• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Results

Could be wrong but pretty sure Swiss Ramble has bent over backwards to be fair to us in his most recent reports.

Unless you can show me otherwise?
He always compares us to arsenal
And he hasn’t factored in the new ground impact right
He also got the last figures badly wrong
He does a cracking job generally but has a bias against us due to his arsenal allegiance

He always compares us to arsenal
And he hasn’t factored in the new ground impact right
He also got the last figures badly wrong
He does a cracking job generally but has a bias against us due to his arsenal allegiance
Of course he compares us to Arse, I'd be surprised if he didn't. We happen to be their nearest rivals both geographically and financially so it's really no more than you would expect. He compares all top six clubs to their nearest rivals all the time.

He's doing a decent job suppressing any bias despite what you say.

Respect!

Of course he compares us to Arse, I'd be surprised if he didn't. We happen to be their nearest rivals both geographically and financially so it's really no more than you would expect. He compares all top six clubs to their nearest rivals all the time.

He's doing a decent job suppressing any bias despite what you say.

Respect!
I guess my issue is he so now deemed to be an expert but that brings with it an expectation around neutrality and competency

I guess my issue is he so now deemed to be an expert but that brings with it an expectation around neutrality and competency
The key is to look at it the numbers and charts and not pay too much attention to the subjective commentary. Ignoring any goon bias I’ve always found the charts he shares showed how much we were punching above our weight economically. I’m sure there was a time when our wage bill could have had Everton’s added to it before we reached Goons the next highest club and West Ham’s before we’d get close to city levels. This is where i think the difference is for this season, we can finance a pool of players to rotate where as before we either had the same first x1 or or were weakened by subs / injuries.

Tv money increased only due to the previous season falling into the same tax year with the season being delayed.

I found the chairman message at the bottom quite interesting:

"
On the Pitch
It is far from ideal to make changes to coaching staff, however, we have acted swiftly and decisively when we felt it necessary, always looking to act in the best interests of the Club.

We extend a warm welcome to Fabio Paratici, Managing Director, Football, and our new Head Coach, Antonio Conte, along with his coaching staff. We are also delighted to see Ryan Mason join this group.

The appointments of Fabio and Antonio are a clear demonstration of our intent and ambition.

Since opening the stadium in April, 2019, we have spent almost £400m on players. Player spending is no guarantee of success, and our focus must be on improved recruitment, coaching, fitness and a competitive mindset.

Fabio continued the rebuild in the summer, resulting in the average age of our new summer signings being 22 years compared to the average age of 31 years for the outgoing players. We shall also look to continue the well-established path for youngsters from our Academy to our First Team. I know that Antonio’s approach is if a player is good enough, he will play, regardless of status or age.

Double whammy of a hit with no gate receipts and a downgrade in European competition.
Assuming this winter goes ok will be interesting to see in a years time the revenues from a full season in the ground.

Double whammy of a hit with no gate receipts and a downgrade in European competition.
Assuming this winter goes ok will be interesting to see in a years time the revenues from a full season in the ground.

Also paying off mourinho. No other events (nfl, boxing, rugby). Shop sales.

Be interesting to see the breakdown.

Next financial year (22/23) will be the first that we have where we have full use of the stadium (fingers crossed). We had no events there this financial year until the autumn. We are two years away from seeing a set of accounts where we can see the full benefit of the stadium.

Next financial year (22/23) will be the first that we have where we have full use of the stadium (fingers crossed). We had no events there this financial year until the autumn. We are two years away from seeing a set of accounts where we can see the full benefit of the stadium.
NFL games were a month ago

With a financial year running Jul-June I think 21/22 will be the first set of complete accounts won’t it? July 2021-June 2022 which will be released around this time next year.

Looks to me to be sensible planning to dump losses into a bad period
Surprised we haven’t changed the financial years again TBH
Key now is as said previous… full stadium and events. It’s cash flow and money coming in weekly that matters

With a financial year running Jul-June I think 21/22 will be the first set of complete accounts won’t it? July 2021-June 2022 which will be released around this time next year.

There weren't any concerts at the stadium this summer. This year's results will be closer but still short of what we should see with a full programme of events at the stadium.

There weren't any concerts at the stadium this summer. This year's results will be closer but still short of what we should see with a full programme of events at the stadium.

Fair point looks like the next gig/concert isn’t till 1st July.
However in this current year we’ve had 2 x NFL games and the boxing. Also due are Saracens - Bristol Rugby Union and the Rugby League Challenge Cup final in May.
Think the only non Spurs events we had in 19/20 were the two NFL games. So looks like at least 3 more events than that year.

Fair point looks like the next gig/concert isn’t till 1st July.
However in this current year we’ve had 2 x NFL games and the boxing. Also due are Saracens - Bristol Rugby Union and the Rugby League Challenge Cup final in May.
Think the only non Spurs events we had in 19/20 were the two NFL games. So looks like at least 3 more events than that year.

It was always going to take a while for events to ramp up. Covid has slowed that down a fair bit.

Back