• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

fudge me, how many gongs have we picked up this season. We need to stick them all in the trophy room before the Qataris come around for a tour and tell them they're division trophies, they'll never know. ?ú400 million big boys in the bank for the naming rights of the Shiekh Ali Bin Hussain Al Mohammed III Stadium and, bar an unpronouncable ground, we're laughing.

If that ever happens I hope we players start running on to the pitch to the sounds of

[video=youtube;bcuAw77J8_Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcuAw77J8_Y[/video]

They wouldn't give a slightest fudge.

Its funny though, Bale didn't deserve the award he won last year, he wasn't even the best player at the club. He's played significantly better this year and yet probably won't come near it. Goes to show how stupid these players' players etc awards are.

All of the above.=D>

Without a doubt a place in Team of the Season is in order next.

Cannot think of a single other player bar RVP who's been on similar form over the last 3-4 odd months.

Well done, Gareth

Ok so Barca cannot afford 50-60m so which players would you take?

Id take Messi.

Ok so Barca cannot afford 50-60m so which players would you take?

Id take Messi.

I don't see how a player trade would ever work... The players we would want from them will never fit into our wage scheme...

I don't see how a player trade would ever work... The players we would want from them will never fit into our wage scheme...

I dont think it would be a total trader. Maybe 30m plus one or two of their players. In regards to the wages - maybe Barca would pay part of the wages for the duration of their contract. Its been done in the past.

I was thinking that but I'm still not sure Bale is anywhere near as good at retaining possession as Alves is. Bale has a high turnover of the ball in his dribbles etc and for a possession team like Barcelona, that isn't always good. Fabregas himself has admitted that he needs to remove the 'British' part of his game and not be quite so direct with his passing and dribbling, to be a bit more patient.

Stopping Bale and Alves running up from the fullback positions would be a fudging nightmare though.

Bale is not a full back.

Pretty sure he can play as an attacking full back.

For us this would not be as effective i could agree, but in a team like barcelona's how much of the time would he actually have to spend being back in defence?

Pretty sure he can play as an attacking full back.

For us this would not be as effective i could agree, but in a team like barcelona's how much of the time would he actually have to spend being back in defence?

Of course he could be played there, but Bale likes to run with the ball, dont think he suits Barca's short passing game. They already have Messi who picks the ball up and runs with it.

Yes Bale is at his best when we break 3 on 3 or whatever - he just streaks past players before they have time to soil their pants.

I'm sure he could fit into any system, he's fast, athletic, good header, good technique.

His last goal against Wigan was a nice example of "not running"... he just touched it to one side and larruped it into the corner

Football is so easy when you see that happen

I sit there in the stand watching Adebayor or someone, thinking "go on son, you're only 20 yards out, you're a professional, just boff it in the corner" and next thing you know he's hit row Z

But with that goal Bale just casually says "I'll knock it in the far corner then I guess" and bosh, rifles it in. So simple

Some gooner taco on twitter just claimed that spurs fans are jealous because oxlade-chamberlain is twice the prospect Bale is. His handle is Joe_Slade. Douche.

Back