• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football and TV

I've had more games ruined by whingers than happy clappers (I can't remember a game being ruined by a happy clappers but I have turned down the chance to go to games with Steff).

Whingers are usually happy clappers, they are happy clappers when things are going well and turn into wingers when they do not.

Whingers are usually happy clappers, they are happy clappers when things are going well and turn into wingers when they do not.

I think we have different definitions. Whingers start getting on the team's and players back when we are not three nil up after five minutes, we have far too many of these in WHL. Happy clappers just look for the positives in everything, I don't think that they are too evident in the ground.

We get lots of tourists now, of course, and S.Korean's who get the hump when Son isn't selected.

I think we have different definitions. Whingers start getting on the team's and players back when we are not three nil up after five minutes, we have far too many of these in WHL. Happy clappers just look for the positives in everything, I don't think that they are too evident in the ground.

We get lots of tourists now, of course, and S.Korean's who get the hump when Son isn't selected.

I was more intrigued by happy clappers turning into "wingers". The solution to our transfer 'woes'?

Fcukin' television. What a racket.

Just learned that all Premier League games in Canada, for the next three seasons, will no longer be shown on the cable networks I subscribe to. TSN pioneered PL football telecasts in this country in the '90s and has been a great friend to the game at so many levels. Their rivals, Sportsnet, split each week's games with TSN and do a less-accomplished job, but we get to see most games from England live every week.

Now, news arrives that all PL games will be shown by that sketchy Russian-funded streaming service, DAZN. Not impressed in the least with what I've seen from CL games this year (yeah, they nicked that tournament away last year). Terrible commentators, witless and self-aggrandizing studio presenters and occasionally flakey feeds. All mine for $20 month.

Football television. Bloody hell.

Just learned that all Premier League games in Canada, for the next three seasons, will no longer be shown on the cable networks I subscribe to. TSN pioneered PL football telecasts in this country in the '90s and has been a great friend to the game at so many levels. Their rivals, Sportsnet, split each week's games with TSN and do a less-accomplished job, but we get to see most games from England live every week.

Now, news arrives that all PL games will be shown by that sketchy Russian-funded streaming service, DAZN. Not impressed in the least with what I've seen from CL games this year (yeah, they nicked that tournament away last year). Terrible commentators, witless and self-aggrandizing studio presenters and occasionally flakey feeds. All mine for $20 month.

That really sucks for you, sorry to hear that.

But I have to admit the bit in bold made me chuckle. I have images and Mounties riding through the snow on horseback, delivering the news door to door by an earth shattering telegram.:D

Here in Toronto, we rely on messages canoed through the frozen wildnerness by elite squadrons of Coureurs des Bois.

Canoe_Toronto-1200x800.jpg

Mmmm...my IPTV take note.

Time the Monopolies Commission, or whoever's remit it is these days looked at these exclusive broadcast rights deals. Anti-competitive, price-fixing crap that would surely be stamped on toute suite in other sectors.

Time the Monopolies Commission, or whoever's remit it is these days looked at these exclusive broadcast rights deals. Anti-competitive, price-fixing crap that would surely be stamped on toute suite in other sectors.

Word. There's no competition if only one channel is allowed to broadcast a game.

south of the border, no FA cup games on tv here, can only watch on espn+, only $5 a month now but its a slippery slope......

Back