• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Results

Regarding Evans. I think the fact that he plays for an unfashionable club and international team automatically turns some people off of him.

Can only speak for myself, obviously, but thats certainly not the case with me.

I often like the unfashionable teams, I watch a lot of Championship football, its not a snobbery thing here.

No, Evans is not a sensible move.

He broke a curfew to go out and get steaming drunk in Barcelona, stole a taxi to get back to the hotel at 5.30am

5.30am!

Jesus.

Yeah does not sound like a leader to me or a good role model. Would be surprised if Poch went for him.

Financial Update

The Club continues to operate on a sensible financial basis in order to take a long-term view for the benefit of current as well as future generations of Tottenham Hotspur fans.

The Club’s investment over recent years in facilities has resulted in total gross tangible assets at 30 June, 2018, in excess of £1bn - facilities which include the Training Centre, the new Players’ Lodge, Percy House, home of the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation, Lilywhite House Club offices, new retail warehouse, new Paxton House Ticket Office and now the new stadium along with the newly-opened Spurs Shop – the largest football club store in Europe - plus other property assets.

These investments have been financed by funds from the Club and bank finance, principally from Bank of America Merrill Lynch International, Goldman Sachs Bank USA and HSBC Bank plc (“Banking Partners”) who have provided a development facility of up to £637m. At 30 June, 2018, the Club had net debt of £366m.

This level of investment by the Club has been made possible by record revenues of £381m and profit from operations before football trading, depreciation, interest, tax and exceptional items of £163m for the year to 30 June, 2018. Trading for the current year will, however, be impacted by the additional costs of Wembley and the delay to the opening of the new stadium.

Working with our Banking Partners and our financial advisor, Rothschild & Co, we shall be converting this development facility, which currently expires in April 2022, into notes with a mixture of debt maturities.

The residual amount of gross debt to be converted or extinguished will depend on a number of factors including several commercial discussions.

In recent months we have secured an extended agreement with Nike up to 2033, one of the longest football club deals in Nike’s history. We have also announced a number of new brand partners including, amongst several others, Audi, IWC Schaffhausen, HPE and EA SPORTS.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2018/october/club-statement-new-stadium-and-financial-update/

For comparison:

Revenue for the year ended 30 June 2017 was at a record level of £306.3m (2016: £209.8m).

Premier League gate receipts were £19.0m (2016: £22.2m). Gate receipts decreased in comparison to the prior year as a result of the demolition of the North-East corner of White Hart Lane Stadium. The stadium continued to sell out for all Premier League home games, further underlining the need for an increased capacity stadium to meet demand and satisfy a waiting list for season tickets that has now risen to over 62,000.

The Club participated in the group stages of the UEFA Champions League and the round of 32 of the UEFA Europa League (2016: round of 16 of UEFA Europa League) resulting in gate receipts and prize money of £44.6m (2016: £18.7m).

Revenue from the domestic cup competitions earned the Club £5.0m (2016: £2.4m).

Television and media revenues rose to £149.8m (2016: £94.8m), due to the commencement of a new three-year Premier League broadcasting deal and a record second place league finish (2016: third).

Sponsorship and corporate hospitality revenue was £54.7m (2016: £48.8m) and merchandising revenue was £14.0m (2016: £12.0m).

Profit from operations, excluding football trading and before exceptional items and depreciation, was £117.6m (2016: £63.3m). Profit for the year after interest and tax was £41.2m (2016: £33.0m).

The Group has continued to invest significantly in construction work, professional fees and enabling works relating to the Northumberland Development Project (NDP) with the cumulative spend increasing from £115.3m to £315.1m during the period.

Group net assets are £227.2m (2016: £206.1m) whilst the Group has cash, net of all borrowing of £14.6m (2016: £47.6m).

Difficult to see it as anything other than a prelude to a stadium sponsorship, or some sort of major NFL tie-in.

Nike ArenA sounds fine to me, tbh. Or Nike Hart Lane, but of course they'll never go for that one. :p

I think we can all call it Nike Hart Lane and that will be one of the nice things about it. It’s the perfect nod to the fans while not, officially, cheapening the stadium sponsorship deal. It’s like an ironic nod to our past while not having to suffer something ghastly like the Sports Direct Arena. Even if we don’t have to pronounce Nike properly to get it :)

I think we can all call it Nike Hart Lane and that will be one of the nice things about it. It’s the perfect nod to the fans while not, officially, cheapening the stadium sponsorship deal. It’s like an ironic nod to our past while not having to suffer something ghastly like the Sports Direct Arena. Even if we don’t have to pronounce Nike properly to get it :)

One can certainly dream. :)

That's what happens when you don't buy players and sell at premium prices lol ... it was a joke before some get sensitive

Hooray! One for the trophy cabinet - we have a world record we can put up in golden letters in front of the training ground. Biggest profit in football history.

Sigh. And this is last year, too - before this year's summer of utter inaction and the empty January we had.

Back