• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2017/18

I'm talking about a junior membership being hiked up from £10 to £25 and with no noticeable changes to the membership either

That sort of rise is unjustified really

Would love to know how many children members there was and how many there will be after the price hike

I'm talking about a junior membership being hiked up from £10 to £25 and with no noticeable changes to the membership either

That sort of rise is unjustified really

Would love to know how many children members there was and how many there will be after the price hike

Indeed. I think we all realise prices have to increase, but 150% is a tad excessive

It was always going to be so.....
Its damned if you dont and damned if you do.
They say they could not maker the old ground pay long term and the new ground is too expensive for many older guard.
The answer may have been a 45k new stadium on a less grandue scale?

Yeah, let's get it from the junior membership, little fudgers are rolling in it!

Well in that case i guess the parent will have a choice to make, buy their kids a membership and spend a extra 15 pound or keep the 15 pound and buy a couple of extra pints a year. EVERYTHING goes up in life and its down to the individual what they spend on things, no one holds a gun to your head.

Just to be clear its not directed at anyone on here but in general there are ALWAYS moans about ticket prices etc, you touch yourself or not.

It was always going to be so.....
Its damned if you dont and damned if you do.
They say they could not maker the old ground pay long term and the new ground is too expensive for many older guard.
The answer may have been a 45k new stadium on a less grandue scale?

I always hoped we could have done a St James' Park and put a 3rd tier on the North Stand and the East Stand and gone for something in the region of 50k

I think we every right to raise our voice if we feel being taken for a ride,£25 for a child membership,ridiculous.....with the old argument you pay or money or not....yeah yeah i can see Levy saying that to his marketing dept if someone says to him if the price rise is justified,at the minute he's dangling a carrot in front of us with the new stadium and i presume next season if we finish 6th he'll freeze season ticket prices and throw in a couple of europa games in the mix as a little jesture then.We pay the most expensive prices in the league,haven't won a trophy in 10 years,or just three trophies in 27 years.... long standing Spurs fans on here are entitled to have a pop at the club now and then,and to have a get out clause and say you dont have to pay it,is crap basically,a cheap argument.Everyone here is a Spurs fan 100%,we can't just walk away and say im not a fan anymore and say I'm going to pop down to S. London and turn up at Craven Cottage and be a happy clapper...... we are stuck here and we're not going anywhere.

I think we every right to raise our voice if we feel being taken for a ride,£25 for a child membership,ridiculous.....with the old argument you pay or money or not....yeah yeah i can see Levy saying that to his marketing dept if someone says to him if the price rise is justified,at the minute he's dangling a carrot in front of us with the new stadium and i presume next season if we finish 6th he'll freeze season ticket prices and throw in a couple of europa games in the mix as a little jesture then.We pay the most expensive prices in the league,haven't won a trophy in 10 years,or just three trophies in 27 years.... long standing Spurs fans on here are entitled to have a pop at the club now and then,and to have a get out clause and say you dont have to pay it,is crap basically,a cheap argument.Everyone here is a Spurs fan 400%,we can't just walk away and say im not a fan anymore and say I'm going to pop down to S. London and turn up at Craven Cottage and be a happy clapper...... we are stuck here and we're not going anywhere.

Couldn't agree more. It is unfortunate that I notice on here a little bit of the idea of 'I'm alright Jack'. Making comments continually about you pay if you want if you can't afford it then its not mandatory to pay it are not helpful. For some people going to the game is their only outlet socially and possibly the only real element of escapism during their week and to start charging people prices that would be commensurate with a side laden with trophies is a bit of a liberty.

All these people agreeing with that view seem perfectly happy with the chairman giving himself a massive increase at the same time and won't question why with higher prices we won't sign a higher calibre of player or pay higher wages and won't be that bothered if we continually fall short on trophies and our players leave to go in search of winning them and higher wages. Proper utopia where no one can question or call out the powers that be because they have done so much for us. I just don't understand that attitude, its like being a sheep.

The chairman has done a good job on many aspects but if you are charging what you are going to charge and giving yourself a big pay rise into the bargain then we have a right to expect that a lot of that goes back into the team whether it be pay wise or recruitment wise and people making that point shouldn't be shouted down. Just because he is delivering a new stadium doesn't mean he is without fault and above criticism and the way he is treating members is another example of having a liberty and those who are in more privileged positions of being ST holders and/or with vast disposable income would do well to actually think of and remember their fellow fans and support their access to watching OUR team.

I think we every right to raise our voice if we feel being taken for a ride,£25 for a child membership,ridiculous.....with the old argument you pay or money or not....yeah yeah i can see Levy saying that to his marketing dept if someone says to him if the price rise is justified,at the minute he's dangling a carrot in front of us with the new stadium and i presume next season if we finish 6th he'll freeze season ticket prices and throw in a couple of europa games in the mix as a little jesture then.We pay the most expensive prices in the league,haven't won a trophy in 10 years,or just three trophies in 27 years.... long standing Spurs fans on here are entitled to have a pop at the club now and then,and to have a get out clause and say you dont have to pay it,is crap basically,a cheap argument.Everyone here is a Spurs fan 400%,we can't just walk away and say im not a fan anymore and say I'm going to pop down to S. London and turn up at Craven Cottage and be a happy clapper...... we are stuck here and we're not going anywhere.

I don't personally think £25 for a child membership is outrageous. It's the fact that's it's increased by such a large percentage that's ridiculous

Well in that case i guess the parent will have a choice to make, buy their kids a membership and spend a extra 15 pound or keep the 15 pound and buy a couple of extra pints a year. EVERYTHING goes up in life and its down to the individual what they spend on things, no one holds a gun to your head.

Just to be clear its not directed at anyone on here but in general there are ALWAYS moans about ticket prices etc, you touch yourself or not.

Sorry PL, you talk a lot of sense sometimes, but this constant trotting out of the same cliches all the time is starting to get on my (*)(*).

The people that are complaining about the increase in ticket prices aren't doing it because it impinges on their Michelin starred dining, their ability to stand a round of Cristal or even a night out on the "Wife Beater". They're speaking up because it A. Means that they may well have to make genuine sacrifices and/or B. Give up a genuine passion in life, leaving them with a sense of disenfranchisement, when the very thing they've always been a part of decides they're disposable.

To say "you touch yourself or not" is disingenuous at best and smacks of smugness at worst. If you're in a position that you're able to make that choice, then I'm pleased for you but don't look down on those that aren't or suggest that they're bleating about having to give up on fripperies. The investment of a grand or more in a season ticket, before you even start to add on travel costs etc, means that genuinely hard decisions have to be made and for some becomes unjustifiable when taken as a percentage of their income and expenditure.

You're of a similar age to me and I think we should pulling out stops to encourage new generations of supporters, not pulling up the trap door behind us because we can. If we do we're in grave danger of being a bit lonely and/or being surrounded by holidaymakers/people on corporate jollies.

So is the ticket exchange going to be members-only next year? The One Hotspur bumph suggests so, but isn't completely explicit.

General sale and the exchange worked well for me this year. I don't mind paying £43 if I have to, but I do resent having to pay for the pile of crap in the members pack. And they've outdone themselves this time round: a commemorative tin, a spurs branded house key, a badge, a double sided coin depicting the old and new stadium, a card wallet and a plastic bag. Every single thing in that list is neither desirable enough to keep or worthless enough to throw away; it's a horrible collection of things that would take up space in a drawer to no good purpose. And I bet they still send out the embarrassing birthday card that sits there on its own with the joint card from the wife and kids, a depressing reminder of one's lack of real friends - it was this, I think, which eventually drove me to general sale after a decade of membership.

Why can't I pay £40 for priority ticket access and the exchange, without the tat?

a spurs branded house key
I thought you were joking...

a depressing reminder of one's lack of real friends
Glad it's not just me.

I'd be happy* to pay the same price for just the membership and no tat. There's no way that lot'll get through the letterbox so I'll probably have to go and collect it from the depot.

* - As happy as you can ever be when the club are monetarily impinging on my ability to practice my many, expensive vices.

Sorry PL, you talk a lot of sense sometimes, but this constant trotting out of the same cliches all the time is starting to get on my (*)(*).

The people that are complaining about the increase in ticket prices aren't doing it because it impinges on their Michelin starred dining, their ability to stand a round of Cristal or even a night out on the "Wife Beater". They're speaking up because it A. Means that they may well have to make genuine sacrifices and/or B. Give up a genuine passion in life, leaving them with a sense of disenfranchisement, when the very thing they've always been a part of decides they're disposable.

To say "you touch yourself or not" is disingenuous at best and smacks of smugness at worst. If you're in a position that you're able to make that choice, then I'm pleased for you but don't look down on those that aren't or suggest that they're bleating about having to give up on fripperies. The investment of a grand or more in a season ticket, before you even start to add on travel costs etc, means that genuinely hard decisions have to be made and for some becomes unjustifiable when taken as a percentage of their income and expenditure.

You're of a similar age to me and I think we should pulling out stops to encourage new generations of supporters, not pulling up the trap door behind us because we can. If we do we're in grave danger of being a bit lonely and/or being surrounded by holidaymakers/people on corporate jollies.

Glad I'm not the only one. Its highly irritating and its the sort of view that saw fans harassed and harangued for protesting during the City game by numpties around them who were annoyed because it happened to coincide with the opening goal for them. Sorry, like that even matters when your fellow fans are trying to protest about everyone being squeezed further and further. Quite frankly, Its at times like that that I would be happy to see people digging out those with genuine grievances get a slap for their trouble. Absolute disgrace that people are happy to see fans removed from the ground for protesting against their precious chairman's plan to ramp up prices to the most expensive in the world.............its embarrassing.

So is the ticket exchange going to be members-only next year? The One Hotspur bumph suggests so, but isn't completely explicit.

General sale and the exchange worked well for me this year. I don't mind paying £43 if I have to, but I do resent having to pay for the pile of crap in the members pack. And they've outdone themselves this time round: a commemorative tin, a spurs branded house key, a badge, a double sided coin depicting the old and new stadium, a card wallet and a plastic bag. Every single thing in that list is neither desirable enough to keep or worthless enough to throw away; it's a horrible collection of things that would take up space in a drawer to no good purpose. And I bet they still send out the embarrassing birthday card that sits there on its own with the joint card from the wife and kids, a depressing reminder of one's lack of real friends - it was this, I think, which eventually drove me to general sale after a decade of membership.

Why can't I pay £40 for priority ticket access and the exchange, without the tat?

HAHAHA

Thought I might have written this last night without remembering.

At our old house in Chichester I used to get a birthday card from the local indian(curry house) not sure how they knew it was my Birthday, them and the joint one from the wife and son, not even one from my sister and brother in law despite the fact the wife sends them one signed from all of us. I really do not like my extended family.

Pay up or shut up is what it seems to boil down to - which is an appalling position to take against your fellow fan

Correct. Absolutely disgraceful. These people taking that view won't be happy till the new ground is sanitised and full of daytrippers like the place up the road and Stamford Bridge. Then the full effect will come home to roost and our ground will be nothing more than an entertainment centre devoid of any true feeling or connection with the club save for the percentage that will blindly agree with and pay whatever the regime decides it wants to charge.

They are certainly some " PRECIOUS" people around today, i am going to say one thing and then leave it for others to cry about how cruel the world is. :rolleyes:

They are a lot of things that i can not afford to do /buy, but i have never seen the point in bitching about things ( that i can not afford) when/if they rise in price. I ( like most folks) have a budget to live to and because of that i prioritise what i spend that money on, what i do not do is bitch about the things i can not afford so despite what ANY one says it is " you touch yourself or take our choice".

But all those who feel like they are being victimised " go for it".

Back