• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Formula One on Sky

Used to love F1 but find it so tedious now, it's not competitve at all. Hopefully those new engine changes will change it up.
With Honda dropping out the engines are likely to become less competitive if anything. If Red Bull can license the tech from them it'll be interesting.

End of next season they'll be bringing in the aero rules, but teams may still find a way around them.

I think the answer is simpler than they're aiming for. They should just have a box of space behind each car and, in a wind tunnel, measure how disturbed the air is in that box. Make an absolute limit and then they can overtake again.

Used to love F1 but find it so tedious now, it's not competitve at all. Hopefully those new engine changes will change it up.

I half understand that, yes Mercedes have the best car far and away, but others need to step up, no excuses from teams like Ferrari to be as uncompetitive as they are.

But today was absolute proof in the pudding that its not always like that, it was a competitive race, Hamilton on 6th and Stroll at the half way mark had a 20 second lead. In fact the other racers were a mix of Redbull, Racing Point. Mercedes were 3rd best all weekend on this track.

Main issues seem to be aero and tyres i.e. it is very hard to get behind someone else due to aero and then tyres fall off a cliff too rapidly, so they are rarely going at full pelt.

Maybe if they FORCED everyone to make 5 pit stops per race they would stop saving tyres and just go hell for leather turbo nutter fast all race.

George Russell stayed ahead of the pack in Sakhir GP Practice Two to complete an incredible first day in the Mercedes, with Lewis Hamilton's stand-in doubling up on fastest Friday times to lay down an unexpectedly dominant marker for the rest of the weekend

George Russell stayed ahead of the pack in Sakhir GP Practice Two to complete an incredible first day in the Mercedes, with Lewis Hamilton's stand-in doubling up on fastest Friday times to lay down an unexpectedly dominant marker for the rest of the weekend
So... Russel has been consistently in the bottom 5, often several seconds a lap slower than Hamilton.
Then he borrows Hamiltons car, and suddenly he's the fastest guy out there.....
Surely the car has nothing to do with that....

So... Russel has been consistently in the bottom 5, often several seconds a lap slower than Hamilton.

Makes their dominance even more starkly farcical

Others will be masking their performance, testing equipment and preparing tires, he’s conceivably the only driver of a top end car going full gas and looking for the limits.

Others will be masking their performance, testing equipment and preparing tires, he’s conceivably the only driver of a top end car going full gas and looking for the limits.
Could be and probably is this, but I’d love it if Russel tore it up all weekend, would be a major embarrassment for Hamilton.

Not even mentioning the embarrassment for Bottas. Or perhaps it shows how Hamilton's side of the garage gets the best gear.
Hamilton is their #1 driver, and the car is built to suit him. And I also believe he gets the best parts too. Bottas has had more than twice as many mechanical failures during their time as team mates.
Despite that, Bottas is matching Hamilton. It's normally only a matter of 1000s of a second between them in qualifying.

Hamilton is their #1 driver, and the car is built to suit him. And I also believe he gets the best parts too. Bottas has had more than twice as many mechanical failures during their time as team mates.
Despite that, Bottas is matching Hamilton. It's normally only a matter of 1000s of a second between them in qualifying.

Maybe more his side know what their doing?
Remember when they gave Rosberg his crew and boom, failures for Hamilton were more common place, the set-up wasn't great for him and then Rosberg won the title.
(The one memory cell reminds me it was that year, but has been doused by alcohol so could be wrong)

The Merc is bar far the best car utilising the sum of all its parts, the only measure it offers is for the two drivers vs each other. Much better to put everyone in a Williams and see the layout of drivers :D

Also noticed that Ferrari turned up the cheat dial a bit too much in Q3 and decided hide in the garage until the end.

This seasons F1 looks promising. Looks to be closer between a lot of teams, and that the sleazy grease ball won't get such an easy ride to the title. Verstappen was different class in qualifying, beating the sleazy grease ball by 4/10 of a second. Both Ferrari and McLaren looks to be in a lot better shape too. Early signs is that this is shaping up to be a really interesting season.

Back