• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fourth - who are we going to beat to it?

Pirate55

The Last Man Standing 17/18
If we are to qualify for CL this season, we will have to come in the top four. For this to happen, we will most likely have to pip Arsnl, Man Ure, Emirates Marketing Project or Chelski.

Which of those can you realistically see us finishing in front of this season - and why?

Personally, I can't see it happening and think we would do well to finish fifth ahead of Liverscum, and Everton. Hope I am being too pessimistic.

Not a hope in hell unless and until we find a way to start doing what all of the above have little difficulty with - putting the ball in the back of the net on a regular basis.

1) City
2) Chelsea
3) Spurs
4) Arsenal
5) Man U
6) Liverpool
7) Everton

It's a long season - Arsenal and Liverpool in particular won't have the stamina, whereas ,City and Chelsea are still warming up.

at the start of the season I would have said the goons but since then our new recruits haven't hit the ground running like i'd hoped whilst Ozil has made a massive difference to them (enough that I now have them favourites for the league), the only hope is that they have an injury crisis or fall apart, can't see it happening though, they get away with everything normally

hopefully we can hang on with the other 3, united seem closest to us at the minute, i'm not giving up yet but we'll need to beat last seasons record points tally to be in there

We can forget about Arsenal, City and Chelsea in my opinion. Man Utd and Liverpool are the teams we might have a chance against.

I think 4th in unrealistic this season, though.

We can forget about Arsenal, City and Chelsea in my opinion. Man Utd and Liverpool are the teams we might have a chance against.

I think 4th in unrealistic this season, though.

Agree.
Top 3 will be Arsenal, City and Chelsea.
4th between Spurs, Liverpool and United.
And at present, I don't fancy us to finish top of that threesome.

Agree.
Top 3 will be Arsenal, City and Chelsea.
4th between Spurs, Liverpool and United.
And at present, I don't fancy us to finish top of that threesome.

From what I have seen of Everton this season I would include them in the mix too, they look a far better team with Martinez at the helm.
The jury is still out on Southampton for me, not sure how much squad depth they have, but certainly they are playing some entertaining stuff at present.
Saudi Sportswashing Machine have begun to click too. Right now we look to be in a battle to finish in a Europa spot let alone a CL spot.

As many have said these next few weeks will be a massive tell.

I'll be happy with 5th.

I think that is our level. Anything above 5th and I'd be over the moon with. Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project, Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool all have at least one World Class player in their teams. I do think however based on squad game we will finish above Liverpool. I actually think it will be between us and Everton for fifth, but once again regarding squads I think we'll just about pip it.

I think the league will finish like this:

1. Emirates Marketing Project
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Man Utd
--------------
5. Tottenham
6. Everton
7. Liverpool
8. Saudi Sportswashing Machine
9. Southampton
10. West Brom
11. Swansea
12. Norwich
13. Stoke
14. Aston Villa
15. Hull
16. Fulham
17. West Ham
-------------------
18. Cardiff
19. Sunderland
20. Crystal Palace

1) City
2) Chelsea
3) Spurs
4) Arsenal
5) Man U
6) Liverpool
7) Everton

It's a long season - Arsenal and Liverpool in particular won't have the stamina, whereas ,City and Chelsea are still warming up.

I can see this happening...I could also see us finishing 5th. If we had kept Bale and not spent as much I genuinely think we would have been on for a title challenge, but as it is the integration of so many new players as a necessity following Bale's decision in Hong Kong probably set us back a year in planning.

But I don't really see why we can't finish ahead of Man United. I have a feeling they will kick it up a gear in the second half of the year but so will we, and to be honest I think we have a better squad. Chelsea and City will probably take the top 2 because they also have room to improve and will do that from February in terms of consistency but to me Arsenal and Liverpool have come out trying to play all guns blazing football. Even though Arsenal have a pretty good squad I don't think they will keep that up all year. Sometimes I think the fact that they have talent like Ozil means they won't drop and this year will be different for them, but then again we had Bale and it didn't mean we got what we wanted.

I think Liverpool will finish 6th, and I think we will have to finish above United or Arsenal. I think both are possibilities. Arsenal would be sweet, as it would pretty much mirror our collapse of 2 seasons ago.

I'd be happy to finish clear of Southampton and Everton.

We have not looked too clever against the better sides.

If we finish 5th again why would Levy decide to keep avb on for another season? Surely it will mean that he is simply not good enough!

There were signs on Sunday that he may be ditching this stupid negative ethos he values so much. Also find it laughable that United had the possession yet we looked most likely to score on several occasions. Kind of shows up the idiotic comments made by so many on here when desperately trying to condone the awful football we have been playing. These were the best ones: avb wanting us to "keep possession" and that we are "playing with more control" ! :)

How about we just play football like we know we can!

The way City, Arsenal and Chelsea are playing, they will be occupying the top 3 this season, with us, United, Liverpool and Everton battling for 4th.

No one. We'll finish anywhere from 6th to 12th IMO. Just don't denote Levy can expect much from AVB when in his two summers here he's sold our best players and replaced them with inferior while teams we're up against haven't

Back