosh.

That said, I don't wish him ill - unlike RM and their born out of wedlock offspring.

As good as he is, he is no Messi or Ronaldo and that is what Madrid fans will be expecting. Wait for him to make a mistake or two and use his transfer fee as a stick to beat him with.

It reminds me a lot of Bent and Bentley. It's not their fault that we overpaid for them, but our fans could never get past it. If either had cost half their fee they would have had a more successful time at Spurs.

Not Bales fault Madrid have spent £85m on him, but he won't be able to justify it despite the good performances I'm sure he'll give them. He will be compared to Ronaldo from Day 1 and he will always come up short. Gary Neville said it best I think, the move is a year too early for him.

Expect him to be back in England within 4 years. I'd take him back.

As good as he is, he is no Messi or Ronaldo and that is what Madrid fans will be expecting. Wait for him to make a mistake or two and use his transfer fee as a stick to beat him with.

It reminds me a lot of Bent and Bentley. It's not their fault that we overpaid for them, but our fans could never get past it. If either had cost half their fee they would have had a more successful time at Spurs.

Not Bales fault Madrid have spent £85m on him, but he won't be able to justify it despite the good performances I'm sure he'll give them. He will be compared to Ronaldo from Day 1 and he will always come up short. Gary Neville said it best I think, the move is a year too early for him.

Expect him to be back in England within 4 years. I'd take him back.

Agreed. I was saying earlier today that I hope when he comes back that we have the money and the position to be able to attract him back here. I don't want to see him playing for Chelsea or Man Utd.

Then again, Bale continues to surprise with his advancement so who knows what he'll do?

Back