• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

For anyone who likes their Heavy Metal

its not bad mate - sounds pretty polished for an unsigned band.
obviously competent musicians

i think there is a bit too much going on in that song though - you always have the riffs and pattern of three songs in there
the whole "devils voice" thing is overdone - but then i think that has just become a massive cliche anyway.

just the one song so far?

overall i'd would decent enough

Sounded good, but there's at least 3 different songs in there. The changes/breaks come off a little too forced for my taste, neither natural nor proggy, but I'm no expert. I'm more into the melodic types of metal than trash/death and such.

its not bad mate - sounds pretty polished for an unsigned band.
obviously competent musicians

i think there is a bit too much going on in that song though - you always have the riffs and pattern of three songs in there
the whole "devils voice" thing is overdone - but then i think that has just become a massive cliche anyway.

just the one song so far?

overall i'd would decent enough

Yeh just the one, yeh we've all been about and playing in bands for a good while plus it was recorded in a top notch studio (einstein studios here in NI) so the sound quality is good too.

I'm not really a fan in general of screamy vocals either (I hate all that 'metalcore' brick that seems to be about nowadays), although we tried singing the chorus and it just didn't sound ballsy enough so went with the screams.

The three songs in one comment, I can see where your coming from but we wanted to kind of get away from the verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus/end feel. Personally I think that the chorus over the end riff and going back into the riff at the end ties it up again quite well (then again I would think that, I wrote it! haha).

At the end of the day we have to listen to you guys though, so thanks for the comments and they will all be taken onboard. Keep them coming!

Cheers,
Jamie

I actually really quite liked it, I generally hate unsigned metal bands because the vocals are all screams and all sound very similar, but you singer was actually pretty good IMO.

The problem to me is that there is nothing memorable about the song. Perhaps its because there is so much change in the song and little repetition, but at no point was there any kind of hook that would make me remember the song.

Solid effort tbh, better than a lot of the crap unsigned metal I've heard before

This one-time, at bandcamp, I pressed a link....

Same as above, bit much happening, but yeah +1 good track

loved the opening and the sudden hit of the main riff coming in. I liked the vocals as they are proper vocals, but did not like the opening Scream, did not seem to suit his voice. Overall I liked the song but kept waiting for it to just hit a moment where it really went off in direction but it seemed to keep cutting back to a different sound, I wanted a longer section where I could really flow with it. Good thing is it did not really remind me of anyone, which i always like to see in a new band. The Vocals were coherent and had a nice change up, and even though i really enjoyed large sections of it it just felt a little cut up.

I dont write music or know how to construct it so sorry if my comments are a little un technical, but I am a massive Metal fan and have been for a long time.

Back