• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Footballers that are Spurs-fans?

Daisuk

Les Medley
Which football-players are self-professed fans of us? From the top of my head, these are some I remember;

Dave Kitson (was with Reading, at Wolves now, right?)
Dennis Bergkamp
Edgar Davids
Teemu Tainio
Scott Parker (right?)

I know similar threads have been here before, but couldn't find one in the database (due to the crash, I guess).

that chap Messi goes to sleep every night wearing an Ardiles signed '81 Fa cup final shirt

He is, mate. A bit anoraky I know but I found a magazine article from 1993 in which he says he is a Spurs fan (before he started this whole thing about only liking Hoddle).

Anyway to continue the thread:
Barry Hayles
Chris Powell
Les Ferdinand
Mark Gower

Begkamp was a Hoddle fan

That chap who now manages Palace
The other chap who played up front for Blackburn

Not good with names today...

I still think it should be a pre-requisite for EVERY club to have at least TWO players who support that team (not quite at the expense of ability, but you get my drift!)

Players who play for the team they support can give the fans of that club no better incentive to give THEIR support to a player who is, in effect; ONE OF THEM!

Steve Sedgely is a prime example... I was willing (most of the time) prepared to ignore his distinct lack of ability, due mainly to the fact he was a self-professed Yid!

Now get Gareth Barry in... NOW!!

...and once Harry goes, Barry Fry for manager (oh yes he is!!)

Kevin Doyle once said he supported Spurs didn't he? (I may be confusing him with a different Reading player at that time)

Get in Barry then weren't we rumoured to be in for him before Emirates Marketing Project backed up the money bus?

Chris Eagles
"I grew up a Spurs season-ticket holder. I'd go along with my Dad and uncles to watch players like Gazza and Klinsmann so it's a special tie for me."

Henrik Larsson
Swedish football website asking question of favourite club, answered "Tottenham"

more: http://www.mehstg.com/fans_proof.htm

Get in Barry then weren't we rumoured to be in for him before Emirates Marketing Project backed up the money bus?

We were linked with him a few times years back, but once he started playing regularly for England he suddenly double his price tag and City were stupid enough to pay it.

Back