• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Formula One on Sky

Verstappen strikes me as a bit of a brat, but he sure is one hell of a driver. Cool if someone other than Mercedes and Hamilton can win for a change. :)

Verstappen strikes me as a bit of a brat, but he sure is one hell of a driver. Cool if someone other than Mercedes and Hamilton can win for a change. :)

So reverting to the previous seasons before Mercedes were so powerful then, four years of Vettle near enough walking away with it from lap one :)

Silverstone will be allowed to have a full capacity crowd for next month's British Grand Prix.

The track can hold around 140,000 spectators, which will make it the largest crowd for a sporting event in the UK since the start of the coronavirus pandemic.

Silverstone said it would work closely with public health experts on the "specific conditions of entry that will enable the event to operate safely".

The race takes place on 18 July.

F1 president Stefano Domenicali said the development was "fantastic news".

The move follows large crowds being permitted for the final matches of Euro 2020, Wimbledon and Open Championship golf.

Capacity at Wembley will be raised to 60,000 for the semi-finals and final of Euro 2020, Wimbledon will start at 50% capacity on 28 June before rising to full 15,000 capacity for the men's and women's finals, while 32,000 spectators a day will be permitted at The Open.

UK culture secretary Oliver Dowden said: "Through our successful vaccine rollout and ambitious Events Research Programme we are continuing to make progress, and events like this will pave the way for everyone to enjoy live sport and culture together safely once more."

Silverstone managing director Stuart Pringle said: "This is something we have all been working towards for months and I cannot wait to welcome a full capacity crowd back to Silverstone this July.

"Many of our fans rolled their tickets over from 2020 but they are now well placed to enjoy what is sure to be one of the highlights of the summer."

Pringle thanked the government for "recognising what an amazing, safe opportunity the British Grand Prix offers to show the world how Britain has dragged itself back on track following the fight against the pandemic".

More to follow.

Looks like verstaphen has the upper hand - a faster car - and should win today.

Hamilton and Mercedes are still in contention but focused more on next years new car. I think Hamilton probably fears George Russell more than anything. If he takes Botas’ seat - which on merit he should - will Hamilton be able to keep up? Will be interesting to see. Russell, verstaphen, Hamilton seem like the 3 fastest drivers. The elite of the elite.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Looks like verstaphen has the upper hand - a faster car - and should win today.

Hamilton and Mercedes are still in contention but focused more on next years new car. I think Hamilton probably fears George Russell more than anything. If he takes Botas’ seat - which on merit he should - will Hamilton be able to keep up? Will be interesting to see. Russell, verstaphen, Hamilton seem like the 3 fastest drivers. The elite of the elite.

Mercedes have been showing better race pace - hopefully it'll be close. Last race would have been closer if they hadn't fudged up their strategy.

I think you're doing Norris a disservice leaving him out of that list. He's been as quick as Bottas and Perez in a car that's significantly slower.

Mercedes have been showing better race pace - hopefully it'll be close. Last race would have been closer if they hadn't fudged up their strategy.

I think you're doing Norris a disservice leaving him out of that list. He's been as quick as Bottas and Perez in a car that's significantly slower.

He deserves a seat in a top car. Definitely up there. Probably more exciting than Russell?

Who's going to watch this sprint race today?

Imagine football decided to have a game over 2 days instead. Genius commercial decision, or interesting sporting dynamic to it?

Who's going to watch this sprint race today?

Imagine football decided to have a game over 2 days instead. Genius commercial decision, or interesting sporting dynamic to it?
Think it will disappear quickly. Can't see the point of it, and it won't be any different to the regular race.

Think it will disappear quickly. Can't see the point of it, and it won't be any different to the regular race.
Can't remember which driver was being interviewed yesterday but he suggested that those who normally start further towards the back will have little to lose from going all out and fighting wheel to wheel.

Might see a few more coming through than we normally would.

Can't remember which driver was being interviewed yesterday but he suggested that those who normally start further towards the back will have little to lose from going all out and fighting wheel to wheel.

Might see a few more coming through than we normally would.
Why the hell would they do that? Only 1st,2nd and 3rd get any points, and by going gung-ho they also risk wrecking the car, putting the Sunday race in jeopardy.

Taking big risks just to maybe gain a place or 2 on the Sunday grid doesn't sound very smart or likely imo.

Why the hell would they do that? Only 1st,2nd and 3rd get any points, and by going gung-ho they also risk wrecking the car, putting the Sunday race in jeopardy.

Taking big risks just to maybe gain a place or 2 on the Sunday grid doesn't sound very smart or likely imo.
Because they know the teams in front of them have more to lose than they do.

Looked a great day in the sun at Silverstone. Brilliant race by Lewis, held his line legally, put the headstrong Dutchman into the barriers and overcame a harsh ten second penalty to win. Makes the Championship race a lot closer.

The Stewards 10sec penalty is a bit farcical when nearly every driver has said it was a racing incident. It was aggressive from Max, it was aggressive from Lewis. But it wasn't intentional. Either car could have come out terribly from such a high risk and speed manoeuvre. Giving a penalty for that because Horner wouldn't stop bitching is poor.

Back