• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Free on Saturday? Tottenham v Watford OMT

Good to have a reality check in pre season I guess!

Watford were strong and compact but had some pace on the counter too. Would not be surprised to see them come straight back.

Hart has done nothing to take away my fear that he’d be a worse number 2 than Gazza, especially if the latter is sold.

Most of the feedback is unsurprising.

poor deliveries from Aurier.
Cirkin did well on the ball but then got done for the pen. Might be good for him to get a loan.
Dele is not a CM
Moura is very ineffective from the left.
We need a sub centre forward, as good as Son is we lose physical presence plus his own quality from the left.
Ndombele did fine, didn’t think work rate was an issue but getting hooked is not a good sign.
Clarke showed some nice touches but like a few we have I’m not sure if their technique outweighs the lack of physicality.
Lamela was busy across the front 3 positions but passing not particularly effective, although that could be hindered by a lack of attacking options.
White - tidy but not particularly effective, like a few cms we have produced recently. not ready for first team yet, loan would be good imo.
CCV almost cost a goal.

Christ our creativity is woeful.

We were missing Lo Celso, but thats it.

Our options are abysmal
Whilst I agree on this game, Moura and son were out of position, as was Dele second half. Kane and Bergwijn were also missing.

We do need backup for Kane so we don’t sacrifice two positions when he is not around.
Hopefully Doherty will contribute to attacks more than Aurier too.

As with the games we supposedly played well in earlier in preseason it really doesn't mean much and is little more than getting your fitness up.

Let's see how we play when it matters

Whilst I agree on this game, Moura and son were out of position, as was Dele second half. Kane and Bergwijn were also missing.

We do need backup for Kane so we don’t sacrifice two positions when he is not around.
Hopefully Doherty will contribute to attacks more than Aurier too.

There is still not a lot going through the middle - Its very one dimensional

My view

- Agree with @MKSpur 2nd striker option badly needed, even if it's to take up the space.
- Watford played way aggressive, some unnecessary fouls in there, but good intro for some of the young ones.
- Clarke, White, Cirkin all still look worthy of some time in season
- Son, Lucas played out of usual position

Same as the other preseasons, a good chance for minutes and to see who isn't up for it.

- ST lack of backup, and CM without Lo Celso or N'dombele (only did 45) is nothing we didn't know.

Lo Celso is not that creative. If that’s who we are relying on to be our main source of creativity we are in trouble.
I keep saying it, our midfield is devoid of creativity and that's why as a minimum we need Lo Celso AND Ndombele playing to create something. In an ideal world we would sign another creative CM as backup because if one of them gets injured we look very stodgy in midfield once again.

If Ndombele isn't going to work out we need to replace him with someone of similar attacking quality.

Back