1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Formula One on Sky

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by philspursuk, 14 Mar 2012.

1. monkeybarry

monkeybarry Chris Perry

It might be a fun tactical battle with Ferrari and Red Bull.
    I suspect a lot of cars will struggle to stay on this track.
    I see this season as about the constructors rather than the drivers.

SpurMeUp likes this.
  2. Baleforce

Baleforce Steve Archibald

Mercedes really have fudged up haven’t they, how can you get it so wrong with all of that time and money.

SpurMeUp likes this.
  3. Daisuk

Daisuk Jack Jull

Pierre Gasly is my man. Seems like a nice bloke. Charles Leclerc also seems like a nice bloke, and I have to say, I sympathize with Hamilton, he seems like a nice chap to me.
    It's funny to see a guy like Yuki Tsunoda, who just seems like this e-sports kid that has taken his hobby to the actual race track. He's got guts though!

Horner and Verstappen both seem like bellends, indeed, but Sergio Perez seems nice! Haha, I'm all about who's nice, such a casual Netflix-fan it hurts. :p

4. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Les Howe

Yeah, it really is a snooze fest watching racing cars go at 300 kph on a narrow street circuit, constantly being centimeters from the concrete wall. Really really boring to watch....

Daisuk likes this.
  5. Daisuk

Daisuk Jack Jull

Jesus. It's really crazy to think they actually drive like that. Mind-blowing. Wish modern TVs could give you the opportunity to switch camera as you wished. Would be nice to watch F1 in VR. :) It's exhilarating to watch inside a car, but watching the broadcast it's more just random shots of cars driving here and there. Needs better directing and cameras to get more interesting, IMHO.

Last edited: 27 Mar 2022
    ShipOfTheseus and monkeybarry like this.
  6. Daisuk

Daisuk Jack Jull

Coulthard is dandy! Too bad Leclerc didn't win, but great finish to the race today.

Kandi1977 likes this.
  7. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Andy Thompson

Was better than last weeks race. The production on the version I saw was terrible, missed half the overtakes, playing replays during the crucial moments. @Daisuk I most enjoy the onboard shots. Which can give you a sense of what its like driving at that speed.

I'll always watch F1, I remember watching live as a kid when Senna was killed. But it isn't a riveting sport most of the time. Its like football or cricket in that sense. There can be long stretches where not much happens, but when it suddenly and unexpectedly does it's scintillating. At the moment it seems like the commentators are trying to talk it up as being exciting, when its...well not particularly.

Who's second going into the DRS detection zone has an advantage. But the real excitement comes from rivalry and you have to let that develop over the season. We need Le Clark and Verstappen to have a crash to spice it up. Car racing isn't all that exciting for long periods, that is just the way it is.

Daisuk likes this.
  8. Daisuk

Daisuk Jack Jull

Yeah, it's perfect for Netflix though, as the exciting moments accumulate, haha. It's brilliant in a condenced form, I like watching the highlights.

But that whole circus going to fudging Saudi Arabia to party with the crooks down there, it's not nice, is it, but I suppose it's no worse than Emirates Marketing Project and the likes.

harr1984 and SpurMeUp like this.
  9. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Andy Thompson

I think the tide has turned recently. The Russian invasion is one of those seminal moments. While some people were aware of their conduct, and there were murmurings, now the Saudis will have to improve their human rights record in this new world. Sponsors pushed by the public are willing to get behind sanctions of strong causes, if the media get the bit between their teeth. So much depends on media coverage though.

I haven't tried watching the netflicks show, probably is more interesting!

Daisuk likes this.
  10. harr1984

harr1984 Steffen Iversen

I have only just started watching Drive to Survive and I think it’s brilliant. I’ve only ever really paid attention to the top drivers and teams, yet for the whole of series 1 and up until about half way through series 2 Hamilton had hardly got a mention. It was mostly on the mid level teams like Renault, McClaren etc which is great because I’d never paid much attention to those teams yet this show gives you an insight into just how much finishing somewhere like 6th means to these teams. I feel like the series has given me a great insight into the sport and a new perspective I never would have got if not for the show. Oh and I can’t stand Horner even more now….

SpurMeUp and Daisuk like this.
  11. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Les Howe

You can, if you watch on F1.com. And you have to pay, but you can choose cameras, at least on board cameras.

Daisuk likes this.
  12. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Les Howe

I find it very pleasing to see Hamilton at the back of the field, struggling really hard to fend off the likes of Albon, Gasly etc. Especially when Russel is half a second quicker.

13. Diamond Lights

Diamond Lights Steve Hodge

Las Vegas circuit looks utter brick. Terrible. Just a fudging rectangle.

Anyway, hands up who just booked flights and tickets to Abu Dhabi GP :sunglasses:

SpurMeUp likes this.
  14. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

Another disastrous qualifying session for Mercedes

15. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Les Howe

In kangaroo land paying tribute to the kangaroo with their bouncing car. Mind you, the ferrari was bouncing pretty severely too. Didn't seem to affect them too much though.

16. Daisuk

Daisuk Jack Jull

Leclerc won again. Wouldn't mind him winning it all. Albon even got a point in the Williams. Well done. Russell on the podium.

Baleforce likes this.
  17. Baleforce

I don’t have any real hate for Max, not that I don’t think he’s a bit petulant and erratic, but I do think Horner is a monumental prick, and I’m still sick at the corruption at the end of last season, so I’m delighted to see the Red Bull have problems.

Leclerc is a class act, deserves any success he gets.

harr1984, greatwhitenorf and Daisuk like this.
  18. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Andy Thompson

Somehow teams need to figure out how to stop the cars from bottoming out and losing the ground effect? Is that the moon race race now?
    Should be a way to open a value or whatever when the cars reach a certain level of ‘suction’ so they don’t bottom out. Obviously they haven’t thought of this yet

There should be some development and excitement as things change again in a couple of months.

19. Baleforce

It’s mad, this was a solved problem in the 60’s.

SpurMeUp likes this.
  20. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Andy Thompson

How/did they solve it? Must be more complex. A whole new way of thinking and designing cars.