• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Formula One on Sky

It's really really common on F1 for a seat to be bought like that, Mazepin has had a tough start but he has a better record in lower disciplines than some we have seen in the past.

The car was quicker than the Mercedes for the first couple of races, at worst it's a match now, the potential wing ban may change that in future races. Mercedes are doing a better job with strategy, although that's easier to do with Hamilton as he's so consistent and so fast. Perez not being as reliable a wingman as Bottas isn't helping them either.
This is the biggest factor IMO.

It doesn't allow them to vary strategies, they just have to plan one and go for it.

Anyone know why the entire might and resources of F1 and all the teams couldn't get their Pride stuff sorted in time for Azerbaijan?

Fantastic race today! Brilliant to see the clam fudge it up at the first corner after the restart!
received_1751033788440877.jpeg
Rumours say he got his ridiculous hair in his eyes, so couldn't see brick.

Fantastic race today! Brilliant to see the clam fudge it up at the first corner after the restart!
View attachment 12037
Rumours say he got his ridiculous hair in his eyes, so couldn't see brick.
He left the brakes in warm up mode from the formation lap, it seems. So instead of being able to judge the brakes, they just grabbed.

Silly mistake from someone that experienced.

Vettel had a great race.

Dunno what Hamilton did, but the brakes where smoking like a bad barbecue before the restart. Great race from Vettel. Missing Q3 by 3/100 of a second and starting 10th with a free choice of tires second, proved to be a master stroke. Although unintentional.

Just out of interest what is it about Hamilton that annoys you so much? He seems a completely decent human to me.

he's black and speaks his mind, and people don't like that. it's why many don't give him the credit he deserves as the GOAT. "oh he has the best car" - yeh that never happened with Schumacher. Which is amazing given if he has the best car, why can't Bottas hold a candle to him...

If Hamilton was white, he'd be lauded far higher. they were giving out sporting Knighthoods to tonnes of white sportsman who didn't achieve a modicum of the level Hamilton did in his sport.

he's black and speaks his mind, and people don't like that. it's why many don't give him the credit he deserves as the GOAT. "oh he has the best car" - yeh that never happened with Schumacher. Which is amazing given if he has the best car, why can't Bottas hold a candle to him...

If Hamilton was white, he'd be lauded far higher. they were giving out sporting Knighthoods to tonnes of white sportsman who didn't achieve a modicum of the level Hamilton did in his sport.
Isn't he mixed race, thought his mum is white? Not really a fan of F1, used to watch it back in the 70's/80's/early 90's when there was Hunt, Lauder, Senna, Mansell, etc. Schumacher and Senna were the 2 best I've seen but Hamilton is definitely up there as the best with them. His record is phenomenal. Seems like a nice bloke in interviews I've seen but I've not seen one for about 2 years so his persona may have changed in that time?

In my time following F1 the only time we had 2 greats in the same era was Senna and Prost, since then it’s been Schumacher, a bit of Vettel and now Hamilton.

Since the first every race the one thing all great drivers have in common is they have been in the best or nearly the best car on the grid.

I’m not sure why Hamilton causes such hatred and venom from some people, maybe because of his colour, maybe his arrogance but it definitely is a thing and mainly from British fans.

And according to the record books he is the GOAT [emoji238]

Just out of interest what is it about Hamilton that annoys you so much? He seems a completely decent human to me.
He isn't. I've met him a couple of times when I was invited by a Mercedes team sponsor. He was a roostery, borderline rude asshole. First time I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he maybe had a bad day, but it was similar the next time too. The other drivers were friendly and chatted, gave autographs and were generally nice. Hamilton was disinterested, rude and acted like a spoilt little prick, which he obviously is. Also, he gets away with so much brick that others get penalised for. Just a very unlikeable guy.

He isn't. I've met him a couple of times when I was invited by a Mercedes team sponsor. He was a roostery, borderline rude asshole. First time I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he maybe had a bad day, but it was similar the next time too. The other drivers were friendly and chatted, gave autographs and were generally nice. Hamilton was disinterested, rude and acted like a spoilt little prick, which he obviously is. Also, he gets away with so much brick that others get penalised for. Just a very unlikeable guy.

Ooh poor little corporate F1 paddock visiting ‘VIP’ didn’t get his autograph or deep and meaningful conversation. Maybe he didn’t like the look of your hair, same way that you take such offence to his.

He’s got a ‘midatlantic’ accent (whatever the fcuk that is) though so it’s fine to throw hate at him.

Ooh poor little corporate F1 paddock visiting ‘VIP’ didn’t get his autograph or deep and meaningful conversation. Maybe he didn’t like the look of your hair, same way that you take such offence to his.
He was like that to everyone, and I have never asked for an autograph in my entire life. He was just not a nice person.
Secondly, who the fudge are you to question who I like and dislike?

I think it's pretty well known that Hamilton is a bit of a prick. Obviously a great driver, and rich as fudge, so I don't think it bothers him how much he is hated.

Long before his skiing accident, I truly despised the smug, arrogant Michael Schumacher. So, even though I'd get a kick out of watching someone else win the title, I cheer for Hamilton to eclipse him in every way. And he's almost there.

In my time following F1 the only time we had 2 greats in the same era was Senna and Prost, since then it’s been Schumacher, a bit of Vettel and now Hamilton.

Since the first every race the one thing all great drivers have in common is they have been in the best or nearly the best car on the grid.

I’m not sure why Hamilton causes such hatred and venom from some people, maybe because of his colour, maybe his arrogance but it definitely is a thing and mainly from British fans.

And according to the record books he is the GOAT [emoji238]

I think Hakkinen and Alonso were also pretty special, but only in a competitive car for limited time.

Hakkinen in particular was completely fearless.

Back