• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Flight MH370

I'm not going to speculate about what happened because, 1) I have no ****ing clue, and 2) I have no ****ing clue. However, I am one who tends to adhere to Occam's Razor, rather than to conspiracy theory. As such, this article was interesting to me:

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

I like that it's a theory postulated by an actual "expert," and not one formulated by a sensationalist news outlet. Right or wrong, I also liked the assertiveness of the article. Discuss.

They've found large pieces of metal in the waters south west of Perth in Australia, apparently very likely that it's from Flight MH370.

If this is the plane, then my thoughts go out to the families of all involved, and hopefully now they can have some closure

Still think it was blown out the sky, they knew it was hijacked and IMO protocol now is to not let it reach land, in order to stop a mass hysteria regarding plane flight we currently are going through this situation. It would not surprise me one bit that they picked up pieces of the wreckage and placed them in an area they wouldn't bother searching properly, somewhere the weather is drawing in and its deeper than most places on the planet.. 10km.

As above condolences to the families.

They've found large pieces of metal in the waters south west of Perth in Australia, apparently very likely that it's from Flight MH370.

Said last night they found these objects on March 16th,and when the plane changed direction a week before they told the public.

When this is all over the Malaysian Government will be ripped to pieces on how they handled this,there is a sort of cover up and basically its the holes in their airline security system that will show up. When the plane changed direction another 9/11 could have happened because no millitary aircraft was sent to find out why the plane was coming back into land and where it was going.

Said last night they found these objects on March 16th,and when the plane changed direction a week before they told the public.

When this is all over the Malaysian Government will be ripped to pieces on how they handled this,there is a sort of cover up and basically its the holes in their airline security system that will show up. When the plane changed direction another 9/11 could have happened because no millitary aircraft was sent to find out why the plane was coming back into land and where it was going.

I really do think this is the basis for most of the mystery involved in the whole situation.

There are clearly problems with Malaysian airport security, ATC, radar coverage, etc. I suspect that the idea was to release as little information as possible so as not to show the true extent of how bad things are. After all, who will fly out of Malaysia now knowing that pretty much anyone could be on your flight and that nobody would be watching if things started to go wrong?

When this is all over the Malaysian Government will be ripped to pieces on how they handled this,there is a sort of cover up and basically its the holes in their airline security system that will show up.
When the plane changed direction another 9/11 could have happened because no millitary aircraft was sent to find out why the plane was coming back into land and where it was going.

Guy I work with travelled through KL last week, when he went through security, he had his laptop and mobile on him along with his belt, he beeped and all the 2 security peopl said was come on hurry up, no search needed

Scarily bad !!!

I agree with your second point, but the reasoning for the delay in time between capturing the photos and releasing them to the public is that there needs to be some analysis done on their images. I'm sure they have a computer going over it, but I'm also sure they have human eyes scanning all the imagery looking for large debris. Four days' worth of scouring the satellite images? I wouldn't know, but I know it at least takes some time to actually analyze the data.

Found some more debris but no confirmed sightings of it.

Absolutely crazy an airliner can just disappear for over 2 weeks. You'd think people like the US at least would have some serious equipment available for this sort of thing, mind you they probably don't want to reveal the extent of their tech to the rest of the world either.

Found some more debris but no confirmed sightings of it.

Absolutely crazy an airliner can just disappear for over 2 weeks. You'd think people like the US at least would have some serious equipment available for this sort of thing, mind you they probably don't want to reveal the extent of their tech to the rest of the world either.

Spot on. I think this is half the problem with the search. You have lots of competing regional powers... China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand etc.... non of whom want to confirm or deny exactly how effective and at what range their tracking systems work... hence the confusion and delay in releasing information on where the plane was last seen etc

more objects "spotted". when is somebody actually going to identify an object? i understand it is an extremely hard task searching a huge ocean but this is so frustrating

problem is it takes 4 days to identify and then get to where the object was when the satellite passed, which is pretty much the only place in a few hundred square miles it's guaranteed not to be

problem is it takes 4 days to identify and then get to where the object was when the satellite passed, which is pretty much the only place in a few hundred square miles it's guaranteed not to be

these new objects have been spotted by eye by the australian planes and have co ordinated their ship to the location

these new objects have been spotted by eye by the australian planes and have co ordinated their ship to the location

Looks like they have found the plane or parts of it.

Jonathan Samuels ✔ @jonathansamuels
Follow
Breaking: Emergency meeting called for relatives of #mh370 in Beijing. Malaysian PM to hold news conference shortly afterwards.
1:11 PM - 24 Mar 2014

Back