• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Results

Never noticed it before but there was a lot of ‘can Spurs keep up these performances on this budget’ which seemed out of place considering these are historical accounts and the expectation is revenue will increase therefore allowing more funds for wages and signings.

He's been like that for years. Always putting a negative spin on our numbers. He seems to be working under the assumption that matching Arsenal's match day income is the very best case scenario we could possibly hope for, when in reality we are likely to surpass them. We've already done several years of frugality to help with the stadium. Our debt will be far lower than the total cost so far and I'm guessing the zero net spend is also something we've done to help secure financing. Once everything is refinanced over the next few years things will look a lot rosier. Unlike Arsenal we haven't even tapped into naming rights yet and we definitely haven't locked ourselves into a deal that quickly ended up being well below market value just to get a bit of cash up front.

Interesting to note on the SwissRamble analysis is that both our kit deal and shirt sponsorship are tied in till 2023. Meaning commercial won’t see to much growth for a few years other than a naming rights deal for the stadium.

Interesting to note on the SwissRamble analysis is that both our kit deal and shirt sponsorship are tied in till 2023. Meaning commercial won’t see to much growth for a few years other than a naming rights deal for the stadium.
I did wonder with the Nike long term tie in (2033?)being done a little under the radar that Levy has been Levyed, i.e we were desperate to be able to show long term income to offset the rising stadium cost so Nike got us on the relative cheap.

I did wonder with the Nike long term tie in (2033?)being done a little under the radar that Levy has been Levyed, i.e we were desperate to be able to show long term income to offset the rising stadium cost so Nike got us on the relative cheap.

Or it’s a hugely stepped deal subject to milestones

We haven’t a clue as fans on those terms TBF and nothing has been released

Yeah surely a deal like that you’d want to place in increases in case the shirt sales massively increase.

However I guess if not having this in place meant we couldn’t increase our finance and that therefore prevented the stadium being finished then I guess Levy might have been stuck a bit.

Yeah surely a deal like that you’d want to place in increases in case the shirt sales massively increase.

However I guess if not having this in place meant we couldn’t increase our finance and that therefore prevented the stadium being finished then I guess Levy might have been stuck a bit.

It’s all about brand rather than sales for the club
Clubs get a pittance on the overall sales numbers in reality
It comes down more to go the supplier wants to be associated as a brand
Is why we wear nike t shirts in the warm up some times with NO spurs logo.. suits Nike and costs the club nothing

Never noticed it before but there was a lot of ‘can Spurs keep up these performances on this budget’ which seemed out of place considering these are historical accounts and the expectation is revenue will increase therefore allowing more funds for wages and signings.
Like I said, Arsenal fan. But not so blinkered that he is ridiculous with his slant. Just that there's niggles occasionally. But some of the numbers this time round are so massive that his professional (?) eye had to appreciate them.

There will be other commercial streams coming in that will drive growth though... catering at NWHL, American football, gigs, boxing, e sports and so on that will generate commercial revenue growth relatively quickly. You may see Spurs going down the route that Man Utd have with Spurs having noodle and tractor partners.

There will be other commercial streams coming in that will drive growth though... catering at NWHL, American football, gigs, boxing, e sports and so on that will generate commercial revenue growth relatively quickly. You may see Spurs going down the route that Man Utd have with Spurs having noodle and tractor partners.
People will always need noodle tractors.

If we can’t comment on things we don’t have a clue about we should close the forum down!
I was musing whether an unusually long commitment might have meant we sold ourselves a little short. Not unthinkable given the stadium overspend and delays. Whatever the deal is I’d assume it is linked to performance as Nike are also making a commitment to us.
I just thought it unusual to commit to something for so long given the way Football finances have changed so much in the last 15 years, Goons had a long liked kit deal with Emirates, which in hindsight was on the lower side but probably appeased the lenders for their new stadium.

On a totally non financial note I preferred it when we had more obscure kit makers which gave us a more distinct kit design!

I believe the assets for that Increase are the ground and you can’t deprecate assets until you have actual use and benefit from them (I’m probably wrong)
True. They also tend to be depreciated over very long periods too.

We don't need to depreciate the land as it's freehold and probably won't - if we expect it to increase in value then we'd only end up with huge revaluation adjustments. The buildings we can depreciate over their useful life. That could be a century or more if that's what we choose.

So I guess Levy has a target of £500m in revenue and is probably aiming for it in the next 3 years, with potential naming rights, events at the new stadium, overseas TV rights I think this should be achieveable.

Of course others will increase their revenue but we have a lot of scope to increase quickly whereas the others will likely have lower growth. If we can get there then we can probably get above Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool in the earnings league and get up to around 7th place which is as likely as high as we can go given ahead of us would be Real, Barca, Utd, Bayern, City and PSG.

Back