• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Yes Bale is at his best when we break 3 on 3 or whatever - he just streaks past players before they have time to soil their pants.

I'm sure he could fit into any system, he's fast, athletic, good header, good technique.

His last goal against Wigan was a nice example of "not running"... he just touched it to one side and larruped it into the corner

Football is so easy when you see that happen

I sit there in the stand watching Adebayor or someone, thinking "go on son, you're only 20 yards out, you're a professional, just boff it in the corner" and next thing you know he's hit row Z

But with that goal Bale just casually says "I'll knock it in the far corner then I guess" and bosh, rifles it in. So simple

I wish Adebayor could kick the ball that hard, for a centre forward he has a powderpuff of a shot!

Bale has the potential to be score 30+ goals a season like C. Ronaldo. Hopefully he does so as a Tottenham player.

Some gooner taco on twitter just claimed that spurs fans are jealous because oxlade-chamberlain is twice the prospect Bale is. His handle is Joe_Slade. Douche.

twice the prospect? no. He looks like he could be as good as bale, yeah. But Wenger will overplay him next season and he'll never be quite the player he could have been.

even though he is a gooner Im hoping Chamberalin pushes on. England need a left sided player like him for the future, him, Rooney and Sturridge up front in a 4-3-3 would be a good balance with speed, trickery and finishing power.

even though he is a gooner Im hoping Chamberalin pushes on. England need a left sided player like him for the future, him, Rooney and Sturridge up front in a 4-3-3 would be a good balance with speed, trickery and finishing power.

he actually is a right sided player but gets shunted to the left because of walnut

seems its the theme for players to be right footed on the left nowadays anyway, not enough good lefties around.

seems its the theme for players to be right footed on the left nowadays anyway, not enough good lefties around.

It more to do with the prevalent of teams playing one up front. A winger crossing to a sole Striker marked by two Centre Halfs isn't doing it.
Instead a right footed left sided player trying to cut and occupy the space between the Right Back and Centre Half is in vogue.

Gareth-Bale1.jpg

Just loved the way the commentator mentioned his goal against ManCity : "Special goal from a special player!".=D>

He seemed to have the right attitute as well. He seems to be down to earth and is not getting big headed for all his fame which is a good thing. Also, he seems to have a good relationship with all the players. Really liked the way he encouraged Pavly when he came on late in a recent match. He always seems to have a smile on his face which is nice to see. Can see him become a great player if he continues this way. Just hope he stays with us long term.

I was thinking that but I'm still not sure Bale is anywhere near as good at retaining possession as Alves is. Bale has a high turnover of the ball in his dribbles etc and for a possession team like Barcelona, that isn't always good. Fabregas himself has admitted that he needs to remove the 'British' part of his game and not be quite so direct with his passing and dribbling, to be a bit more patient.

Stopping Bale and Alves running up from the fullback positions would be a fudging nightmare though.

Not sure I agree with that. Alves' touch is shocking. Everyone else at Barcelona can take a ball at any angle and kill it dead, but somehow Alves manages to have the ball bobble up at knee height even when the ball is passed along the carpet-like pitch. He's a quality player, don't get me wrong, but his touch and technique is not as good as Bale's. His short passing is probably marginally better though, I'll give you that.

Embarrassed for Bale

Pathetic dive today, really hate to see that from a Spurs player. The worst part is that if he had stayed on his feet he probably would have got to the ball

2 - Gareth Bale is the only player to have been booked twice for simulation in the PL this season. Tumble

Embarassing. Compare his theatrics to Parker's never say die attitude and his ability to keep getting up after being stamped on, kicked, elbowed etc.

On the other hand Skrtel did his best to break his leg. And that kind of thing happens to him quite a lot.
Not defending his diving though if he did that. The replay wasn't conclusive on it.

Back