• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Results

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...ZFI6yXQfclkl00hUQH181WDmwg7DyqsSoBdjlJez8G-AU

Financial highlights
Revenue for the year ended 30 June 2020 was £402.4m (2019: £460.7m). Reduced revenues were predominantly driven by lower Champions League receipts and the extension of the season beyond the year end.

Operating expenses before football trading have increased to £358.1m (2019: £312.8m), driven by a full year of depreciation of the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium (THS) of £71.0m (2019: £24.9m).

Profit from operations, excluding football trading and before depreciation and exceptional items, was £115.3m (2019: £172.7m).

The Club made a loss after all charges including amortisation of player contracts, the rebate to broadcasters centrally agreed by the Premier League, interest and tax of £63.9m (2019: profit of £68.6m).

Matchday revenue
Premier League matchday and catering receipts were £81.9m (2019: £64.2m) with 14 of the 19 Home matches played prior to the COVID-19 outbreak at the THS with fans, the remaining five home matches being played behind closed doors. The 2018/19 season was played at Wembley with the last five games of the season at the new THS.

Gate receipts from the UEFA Champions League and domestic cup competitions were £12.6m (2019: £17.5m). This represents the 14th time in the last 15 seasons that the Club has played in Europe.

Broadcasting and media revenues
Premier League broadcasting and media revenues decreased to £95.2m (2019: £149.9m). This was the result of revenue being deferred to the 2020/21 season in respect of those games played post year end. Champions League prize money reduced to £51.2m (2019: £94.0m). The Club reached the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League (2019: Final).

Commercial revenues
Commercial revenues were £161.5m (2019: £135.2m) which started to show the potential from merchandise, third party events and sponsorship revenues derived from the THS.

Net interest
Net interest was £43.2m (2019: £25.2m) which included imputed IFRS notional interest on player purchases, commercial revenues and lease obligations in line with the adoption of IFRS 16. It includes net bank interest expenses of £21.0m (2019: £12.8m). Bank interest was capitalised during the stadium build and on opening is expensed at lower long-term fixed interest rates.

Net assets
At the year end the cost of the Club’s property assets were £1.54bn (2019: £1.49bn) and intangible assets (player registrations) £397.1m (2019: £332.1m) before amortisation. Total assets were £1.87bn (2019: £1.69bn) resulting in property and intangible assets after depreciation and amortisation of £1.58bn (2019: £1.54bn).

With this backdrop the Club refinanced its debt portfolio extending it to an average maturity of 23 years and bringing the weighted average interest rate down to 2.67%. At the year end the Club had net debt of £604.6m (2019: £534.3m).

Chairman, Daniel Levy:
“We are currently in the midst of one of the most challenging times ever experienced. The impact of the pandemic on our revenue is material and could not have come at a worse time, having just completed a £1.2bn stadium build which is financed by Club resources and long-term debt. The 2020/21 season has so far seen no fans at games and this is compounded by a loss of third party events such as NFL, concerts, the closure of stores and visitor attractions. Our estimate for the current financial year of the potential loss of revenue, should the stadium remain closed to fans, is in excess of £150m. Clearly this would be an irrecoverable loss of income.

“However, whilst we have been unable to open our stadium to fans, we have opened it to the NHS. Over 41,000 antenatal appointments have been held in our stadium by the North Middlesex Hospital Outpatients Department as we sought to assist with creating more space to treat patients in the hospital itself and provide a safer environment for outpatients. We opened our basement for COVID-19 testing and this still continues.

“We are also working to support over 4,000 direct and indirect jobs together with the wider community who depend on us in an area of significant deprivation.

“Each and every Premier League club makes a significant financial and social contribution to the UK economy and to their local communities as well as being a great British export often showcased by Government departments for trade and culture visits. We have spent the past months preparing our stadium, testing our digital ticketing process and registering ID validation for fans. Premier League clubs are entirely capable, similar to the experience in several other countries, of responsibly delivering outdoor events with social distancing, exemplary hygiene standards, qualified stewards, testing capabilities and diverse travel plans, operating in some of the most technologically advanced venues in the world. We recognise that health and safety are paramount and we have been encouraged by the latest news on vaccine developments and potential Clinical Passports.

“We are immensely grateful to our fans and sponsors for their on-going support at this difficult time. We wish you all well over the festive period and hope we can see supporters return safely as soon as possible.”

Five year review - please click on the link below (pdf) for a five year review table...

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/me...r-end-30-june-2020-five-year-review-table.pdf

Links to full accounts - https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/the-club/investor-relations/annual-reports/

I did read that we have t banked any of the premier league money in last seasons accounts as it was paid after the financial year finished due to COVID
There was something else that would be in this years figures too that was a positive but I can’t remember what it was
The consensus seems to be us releasing our numbers early shows the government that prem clubs can’t support the lower clubs

I did read that we have t banked any of the premier league money in last seasons accounts as it was paid after the financial year finished due to COVID
There was something else that would be in this years figures too that was a positive but I can’t remember what it was
The consensus seems to be us releasing our numbers early shows the government that prem clubs can’t support the lower clubs

Interesting that we haven’t accounted for the premier league prize money in those accounts, I understand why. Considering this years lack of champions league money. Might help even the accounts out a bit.

As this is the first season we have a reasonable amount of data to see the benefit of the stadium. I read some analysis somewhere, that based on a proper season, that they reckoned after taking off revenue we use to get at the OWHL and also the cost of servicing the debt we are probably about £90m better off.

Interesting that we haven’t accounted for the premier league prize money in those accounts, I understand why. Considering this years lack of champions league money. Might help even the accounts out a bit.

As this is the first season we have a reasonable amount of data to see the benefit of the stadium. I read some analysis somewhere, that based on a proper season, that they reckoned after taking off revenue we use to get at the OWHL and also the cost of servicing the debt we are probably about £90m better off.
We couldn’t account for it as it wasn’t paid in that year
I think the other thing was TV money owed too
So it would be a cash injection into this years accounts
I’ll see if I can find the article on the athletic

Where is the article from?
Think it's from the Athletic.

They (imo) hit the tickle my balls with a feather by pointing out the transfer activity we did this summer. Levy wouldn't have done that if we were in a critical financial state.

It's a problem, it will impact us, but we'll deal with it.

The athletic
As mentioned by @braineclipse
i like their reporting but not sure if it’s worth the money as their isn’t the volume of it

Yeah I signed up for the £1 a month for 6 months promotion. It's a fantastic site with some great articles. The ones about rSol, Arshavin and Venkys lately have been top notch. And I think it's important organisations and journalists like that are supported instead of some of the other rags out there but not sure it's worth £7.99 to me a month. Will probably stick with it though.

I think @braineclipse's point is key. While the numbers don't look great, there is no way Levy would be spending £60m + increased wage bill if he didn't think we could support it.

Would he sanction spending to increase our chances of qualifying for the lucurative CL, even if we were tight for money?

Would he sanction spending to increase our chances of qualifying for the lucurative CL, even if we were tight for money?

I think he might take a bit of a gamble on that front but not to the point that he'd risk our long term future. I'd be beyond shocked if Levy turned into another Peter Ridsdale.

Back