• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football and TV

They need to do what the film industry is finally getting to grips with.

You need to be able to watch what you want, when you want it - on any device you have handy.

I would pay them well to have HD, compatible streaming of all Spurs matches wherever and whenever I want them.

They need to get away from the false notion that people won't go to games if they show games at 3.

They will -

They need to get away from the false notion that people won't go to games if they show games at 3.

They will -

People will turn up to the Premier League games. I believe the 3 PM television ban is there to protect the rest of the football pyramid. Why go see your local League 2 side when you can watch the best players in the world playing from the comfort of your armchair? One solution could be moving all Prem games away from the 3 PM spot for television purposes.

People will turn up to the Premier League games. I believe the 3 PM television ban is there to protect the rest of the football pyramid. Why go see your local League 2 side when you can watch the best players in the world playing from the comfort of your armchair? One solution could be moving all Prem games away from the 3 PM spot for television purposes.

Screw that, poxy sky make it hard enough for the traveling supporter as it is. As for your first question if you really support a club ( no matter what Lge you are in) why would any true supporter want to watch another team from their armchair?

Screw that, poxy sky make it hard enough for the traveling supporter as it is. As for your first question if you really support a club ( no matter what Lge you are in) why would any true supporter want to watch another team from their armchair?
I agree with this, if I support Leyton Orient I'm not going to not go just because a Liverpool v United is on

Next generation may not go to Southend when spurs are on the box. We have the deepest league structure in the world by far so it may be working

Unfortunately kids today want to be associated with "Big Teams" and unless one of their family drag them to their local club they end up with whoever Sky are bigging up. It's tragic to see so many United and Liverpool shirts around the south east.

Unfortunately kids today want to be associated with "Big Teams" and unless one of their family drag them to their local club they end up with whoever Sky are bigging up. It's tragic to see so many United and Liverpool shirts around the south east.
The argument is 3pm on TV would exaggerate that and speed up the process.

Not sure I agree but there might be something in it, we do have the deepest league structure globally, most other European leagues have 3 divisions at the most.

If, buts and maybes.
And your certain the 3pm blackout does not? The powers that be think it does. It's only if's because I don't pretend to know for sure, could have just said

We have the deepest league structure in the world because of this ruling... No if's and buts

And your certain the 3pm blackout does not? It's only if's because I don't pretend to know for sure, could have just said

We have the deepest league structure in the world because of this ruling... No if's and buts

You may be right, however i am of the believe that Sky are one of the main reasons the game stinks in todays game and nothing would please me more then to see them fade away.

And your certain the 3pm blackout does not? The powers that be think it does. It's only if's because I don't pretend to know for sure, could have just said

Isn't is a rule from the 1960s?

As a part time visitor of Crawley and Brighton when in the Championship and lower, can't say watching a PL game on TV (even Spurs in some cases) beats going to a game with mates.

It may just be me though!

Next generation may not go to Southend when spurs are on the box. We have the deepest league structure in the world by far so it may be working

Your kids might though and then never support orient

surely the onus is on southend and orient to attract new fans rather than rely on denial of alternatives

it’s obviously a challenge but they do have some advantages, they are local and can work with schools and youth teams to offer coaching

lower league clubs need to address their pricing too, it’s ridiculously expensive for what it is, div 2 sides are charging over £20 for a league game, which is about what I paid per ticket for the CL package

there’s probably too many pro clubs, the entire system may benefit from a wider and better organised amateur game

Sky are between a rock and a hard place.

It's the jewel in their subscription crown but it's really looking like they'll have to pay thru the nose at the next bidding round. (Worth a short on the share price imo).

And even if they secure them, subscriber drop off is a real challenge. ESPN have suffered massive fall off in the states.

As Scara says it's there music industry moment. People can get this stuff for neigh on free. It's a technological headache they're not winning.

I do fear for streamers/iptv, if Amazon or Google win the rights, if anyone has the tech know how to protect their product....it is them.

To be honest I would be happy to either see no live games on tv or just a highlight programme. The scheduling of games has mucked up my weekends for years. My stroll over the local park to watch a game, followed by a couple of pints before my Sunday dinner are a thing of the past, even a Saturday night out sometimes gets buggered. At least this Sunday I'm going to see the best game of the year, my first look at my grandson playing.

Back