• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Foreign Fans

Had the privilege of meeting Danish and Northern Irish fans before the game in the boxpark, fans because of Nielsen and Keane but now fans for life. All were equally outraged at the principle of a half and half scarf. I can just about understand it for a. European game, it’s not as offensively domestically against a team whose results don’t impact is big for a derby it’s an insult to both clubs. Can you get a half and half Celtic Rangers or Sunderland Saudi Sportswashing Machine scarf too?

Last edited:
I'm with Bedford. Half and half Spurs and Scum? Shot at dawn.

I was quite shocked at how many were on sale....still, if it's a money spinner for the club that all clubs are getting on the bandwagon of, well looks like they're hear to stay. Personally, i would have thought the match-day programme had the same purpose..still, maybe they are a handy trick to separate the fakes from the real;)

Do the club sell them then? That's even worse. I just thought it was those blokes on Wembley Way (or whatever it's called), who I've always assumed were not on Daniel's Christmas card list.

Do the club sell them then? That's even worse. I just thought it was those blokes on Wembley Way (or whatever it's called), who I've always assumed were not on Daniel's Christmas card list.
Thankfully never seen one of these half & half shirts at a Tottenham match, yet...

upload_2019-3-3_3-10-5.jpeg

No of course the club doesn't sell them, i don't know where GG has got that idea from.

i was there Saturday ,what a fecking liberty ,was walking out and there he was all smiles holding the scarves up,shouting out how much they were....i think its an age thing i was livid(in my younger fifties) gave him some stick but there were load of youngsters around me all laughing and joking that he was selling them......PLEASE STOP IT BEFORE IT COMES ALL TOO COMMON....NOW!!

Who the feck wants red gooner badge next to our badge,don't buy this brick....EVER.

i was there Saturday ,what a fecking liberty ,was walking out and there he was all smiles holding the scarves up,shouting out how much they were....i think its an age thing i was livid(in my younger fifties) gave him some stick but there were load of youngsters around me all laughing and joking that he was selling them......PLEASE STOP IT BEFORE IT COMES ALL TOO COMMON....NOW!!

Who the feck wants red gooner badge next to our badge,don't buy this brick....EVER.

I think it's a tourist souvenir thing. Lots of tourists without strong ties to any team wanting to catch a PL match when in London, I reckon they're the target group for them.

Hate them, and anyone that wears them.
Yep. They are quite a useful tool to identify 'those people' that massively don't 'get it'.

I suppose it is would be like if I was on holiday in Portugal and went to see Sporting vs Porto or whatever, and I don't give a monkey's who wins but I buy a scarf to remember the day out. I wouldn't... but I can see how a tourist might.

I think we will all need to get accustomed to more tourists at games (I'm sure Levy is betting on it)

As a few have said, foreign fans can be as die hard, and believe me we get the rivalry with the Scum, not sure I get the West Ham thing (and had a West Ham co-worker who went on and on about it).

League half and halfs I really don't get, bit weird wanting brick with red on it anyway ...

Back