• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Results

I think he might take a bit of a gamble on that front but not to the point that he'd risk our long term future. I'd be beyond shocked if Levy turned into another Peter Ridsdale.

It could be seen as more of a risk to not invest in the team now (summer window jist gone) only to miss out on more money later

Yeah I signed up for the £1 a month for 6 months promotion. It's a fantastic site with some great articles. The ones about rSol, Arshavin and Venkys lately have been top notch. And I think it's important organisations and journalists like that are supported instead of some of the other rags out there but not sure it's worth £7.99 to me a month. Will probably stick with it though.

I think @braineclipse's point is key. While the numbers don't look great, there is no way Levy would be spending £60m + increased wage bill if he didn't think we could support it.

Yes some very good articles on there. I paid a year up front when it launched but didn’t renew as I never got round to reading them often enough, even less now without the commute. In a lot of cases you have to pay for the good journalism. Rather than rely on the click bate journalism websites out there. Some new age some that have come from printed press. But a lot of rubbish!

Levy always has the long game in mind. The very biggest part of that long game has been completed...

The golden goose of N17 has been built...whether it lays again this year, next year, it doesn't matter, it will lay and keep laying forever and a day.

Short term he wanted to back Mourinho (he kinda had to really,just to keep his dream appointment sweet) but he knows that it's only covid stopping wheelbarrows of money coming into the club, literally nothing else is in our way. It's Levy speculating to a degree but Levy would have taken everything into consideration.

I don't agree with Levy though that it couldn't of come at a worse time. The stadium 6months from completion and the debt not refinanced, would have been a lot worse.

I think he might take a bit of a gamble on that front but not to the point that he'd risk our long term future. I'd be beyond shocked if Levy turned into another Peter Ridsdale.

The club could not be in better hands then Levy so i would be surprised if he took to many risks.

Levy always has the long game in mind. The very biggest part of that long game has been completed...

The golden goose of N17 has been built...whether it lays again this year, next year, it doesn't matter, it will lay and keep laying forever and a day.

Short term he wanted to back Mourinho (he kinda had to really,just to keep his dream appointment sweet) but he knows that it's only covid stopping wheelbarrows of money coming into the club, literally nothing else is in our way. It's Levy speculating to a degree but Levy would have taken everything into consideration.

I don't agree with Levy though that it couldn't of come at a worse time. The stadium 6months from completion and the debt not refinanced, would have been a lot worse.

Yeah I thought of that when I read Levy's quote. Doubt he believes it either, this happening during the build would have been much worse. He's probably just playing the PR game.

Credit to Swiss Ramble, he's not flinched from highlighting how much better we're doing nowadays than his beloved Arse. :D
I say it every time but I remember him estimating our additional revenue from the new stadium as being £20m compared to WHL.... that was despite Arsenal taking close to £100m at the Emirates.

H
No, sorry mate. I assume you were WAY closer though?
hell yeah
I said we could get upto £150m in a season depending on number of games and some people said no chance..
the numbers are an average of £5.7m per game now and that was before some huge games that would arguably bump it up
The stadium strangely as a source of income is still being under estimated by people including Swiss ramble

Back