• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale - What would you accept?

What would you accept?

• £50m

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • £60m

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • £70m

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • £80m

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • £90m

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • £100m

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • £120m

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • £140m

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • £160m

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Doesn't matter. Do not sell.

Votes: 28 33.7%

• Total voters
Which of us is Daniel Levy then? It's not me, honest.

My money's on Naughton16, he called AVB as being our new boss when he was like 50/1.

I really wouldn't sell him this summer for any price. We need another year out of him. Buy some help and we could consolidate a place in top 4 and maybe even push for the title. Then next summer we can look to cash in if he wants to move on. Look how many points he won us this year single handedly, no matter how much money we get we would struggle to replace him especially as we are not in CL and struggle to attract top top talent

I really wouldn't sell him this summer for any price. We need another year out of him. Buy some help and we could consolidate a place in top 4 and maybe even push for the title. Then next summer we can look to cash in if he wants to move on. Look how many points he won us this year single handedly, no matter how much money we get we would struggle to replace him especially as we are not in CL and struggle to attract top top talent

But what are the chances of him winning us that many points again?

it really does depend on what his worth is to the club in a business sense, which unfortunately is a rather boring answer. I wouldn't be surprised if Levy amounts his worth to the Club to be way past what the current world record stands at.

personally i don't want to sell - 120m+ would have me reconsidering my stance though

It doesn't really affect me in a way, as I have no overview of the overall finances of the club I don't think it is as simple as taking £80m or whatever from selling Bale and spending this directly on players. And if it is, it just boosts the prices of the players we want to sign as they know we have spare cash.

Classic example: Carroll wasn't a £30m player he was more of a £10m player at the time. But Liverpool valued him at £20m less than Torres, so all that mattered to them was they paid Saudi Sportswashing Machine £20m less than they got for Torres.

I'd be more than happy if the money from Bale went 100% on a new stadium IF it genuinely brought that deal significantly closer. Again, you never really will know until it actually happens but if we are talking silly money, like £80m, well that is 20% of the cost. This is a figure that won't go up just because we have come into money. So yeah, I'd deal at that sort of money.

A point worth considering is, while we assume if he stays he will still be worth megabucks next summer, his price could go down as well. I remember when Darren Anderton was the business around 1995 and Man U were bidding a huge amount for him, £11m I think. Now Anderton, whilst much ridiculed for his fitness record, was a superb player for us for a section of his career at Spurs. He was mediocre for the first third, then outstanding for the middle third, then average again. Apart from a two-year period, we'd not have got more than half that figure for him.

So, will Bale's stock do the same? Well, although there are similarities between the two, Bale is a class or two above anything Anderton ever was, no doubt. Is he truly up there with Messi and Ronaldo? Currently yes, but time will tell whether maintains that place. And then there's his fitness record. I'm not convinced on that front I'm afraid, he has had a couple of spells out for us, gets "knobbled" far too often by the opposition - and with no protection from the refs - and there was something ridiculous about him having no ligaments in his dodgy ankle or something like that.

I do think there is a possibility that Bale's stock is as high as it will ever be for us. But even if he were to tail off like Anderton did he could still be hugely valuable to the club, even if no season for him is ever as good as 2012/13.

I really cannot get my head around anyone wanting to sell him for less than 100m let alone 50m.. seriously 50m, surely not a Tottenham fan. Can the person that voted 50m be outed by changing the vote and showing who voted which way. I want to see who the WUMs are.

I put 160m

nothing but a world record transfer price.
it would be worth it. it will help us get to a higher level of sustainable revenue faster (stadium) to really compete year on year

Tempted to say do not sell at any price, as the mere act of selling would distort the market we will be looking to buy in and therefore reduce the purchasing power of whatever we receive.

On a practical level, though, I voted 90 million.

Tempted to say do not sell at any price, as the mere act of selling would distort the market we will be looking to buy in and therefore reduce the purchasing power of whatever we receive.

On a practical level, though, I voted 90 million.

I guess the trick would be to agree a deal to sell Bale early doors and hush it up until our own business is done.

100mil or more.

It doesn't really affect me in a way, as I have no overview of the overall finances of the club I don't think it is as simple as taking £80m or whatever from selling Bale and spending this directly on players. And if it is, it just boosts the prices of the players we want to sign as they know we have spare cash.

Classic example: Carroll wasn't a £30m player he was more of a £10m player at the time. But Liverpool valued him at £20m less than Torres, so all that mattered to them was they paid Saudi Sportswashing Machine £20m less than they got for Torres.

I'd be more than happy if the money from Bale went 100% on a new stadium IF it genuinely brought that deal significantly closer. Again, you never really will know until it actually happens but if we are talking silly money, like £80m, well that is 20% of the cost. This is a figure that won't go up just because we have come into money. So yeah, I'd deal at that sort of money.

A point worth considering is, while we assume if he stays he will still be worth megabucks next summer, his price could go down as well. I remember when Darren Anderton was the business around 1995 and Man U were bidding a huge amount for him, £11m I think. Now Anderton, whilst much ridiculed for his fitness record, was a superb player for us for a section of his career at Spurs. He was mediocre for the first third, then outstanding for the middle third, then average again. Apart from a two-year period, we'd not have got more than half that figure for him.

So, will Bale's stock do the same? Well, although there are similarities between the two, Bale is a class or two above anything Anderton ever was, no doubt. Is he truly up there with Messi and Ronaldo? Currently yes, but time will tell whether maintains that place. And then there's his fitness record. I'm not convinced on that front I'm afraid, he has had a couple of spells out for us, gets "knobbled" far too often by the opposition - and with no protection from the refs - and there was something ridiculous about him having no ligaments in his dodgy ankle or something like that.

I do think there is a possibility that Bale's stock is as high as it will ever be for us. But even if he were to tail off like Anderton did he could still be hugely valuable to the club, even if no season for him is ever as good as 2012/13.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the bolded bit - I am not sure if its going to be as high as it is this season but thats because I dont think he will be as good next season as he has been in the past season. UNLESS we get ine a striker or two who would bring him out to be even more effective.

No point rehashing Bale's value to the team, very clear on that.

However any offer in the 100M+ range, just from a pure business standpoint would have to be evaluated, I voted 160M, because at that point you would just have to take it.

No point rehashing Bale's value to the team, very clear on that.

However any offer in the 100M+ range, just from a pure business standpoint would have to be evaluated, I voted 160M, because at that point you would just have to take it.

What about 159m? ;)

Everyone has a price, here is mine:

43237d1323198845-htc-faces-possible-import-ban-december-google-s-android-could-next-drevil.jpg

In all seriousness I can't believe we are prepared to speculate on this? Heigh Ho! :-"

Back