• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Results

Where would you draw the line? Clubs sell merchandise - clothes, is that allowed? How about drinks and food? What about selling off land if they move? I could see some of the oiled clubs buying up businesses to allow them to get around FFP.

It’s what I am asking. I did specifically ask for answers.

Can anyone explain to me very quickly how and why revenues from live Events,hotel and residential developments are allowed to be reinvested in the football business (ffp).

Why wouldn't it be? It's no different from income earned from the sale of football shirts. It is exactly what FFP is meant to promote, sustainable growth. Frankly, every club should be forced to follow our model.

And knowing DL he will want some kind of statment. Won't be a travel lodge. Topfloor panoramic bar etc.

Btw what is the issue with the stadium sky lounge/bar thing?

It's just a shame momentum held up the revamping of the area. Why would you want more affordable housing in tottenham. 75% of households are on some sort of benefits. You want richpeople that pay council tax in. So the council can use the money to further help the area. Crossrail 2 being shelved is a kicker too.

Can anyone explain to me very quickly how and why revenues from live Events,hotel and residential developments are allowed to be reinvested in the football business (ffp).

It's directly linked to the football club. Both geographically and from a business point of view.

Residential developments i think have to be within a certain distance although might be wrong. Long time ago since i read an article that mentioned it.

Ffp is being replaced anyway so all moot.

It’s what I am asking. I did specifically ask for answers.

The answer is it is difficult to draw a line. You couldn't take out any property sales for example: how would a club ever move to a new stadium? Entertainment (concerts boxing etc) and hotels have been core parts of football clubs' business for a long time. But look these are relatively small revenue streams compared to the hundreds of millions invested into playing staff by elite clubs.

I suppose if Spurs launched a chain of hotels up and down the country, things would be different. But a hotel next to the ground is fair business. As for the details of the rules, I suspect they reflect a similar logic.

It's just a shame momentum held up the revamping of the area. Why would you want more affordable housing in tottenham. 75% of households are on some sort of benefits. You want richpeople that pay council tax in. So the council can use the money to further help the area. Crossrail 2 being shelved is a kicker too.

What we should also want is to improve the quality of housing for people who live in the area. It is right that affordable housing and s106 were included in the planning permission, it is helping to improve the area.

What we should also want is to improve the quality of housing for people who live in the area. It is right that affordable housing and s106 were included in the planning permission, it is helping to improve the area.

Then momentum blocked that deal and went back to the drawing board. And it was shelved. Now they've gone new plans are being done. Years wasted.

The answer is it is difficult to draw a line. You couldn't take out any property sales for example: how would a club ever move to a new stadium? Entertainment (concerts boxing etc) and hotels have been core parts of football clubs' business for a long time. But look these are relatively small revenue streams compared to the hundreds of millions invested into playing staff by elite clubs.

I suppose if Spurs launched a chain of hotels up and down the country, things would be different. But a hotel next to the ground is fair business. As for the details of the rules, I suspect they reflect a similar logic.

Agreed, otherwise taking a daft example, say Apple bought a football team but structured the company such that the team owned Apple. Could all Apple's revenues/profits be included for FFP purposes?

I'm sure there is a line, but its bound to be somewhat blurry

There's a strange subset of spurs supporters online who have been pushing a 'the club don't own the stadium and none of the profits from it can/will be reinvested in the club' agenda the last couple of years all based off an innocuous comment when someone from the club was talking about the NFL - i wonder if now that the accounts are released whether it shows this to be nonsense?

There's a strange subset of spurs supporters online who have been pushing a 'the club don't own the stadium and none of the profits from it can/will be reinvested in the club' agenda the last couple of years all based off an innocuous comment when someone from the club was talking about the NFL - i wonder if now that the accounts are released whether it shows this to be nonsense?

They will move onto another angle. Before that it was they never planned to build the stadium, just wanted the planning permission and sell up.

They were probably the same ones who insisted that Sissoko was on a weird five-year lease like an executive saloon, and we could hand back the keys whenever we wanted. No arguing with people who have an instinct for the wrong end of the stick.

my question is very specifically about ffp. Can we fudging well utilise the income from these streams or not ffs.

If you don’t fudging know don’t say anything. I know we get money from shirts, I know we are redeveloping the area. Jesus wept.

As Daniel references this on a Spurs accounting platform I think it must come into the club. I’ve often seen it presumed, but never discussed. Levy also wears an enic hat, so it’s perfectly reasonable to clarify that the money goes through the club to enic, without bypassing the club.

And I don’t know if having hotels is normal or not, but apparently we have a different model, so who fudging knows.

It’s all too fund the yachts don’t ya know

They're in it to make a profit. They're businessmen. I've got no problem with that. As long as it's a long term well thought out strategy that doesn't leave us fudged in the end and grows us as a club. Obviously want more success on the pitch though.

What i want though is proper financial fair play regulations. That stops oil nstions and degenerate gamblers screwing the whole sport up just to suit their egos.

They're in it to make a profit. They're businessmen. I've got no problem with that. As long as it's a long term well thought out strategy that doesn't leave us fudged in the end and grows us as a club. Obviously want more success on the pitch though.

What i want though is proper financial fair play regulations. That stops oil nstions and degenerate gamblers screwing the whole sport up just to suit their egos.
No their in it to buy a bigger boat
It’s a fact
Just go on Twitter
It’s true

my question is very specifically about ffp. Can we fudging well utilise the income from these streams or not ffs.

If you don’t fudging know don’t say anything. I know we get money from shirts, I know we are redeveloping the area. Jesus wept.

As Daniel references this on a Spurs accounting platform I think it must come into the club. I’ve often seen it presumed, but never discussed. Levy also wears an enic hat, so it’s perfectly reasonable to clarify that the money goes through the club to enic, without bypassing the club.

And I don’t know if having hotels is normal or not, but apparently we have a different model, so who fudging knows.

I wasn't talking to or about you so maybe ease up a bit eh?

I assume the £400m spent on players since the stadium opened includes some complex amortisation and wages calculation for players from several years before on long deals.
I also assume we will see Levy, Paratici, Ndombele and Doherty taking turns on reception at the new hotel, to cut costs and ensure it is seen as a footballing investment.

Back