• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

GGyid

Stephen Clemence
Gareth Bale described being named in UEFA.com's Team of the Year as a 'special honour'.

And the flying Welshman was quick give his team-mates all the plaudits after receiving such an individual honour.

It's the first time a Spurs player has made it into the Team of the Year since its inception in 2001.

Voted by users of UEFA's official website, Gareth is the only Premier League player to be named in the 2011 team and becomes the first Welshman to make the 11.

He was up agains the likes of Lille's Edin Hazard, United's Ashley Young and Chelsea'a Juan Mata in the left midfield position.

In total, over 4.5 million votes were cast.

ÔÇ£ItÔÇÖs great to be recognised in such illustrious company,ÔÇØ said Gareth, ÔÇ£and the fact that itÔÇÖs voted for by fans across Europe makes it a special honour.

ÔÇ£But as IÔÇÖve said all along, IÔÇÖm part of a team here at Spurs and any recognition I receive is down to my team-mates as much as anything that I do individually.

"The team has been playing really well and weÔÇÖve all played a part in that."

Luka Modric was also on the shortlist in central midfield and Gareth is one of only three players not based in Spain's La Liga to make the cut. The others are AC Milan centre-back Thiago Silva and Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben.

UEFA.com users' Team of the Year 2011:

Goalkeeper: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid CF & Spain)

Right-back: Daniel Alves (FC Barcelona)

Centre-back: Gerard Piqu?® (FC Barcelona & Spain)

Centre-back: Thiago Silva (AC Milan)

Left-back: Marcelo (Real Madrid CF)

Right midfield: Arjen Robben (FC Bayern M??nchen & Netherlands)

Centre midfield: Xavi Hern?índez (FC Barcelona & Spain)

Attacking midfield: Andr?®s Iniesta (FC Barcelona & Spain)

Left midfield: Gareth Bale (Tottenham Hotspur FC & Wales)

Forward: Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona)

Forward: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid CF & Portugal).

Coach: Josep Guardiola (FC Barcelona)

this is not good news

i beg the Heavens to make levy get open his cheque book NOW

Yup, it means any big club will now be setting their sights on him as transfer target. At least with the buzz about him, we would be guaranteed the highest price possible.

Let's hope we offer him new contract and are the winning suitors for the player's future. We must do all we can to keep him & Modric and look to add new signings to improve the side as much as possible.

Build, not destroy!

Well done to Gareth Bale for the Award. I think he's getting better and better as a player.

he'll probably stay if we make chumpions league & take our title challenge to the wire..

He's a good player, imv - not sure if the best LB though. Always rated Cole personally although he's getting on a bit now

Yes because before this, young Gareth was a quiet achiever not getting any plaudits and definitely off the radar of clubs like Inter and Real Madrid.

Yup, it means any big club will now be setting their sights on him as transfer target. At least with the buzz about him, we would be guaranteed the highest price possible.

Let's hope we offer him new contract and are the winning suitors for the player's future. We must do all we can to keep him & Modric and look to add new signings to improve the side as much as possible.

Build, not destroy!

Well done to Gareth Bale for the Award. I think he's getting better and better as a player.

I'm not sure a manager/sporting director would make more of an effort to sign a player just because he got in the team of year. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure a manager/sporting director would make more of an effort to sign a player just because he got in the team of year. :rolleyes:

not so much people within the business knowing about the talent already, its more a confirmation that to be named in the world squad of the year, voted in the world team 1st 11 of year , being the PFA player of the year, being the most consistent and potentially highest overall offensively stats based contributor to a genuine title contender in the best league in the world....you cant help but say that Gareth bale has now world wide been officially put into the "world class" category...by his peers, fans, and official bodies that make these decisions. basically the world is confirming and making it known to each other that they all have the same thought/ idea

the level of world class that he's now been certified as is near impossible to keep at a club like ours without a true show of intent and REAL ambition.

i know it sounds weird / stupid but you'd be surprised how something like this actually makes a difference in how the players react, how the agent reacts and what their demands become , how other clubs feel towards acquiring said player in order to bolster profile.

i'd compare it to winning the oscars. people may know that you're a superb actor but until you have that trophy then you cant command the same sort of power / aura / respect in the industry. you cant say that "i am an oscar winner. this is MY demands if you want me to work for you and i take only the best. because i am an oscar winner" until you've won it

i think bale has now arrived on a world stage, officially....wouldnt be surprised if because of that people start talking in his ear to ditch this pond...probably calling us mediocre and a one off team like a seville or villareal...i.e not big enough

adam johnson probably earns more than bale. possibly arshavin , walcott and gervinho as well.

Back