• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

First team after the window.

nattenskonge

Drama queen
I realy think its hard, we have so many midfielders that I cant see us holding em happy.

If Halilovic is so good as they say that he can go in the team when he comes then maybe the team is like

--------------------------Lioris------------------------
Walker------------Kaboul-------Daws---------Vert--
--------------------Sandro----Paulinho-----------------
-----Halilovic------------Villa----------------Bale
----------------------------Defoe-------------------

I realy think its hard, we have so many midfielders that I cant see us holding em happy.

If Halilovic is so good as they say that he can go in the team when he comes then maybe the team is like

Who is saying that?

Most of the reports seem to be saying that he won't be joining us until next summer...

Midfielders
Steven Caulker33
Danny Rose3
Tom Huddlestone6
Aaron Lennon7
Scott Parker8
Gareth Bale11
Mousa Dembélé19
Gylfi Sigurdsson22
Lewis Holtby23
Jake Livermore29
Sandro30
Andros Townsend31
Thomas Carroll

who is out?

........................Lloris

Walker.....Dawson....Vertonghen....Coentrao

................Sandro...Dembele

......................Paulinho

...........Bale......Damiao.....Villa

Last edited by a moderator:

I feel pretty confident in saying it wont look anything like what you have above unless we are playing Stoke ....why have you put Vertonghen at left back when hes our best centre back and has said he doesnt want to play left back? Also we arent going to to even have Halilovic for approx a year, let alone start a 17 year old ahead of Dembele.

I suspect the team will be:
Lloris
Walker
Vertongen
Kaboul
Rose
Sandro
Paulinho
Dembele
Bale
Villa
Dempsey

Midfielders
Steven Caulker33
Danny Rose3
Tom Huddlestone6
Aaron Lennon7
Scott Parker8
Gareth Bale11
Mousa Dembélé19
Gylfi Sigurdsson22
Lewis Holtby23
Jake Livermore29
Sandro30
Andros Townsend31
Thomas Carroll

who is out?

Since when was Steven Caulker a midfielder?

Midfielders
Steven Caulker33
Danny Rose3
Tom Huddlestone6
Aaron Lennon7
Scott Parker8
Gareth Bale11
Mousa Dembélé19
Gylfi Sigurdsson22
Lewis Holtby23
Jake Livermore29
Sandro30
Andros Townsend31
Thomas Carroll

who is out?

Well, Caulker is a centre back and Rose is a left back.

I think we can sell Parker, Hudd and Livermore personally (or possibly send one of them out on a loan) if we bring in Paulinho.

Sandro, Paulinho, Dembele, Holtby, Carroll and Sig as the options for the central roles (either deep two in 4-2-3-1 or central three in 4-3-3)

Lennon, Bale, Sig, Dempsey, Townsend, Dembele and Holtby as the options for the more attacking roles (attacking 3 in 4-2-3-1 or wide forwards in 4-3-3)

first team squad for next season :

Lloris, Gomes, Friedel

Ekotto, Rose
Walker, Naughton
Vertongen, Caulker
Kaboul, Dawson

Sandro, Holtby
Dembele, Sigurdsson
Paulhino, Carroll

Bale, Lennon
New, Townsend
Villa, Adebayor

new young DM cover and also possibly keeping hold of Defoe or young replacement forward to make up the 25 man squad.

Parker, Huddelstone, Livermore to be sold, potentially Dempsey as well depending on how we strengthen the forward positions

think with the possible arrival of Paulhino making two Brazilian members of the squad i have a sneaking suspicion that AvB will keep Gomes around as a more suitable option to cover Lloris (in terms of playing style) alongside Friedel - just a hunch

first team squad for next season :

Lloris, Gomes, Friedel

Ekotto, Rose
Walker, Naughton
Vertongen, Caulker
Kaboul, Dawson

Sandro, Holtby
Dembele, Sigurdsson
Paulhino, Carroll

Bale, Lennon
New, Townsend
Villa, Adebayor

new young DM cover and also possibly keeping hold of Defoe or young replacement forward to make up the 25 man squad.

Parker, Huddelstone, Livermore to be sold, potentially Dempsey as well depending on how we strengthen the forward positions

think with the possible arrival of Paulhino making two Brazilian members of the squad i have a sneaking suspicion that AvB will keep Gomes around as a more suitable option to cover Lloris (in terms of playing style) alongside Friedel - just a hunch

Pretty much this except i think BAE will sadly depart and Gomes will be shipped out too.

If all this happens our subs bench will be:

Friedel, Ekotto, Dawson, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Lennon and Ade

Naughton, Caulker and Townsend won't even make the 16...those 3 would be starting at midtable teams ffs.

think the three you mention there will find themselves rotated on to the bench quite a bit depending on who we play - playing a Stoke or West Ham type route one merchants and we'll see Daws on the bench, but teams where we can play the ball out from the back and id expect to see Caulker there - with a similar type of deal with the others.

i think the squad we could potentially have next season is quite exciting in terms of options - we should be able to cover all the bases for who we are up against each week and also plan ahead for cup games and resting/rotating players.

If all this happens our subs bench will be:

Friedel, Ekotto, Dawson, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Lennon and Ade

Naughton, Caulker and Townsend won't even make the 16...those 3 would be starting at midtable teams ffs.

It looks like a strong bench, but how often during a season do teams have no injuries? I think we'd need a third striker and another midfielder, even if it's Livermore/Carroll to bench sit in case of injury.

It looks like a strong bench, but how often during a season do teams have no injuries? I think we'd need a third striker and another midfielder, even if it's Livermore/Carroll to bench sit in case of injury.

another midfielder? Sig, Holtby and Carroll isn't enough to cover the central roles?

another midfielder? Sig, Holtby and Carroll isn't enough to cover the central roles?

would like a more defensive option for a more natural replacement for Sandro should he get injured/fatigued, but i think it'd be tough to find someone to be that much of a bit part player unless we go really young.

do you think should Sandro get ruled out for another prolonged period that Dembele/Paulhino could cover the defensive side of things between them?

I said Livermore/Carroll would work as the extra one, so yes, they would be enough to cover the central roles.

It depends what the club think the best course of action is. On the one hand we might need Carroll as cover with us, however his progression would be far better served via first team football at one of the lower premiership sides.

would like a more defensive option for a more natural replacement for Sandro should he get injured/fatigued, but i think it'd be tough to find someone to be that much of a bit part player unless we go really young.

do you think should Sandro get ruled out for another prolonged period that Dembele/Paulhino could cover the defensive side of things between them?

Personally I think even a midfield trio of Dembele, Holtby and Carroll would be fine defensively, at least against anyone apart from the very top teams in the league.

Add just one of Sandro or Paulinho in there and we should be able to cope with just about anyone, meaning that a single injury won't weaken us anywhere near as much as it did last season.

_____________Lloris_____________

Walker___Kaboul____Verts_____BAE

Lennon___Parker___Dembele___Bale

_________Defoe_____Ade________

We'll end up being screwed over in the window and start with who we finished with last season.

I've been a Spurs fan for too long, but I love all your optimism keep it going.

_____________Lloris_____________

Walker___Kaboul____Verts_____BAE

Lennon___Parker___Dembele___Bale

_________Defoe_____Ade________

We'll end up being screwed over in the window and start with who we finished with last season.

I've been a Spurs fan for too long, but I love all your optimism keep it going.

at least you're optimistic we'll be keeping hold of Bale ;)

Mate, Halilovic is nowhere near being ready for the first team. He needs to build up his physique for a start and then you can add another few months to adapt to the English league.

Back