• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2016/17

Cat A for the last two home games. The stubhub clams will have a field day.

Personally, I am very happy with that, both will be going to Loyalty Points then.

Note to Sky: please do not pick either of these matches for either Friday or Monday night football...

Oof. Ignoring the possibility of teams growing or diminishing in terms of the threat they'll pose to us (which will likely happen as the summer progresses and signings are made), judging by last season's form, November, January and the final stretch of the season look like troublesome periods in terms of the opponents we'll be facing. Overall, though, these fixtures just remind me more vividly that there are going to be a *lot* of good sides in the league next year - honestly, except for brief interludes like Bournemouth and Palace, I didn't get much in the way of encouragement when looking at our fixtures, since almost none of the teams we'll be up against look like a guaranteed three points for us, never mind six.

First round, last round, boxing day - all away. Arse and Chelski - all games at home.

Thought these things were supposed to even themselves out.

We'll presumably have asked to be away on our first and last games as it would help us with timing for building purposes.

Everton first match, quel surprise, we get to be a new managers first game in charge...that doesnt happen often!!!!

Simon Stone ‏@sistoney67 5m5 minutes ago
Interesting that @LCFC have six home matches immediately after Champions League games. Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project four each. Spurs 2.

Might this have been another special request? To allow, as often as possible, more time for building work to get back on track after a midweek CL game? Obviously can't guarantee which legs will be home v away, but limiting it to 2 home PL games means we will not have too many mid-week-weekend games back to back at WHL.

Cat A for the last two home games. The stubhub clams will have a field day.

Indeed. Will be interesting to see how much Stubhub activity there is for those games. I have decided that for every match where I am unsuccessful in the ballot I will put that money to one side in the hope of being able to get a Stubhub ticket for a Cat A game. Much as it pains me to hand over money to the greedy b*stards.

Also, just taking another look at the fixtures, it means the last home game for those who need to rely on the ballot will be April 15. It will be an early goodbye to the Lane. In fact every ballot-game will have to be treated as a final farewell as there's no guarantee future attempts will be successful. This is making me feel very sad.

Might this have been another special request? To allow, as often as possible, more time for building work to get back on track after a midweek CL game? Obviously can't guarantee which legs will be home v away, but limiting it to 2 home PL games means we will not have too many mid-week-weekend games back to back at WHL.

Unlikely, considering we play our CL games at Wembley. ;)

You play everyone twice. Look at our final 4 fixtures last season; WBA home, Chelscum away, Soton home, Saudi Sportswashing Machine away. At least 3 of those on paper were winnable games, WBA should have been a banker but we still fecked it up big style. It might actually help retain focus having a difficult run in.

I would imagine we have asked for an away start and finish this season but over the period of the PL era we have had some very unfavourable patterns and it should be rectified over the next 2-3 seasons in the interests of fairness.

We have been at home only 7 times to start the season since 1992/93 and have actually had 8 campaigns whereby we have started and ended the season with away fixtures. We should certainly be starting the next 2-3 seasons at home and in at least 1 of those we should start and finish at home if they are looking to balance it out. I am not sure they do but I think they should look at patterns and consecutive seasons of certain fixtures when giving out those important dates at beginning and end of the season.

Back