• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

loads for me.

marcelo is pretty unreliable as a solo defender. playing for a team that has the ball as much as real do can be quite deceptive IMO

much like i've always said that both abidal (average) and Alves (weak) are not world class defenders but play for tha team that defend through possesion

having said all that rubbish i will raise my hands and say that i havent seen much of marcelo this season...and i barely saw him last season (what i saw , though little, was very uninspiring). maybe he has improved exponentiALLY. but if he hasnt improved significantly from about 18 months back then he is not good like people say he is IMHO

loads for me.

marcelo is pretty unreliable as a solo defender. playing for a team that has the ball as much as real do can be quite deceptive IMO

much like i've always said that both abidal (average) and Alves (weak) are not world class defenders but play for tha team that defend through possesion

having said all that rubbish i will raise my hands and say that i havent seen much of marcelo this season...and i barely saw him last season (what i saw , though little, was very uninspiring). maybe he has improved exponentiALLY. but if he hasnt improved significantly from about 18 months back then he is not good like people say he is IMHO

I don't think he is amazing defensively, but I don't think there are a lot of left-backs around who are. I think over the last couple of years (I've seen him about 8 times) he has improved a lot defensively and the fact that he has also improved going forwards makes him one of the best left-backs around. But then again as you said the fact that he doesn't have to do a lot of defending might be distorting things. 2011 wasn't a great year for that position though tbh so I can see why he could be voted as the best in the world.

EXCLUSIVE: Spurs slap world-record ?ú150m price tag on Bale

Emirates Marketing Project must find a world-record ?ú150million fee to lure Gareth Bale from Tottenham.

The Premier League leaders, who face Spurs in a title clash at the Etihad Stadium today, have made discreet *enquiries about the 22-year-old Wales *international winger.

Even cash-rich City were staggered by the asking price, which would shatter the current ?ú80million world-record transfer of Cristiano *Ronaldo from neighbours Manchester United to Real Madrid.

Rumours had surfaced that Bale has a ?ú50 million buy-out clause in his current contract and City were ready to steel a march on a host of European club by meeting that asking price in the summer.

The Stellar Group, who represent Bale, have confirmed that there is no escape clause.

Bale, who is under contract to Spurs until the summer of 2015, has maintained he’s in no hurry to leave White Hart Lane despite growing interest in him.

Ironically, back in 2009, when Spurs were considering the sale of Bale, City turned down the chance to sign him for about ?ú4m. Mark Hughes, City’s manager at the time, didn’t want to complete a deal.

Since the Bale's career fortunes. have been transformed and he has become one of the most exciting players in Europe.

-----------------------------------

This is great news if true. Who cares if he is worth that much or not. This shows our ambition and good business tactics ! Why settle for less when we can get more ? If we don't have to sell, the least we can do is make his buyers spend double or triple money than his real value.

I'd love just once for a player to respond to the generic questions of "are you happy to have won the player of the month?" rather than "yeah erm it's good and erm as long as the team is playing well erm I'm keeping my feet on the ground erm", saying something like "I honestly couldn't give a fudge" and just walking off. Just to see what would happen.

fudge me, how many gongs have we picked up this season. We need to stick them all in the trophy room before the Qataris come around for a tour and tell them they're division trophies, they'll never know. ?ú400 million big boys in the bank for the naming rights of the Shiekh Ali Bin Hussain Al Mohammed III Stadium and, bar an unpronouncable ground, we're laughing.

fudge me, how many gongs have we picked up this season. We need to stick them all in the trophy room before the Qataris come around for a tour and tell them they're division trophies, they'll never know. £400 million big boys in the bank for the naming rights of the Shiekh Ali Bin Hussain Al Mohammed III Stadium and, bar an unpronouncable ground, we're laughing.

THIS.... But would the Arabs want to buy a club famed historically for it's Jewish following?

Well done to the lad. Just hope this doesnt mean he will have a quiet game on Monday, he will recieve even more attention now from Liverpool. Just a shame Lennon isnt available because I am sure he would have benefitted from the added focus on Bale

Well done to the lad. Just hope this doesnt mean he will have a quiet game on Monday, he will recieve even more attention now from Liverpool. Just a shame Lennon isnt available because I am sure he would have benefitted from the added focus on Bale

seriously? as if before he'd got this award they would have just forgotten about him? It will make no difference to Liverpools plans to defend him, their number 1 defensive priority was and still is to keep him out of the game. A player of the month award won't affect teams preparations at all

If Barcelona want Bale, they'd put him at left back and he'd probably play every game. Dani Alves and Bale at full backs supporting Iniesta, Messi et al.

THIS.... But would the Arabs want to buy a club famed historically for it's Jewish following?

They wouldn't give a slightest fudge.

Its funny though, Bale didn't deserve the award he won last year, he wasn't even the best player at the club. He's played significantly better this year and yet probably won't come near it. Goes to show how stupid these players' players etc awards are.

If Barca want him, they can just pay for our new stadium, or fudge off
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Back