• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News

This stubhub thing is a fudging joke, might aswell make touting outside the ground legal and cut out the middle man (THFC and stubhub), I have used the ticket exchange system loads of times and it actually works very well, appreciate ST holders dont get full value back but surely it's only once or twice per season per ticket holder if that. Absolutely disgusted.

fudge the club on this.. I think there should be an exchange thread on here.

Every single decent ticket that goes on General sale will now be owned by a Ghost season ticket holder and will appear on Stubhub at inflated prices and a 15%. Sellers have to pay 12%, so I'd imagine the buyers will have to stump up at least 27% extra for tickets no doubt.

And the last bit.. lets wash our hands of this flimflam and place on the shoulders on season ticket holders

It is important to remember that neither the Club nor StubHub sets the prices on the site, nor lists tickets for sale themselves so the prices are determined by supply and demand. The Club does not benefit financially from sales on the site and StubHub only receives commission on tickets sold - there is no fee to list.
However, for particularly attractive matches it is possible that prices listed by Season Ticket Members will reflect the potential interest in this fixture. While we understand that some fans might be frustrated to find prices higher than they hoped, it is the Season Ticket Member's prerogative to list their seats at whatever price they choose. Ultimately though, it is up to the potential purchaser to determine if they are prepared to pay it.

Hands up who believes the club won't be holding back ghost season tickets to sell at 4 times the price

Can only agree with the anti-Stub Hub sentiment. Absolute joke.

Cat As that were £54 in the PL Upper will be at least £68.58 without any mark up.

It also makes Bronze membership a total farce. What ST in their right mind will give it up when they can sell the 5 Cat As at vastly inflated prices & see the other 14 games for free?

Thankfully i threw the towel in on Cat As last season as a (probably pointless) protest against the high prices so i wont be affected by this development next season.

The 1882 games are far more fun anyway & cost £3 or nothing.

From a selfish point of view - this is good for me as I dont get a chance to go to too many games - maybe 60% I attend. Like I say - from a selfish view point.

From an unselfish view point - it can be considered touting but I very much doubt people who have been on the waiting list WAY before this stub hub method was introduced were on the waiting list with the intention of 'touting' and 'selling' their tickets.

Hands up who believes the club won't be holding back ghost season tickets to sell at 4 times the price
I honestly don't think they'll do that.

I take Nutter's point, there's no need to give up a season ticket now really, even if circumstances mean you can never go again. I guess it all depends how much it gets used by individuals, if you've got someone who owns a ST but never goes and just sells all of them on there for a profit, then I can't see how Spurs can defend that. I'd imagine that's very unlikely, of course.

I don't get it. What would be the point in this?

If the club wanted to make the tickets more expensive, they would just increase the price of all tickets and people would continue to buy them.

Can only agree with the anti-Stub Hub sentiment. Absolute joke.

Cat As that were £54 in the PL Upper will be at least £68.58 without any mark up.

It also makes Bronze membership a total farce. What ST in their right mind will give it up when they can sell the 5 Cat As at vastly inflated prices & see the other 14 games for free?

Thankfully i threw the towel in on Cat As last season as a (probably pointless) protest against the high prices so i wont be affected by this development next season.

The 1882 games are far more fun anyway & cost £3 or nothing.

Precisely. This is likely to cause ST turnover to virtually stop.

Precisely. This is likely to cause ST turnover to virtually stop.

I emailed them & apart from the standard blurb everyone else has got they added (in response to my question)

We do not expect the new Stubhub exchange to affect the season ticket waiting list in anyway.

I emailed them & apart from the standard blurb everyone else has got they added (in response to my question)

We do not expect the new Stubhub exchange to affect the season ticket waiting list in anyway.

This form of Ticket selling is rife in America. A lot of guys have owned the season tickets at teams for decades and dont go, they just sell the tickets on Stubhub to make a large mark up on the face value of the ticket. It often leads to half empty stadiums as well as when they are not popular for sale the owner does not go and they go to waste.

I had the opportunity to rent a Season ticket last year of a guy. But he wanted all Cat A games and any Champions league games had we qualified. He basically wanted to cherry pick the best games and rent out the rest. I turned it down even though i was desperate for a season ticket as i hate being a member. I just think this kind of thing is going to get worse.

I don't get it. What would be the point in this?

If the club wanted to make the tickets more expensive, they would just increase the price of all tickets and people would continue to buy them.

If a game sells out then yes, the club could have charged more. How much more? 5%, 10%, 15%? Obviously it depends on the match.

If they hold back 5% of the tickets and sell them at 4 times face value after the game has sold out, that's equivalent to selling all of the tickets for a 15% higher price.

There could well be circumstances where holding back tickets for sale on the secondary market yielded more revenue than a general increase in ticket prices.

If a game sells out then yes, the club could have charged more. How much more? 5%, 10%, 15%? Obviously it depends on the match.

If they hold back 5% of the tickets and sell them at 4 times face value after the game has sold out, that's equivalent to selling all of the tickets for a 15% higher price.

There could well be circumstances where holding back tickets for sale on the secondary market yielded more revenue than a general increase in ticket prices.

If they hold back tickets they would be selling them on the site in contradiction to their own terms and conditions.

Tickets can only be sold on if the fixture has been sold out, if they are 'holding back' tickets the game will not be sold out so they can't sell them for more.

From a selfish point of view - this is good for me as I dont get a chance to go to too many games - maybe 60% I attend. Like I say - from a selfish view point.

From an unselfish view point - it can be considered touting but I very much doubt people who have been on the waiting list WAY before this stub hub method was introduced were on the waiting list with the intention of 'touting' and 'selling' their tickets.

It's not good for you at all, I wouldn't have thought.

You used to be able to buy unused season ticket seats at face value on the club's ticket exchange.

Those same tickets will now be on sale via stubhub. But they'll be going for considerably more than face value.

The only thing that will have changed (in the wrong direction, from your perspective) is the price.

If they hold back tickets they would be selling them on the site in contradiction to their own terms and conditions.

Tickets can only be sold on if the fixture has been sold out, if they are 'holding back' tickets the game will not be sold out so they can't sell them for more.

Please tell me how you will know the next two things.

1. The game is a proper sell out, would you know all 30,000 give or take Tottenham fans that go
2. Should the game be a proper sell out how do you know that say 500 tickets are not ghost season ticket holders, but tickets held back that normally would appear on the other members and eventually to general sale market. In those Q&As they say that around 200 for cag A tickets from season tickets go onto the exchange, and some 700 for other games.

Will be interesting if that stays true or would they be smart enough to factor in the 200 and 700 with the new line they can create by pulling tickets back for stubhub as its normally actually 50 and 300.

I will tell you unless you are privy to this information then you won't know. Pop concert organisers have been doing this for the past couple of years now. Take the 02 concerts and the A1 A2 and A3 sections. You got zero chance getting a ticket in general sale, because they always appear at 3 or 4 times the price on places like Getmein, not 2 or 3 tickets.. I am talking dozens of them.

Please tell me how you will know the next two things.

1. The game is a proper sell out, would you know all 30,000 give or take Tottenham fans that go
2. Should the game be a proper sell out how do you know that say 500 tickets are not ghost season ticket holders, but tickets held back that normally would appear on the other members and eventually to general sale market. In those Q&As they say that around 200 for cag A tickets from season tickets go onto the exchange, and some 700 for other games.

Will be interesting if that stays true or would they be smart enough to factor in the 200 and 700 with the new line they can create by pulling tickets back for stubhub as its normally actually 50 and 300.

I will tell you unless you are privy to this information then you won't know. Pop concert organisers have been doing this for the past couple of years now. Take the 02 concerts and the A1 A2 and A3 sections. You got zero chance getting a ticket in general sale, because they always appear at 3 or 4 times the price on places like Getmein, not 2 or 3 tickets.. I am talking dozens of them.

I would assume that the club wouldn't be stupid enough to do it, as when it got out, and these things always do, it would be a PR nightmare.

6. How much can I list my Season Ticket seat for?
Season Ticket Members can set the price for their seat for any home fixtures that they cannot attend, once all tickets for the fixture have been sold via primary Club channels. The price will largely be determined by demand for the fixture but it is ultimately the decision of the Season Ticket Member. The new deal is groundbreaking as there are no restrictions on prices.

lol groundbreaking.

Who would ever give up their season ticket now, there is no limit on no of tickets that can be sold per season either so you could just sell every game of it and probably make double your money back over a season.

15. What are the benefits for non-Season Ticket Members?
Non Season Ticket Members now have the opportunity to purchase Season Ticket Members seats, which are the best seats in the ground, on a match by match basis.
This partnership will also mean that tickets may be available for high profile games to fans who may not usually have the opportunity to purchase them.
There may also be the opportunity to buy tickets at lower than face value for certain fixtures.

WE COULD ALREADY DO THIS!! Only now we will have to pay a lot more money for the privilege. 15% fee, for doing EXACTLY what was done before. This is insane, utterly insane. What are the club thinking?

Man I feel for all you game by game fans. tinkles me off that people are getting fleeced.

BTW Ben I doubt its only going to be 15%, there is no way that the buyer will not be paying the 12% of the sellers price too. IMO all tickets for people purchasing this way will have to pay 27% on the face value.

Say the average ticket price is £50.. that is an extra £13.50

Say there are on average 700 tickets like the club suggests that is around 10k a game Stubhub makes if its cost price of ticket at £50. Say we have 20 home games. That makes up to £189k extra Tottenham fans are out of pocket to support OUR club to see OUR team. Make no bones about it.. I'd imagine that Stubhub are probably paying for the privilege to the club to fleece the fans.

Say a ticket is £200.. stubhub will get over £50

Last edited:
Back