• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Franco Vázquez

NaijaSpurs

Jimmy McCormick
I notice in the media we are being linked to Franco Vázquez. I cannot claim to know much about him and I know it is really short sighted to judge a player on their youtube highlights, but they do him make look like a hell of a player. He would be even better if he hit the back of the net more than he hit the woodwork. He would probably rival Dele for his nutmeg crown :)

Do any of you guys know anything about him? Is he any good?

I notice in the media we are being linked to Franco Vázquez. I cannot claim to know much about him and I know it is really short sighted to judge a player on their youtube highlights, but they do him make look like a hell of a player. He would be even better if he hit the back of the net more than he hit the woodwork. He would probably rival Dele for his nutmeg crown :)

Do any of you guys know anything about him? Is he any good?

No clue but i want to buy him after watching that vid. Fantastic skill on show. Yeah I'm a sucker for youtube vids.

However I do like that that highlights reel is just one year, so not a life's work packed into 5 mins (just a season's work).

I'm sure if there was A Bentaleb video it would similar if not better

Him not getting into the distinctly average Italy squad for the Euros seems like a pretty big red flag to me. Never seen him play, but Chadli and Son would have walked in to that Italy squad and probably Townsend would have gotten in to it too. Never mind our actual starting players in attacking midfield. 27 years old too so hardly a young talent...

Him not getting into the distinctly average Italy squad for the Euros seems like a pretty big red flag to me. Never seen him play, but Chadli and Son would have walked in to that Italy squad and probably Townsend would have gotten in to it too. Never mind our actual starting players in attacking midfield. 27 years old too so hardly a young talent...

Palermo only avoided relegation by a point too.

This smells a bit of our name being used to lever a move to a mid-table Serie A side.

I have no idea who he is, but I also had basically no idea who Kevin Wimmer, Heung-Min Son, and Clinton N'Jie were before we bought them, and those signings are looking promising. Then again, I didn't know who Fazio or Stambouli were either, sooooooo

I have no idea who he is, but I also had basically no idea who Kevin Wimmer, Heung-Min Son, and Clinton N'Jie were before we bought them, and those signings are looking promising. Then again, I didn't know who Fazio or Stambouli were either, sooooooo

How can you have an opinion on football matters when you don't play FM?

F*ck Zamparini. He's done this before - I don't know if anyone remembers, but we were linked with a double swoop for Kjaer and Cavani (back when Cavani was an industrious but limited winger for Palermo) in 2010, fresh from the excitement of making the CL for the first time. Zamparini came out with a load of b*llocks about how we were all done with terms and contracts, and that he was just waiting on the official papers to come through so that he could send them our way.

Then they both got sold to different clubs, and we never heard about Spurs' 'interest' in those players again. So I'd be very careful taking *anything* Zamparini says at face value.

Yes, I'm still bitter.

Have only just watched that video of him. Wow he looks silky on the ball! For me, seeing a player run with the ball is the most exciting thing in football, bar scoring a goal of course!
Can see a competition between him and Alli for most nutmegs in a game.

Have only just watched that video of him. Wow he looks silky on the ball! For me, seeing a player run with the ball is the most exciting thing in football, bar scoring a goal of course!
Can see a competition between him and Alli for most nutmegs in a game.

I linked an article about Poch's tactics a while back that emphasized that what we needed in the attacking midfield three (in terms of reinforcements) was a player with an excellent first touch, able to turn to face the opposition goal with the ball at his feet in an instant once the 'vertical' pass finds him. Therefore, it makes sense (if the conclusions of that article are correct) that we'd be looking at someone like Vazquez, who clearly has that skill in abundance. However, we have to remember that a) it's Zamparini, so nothing he says should be believed unconditionally, and b) that video, while impressive, is based on his exploits in Serie A. We've seen the long adustment period needed for Lamela to get up to speed in the PL following his move - would Vazquez's skills translate more easily than Lamela's did? And, in the event that they don't, would we be able to afford him the time he'll need to adapt to the PL (after all, he's 27 or something)?

Also, an interesting factoid about Vazquez - he was both the player who was fouled the most (something near 200 times) and committed the most fouls (120-odd fouls, to be more precise) across Europe's top five leagues this season, and, funnily enough, he also held the same record last season as well. :p

Dubai. Hear, hear!

He's even said, according to other Hotspur Related tweets, that he's waiting on an offer!

Never heard of this player before but this sh!t sums up why I never trust anything until it's on the official website or, at bare minimum, the player has been snapped with officials ala Soldado and Baldini. In the transfer world we're a half way house, perfect for greedy owners and agents to use as bate for bigger fish. Sad, but true.

Also, an interesting factoid about Vazquez - he was both the player who was fouled the most (something near 200 times) and committed the most fouls (120-odd fouls, to be more precise) across Europe's top five leagues this season, and, funnily enough, he also held the same record last season as well. :p

A dirty fecker just like Lamela really. Maybe the one tackle in that vid is the only successful one he made all season :eek:

A dirty fecker just like Lamela really. Maybe the one tackle in that vid is the only successful one he made all season :eek:

Yeah, I like stats like those because, without watching the player, you can't really tell if he's an all action type like Lamela or if he's just godawful at tackling. Introduces some excitement into judging a player online, although admittedly it brings great grief if he does sign and it turns out he's just sh*te. :p

Wow, 27 too old, interestingly that

Back