• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Results

What makes you think he has it? The medal?

Think again. In only two seasons under Fergie did he make more than 20 appearances. 90% of the time he was watching the team, not in it.

He was never an integral part of the team. He isnt "that" player. Not the one you seem to think he is.

He averaged as baby as Toby does for us

Alderweireld was at Atletico the year they won the league (13-14) so saw as much as Evans did at United -

Last edited:
Alderweireld was at Atletico the year they won the league (13-14) so saw as much as Evans did at United -

So you class a player playing in 12 games as the same as one who averaged 19 games a season (or half) in a side that won 3 league titles in those 7 years

I know people wanna knock him but city and arsenal were sniffing around him too

And I’ll add that i don’t think we are after him but for £3m he is a great option should Toby depart

So you class a player playing in 12 games as the same as one who averaged 19 games a season (or half) in a side that won 3 league titles in those 7 years

And I’ll add that i don’t think we are after him but for £3m he is a great option should Toby depart

I think it's meaningless personally but i thought your argument was that Evans saw what was required to win the league because he was part of a squad that won it (same with Huth and Shwarzer at Chelsea) and could pass that on - it's the same with Alderweireld, he was part of a league winning squad and would have seen what was required over a season to go the distance

I think it's meaningless personally but i thought your argument was that Evans saw what was required to win the league because he was part of a squad that won it (same with Huth and Shwarzer at Chelsea) and could pass that on - it's the same with Alderweireld, he was part of a league winning squad and would have seen what was required over a season to go the distance

True
But I was debating with nayim around the merits of him

Sorry should have been as many

I see. In which case your point is lost on me.

Its not that I WANT to knock him, its certainly nothing personal. Its more that I simply do not see why people are falling over themselves for him.

That includes the like of City and Arsenal.

He is a bang average player. I just do not see him offering anything to enhance this team/squad.

I would genuinely rather blood Foyth or recall CCV than buy in Evans. Though ideally, if Alderweireld does go, we do better than either.

What makes him a GREAT option? He is 29/30, is "ok", has been around next level players (which doesnt make him one). That simply doesnt sell him to me at all.

He is at WBA for a reason. And half the reason he has looked good there is the way Pulis sets up his teams. Its not rocket science.

I am frankly baffled there is any mileage in the link on this forum at all, let alone people persistently offering him as a good target, its madness.

We were talking about something similar the other day iirc - the need to have a winner in the team, i saw this as an extention of that seeings as it is one of your reasons for talking him up?

Yes true
I think we need someone who has won leagues and would join us without upsetting the apple cart

I see. In which case your point is lost on me.

Its not that I WANT to knock him, its certainly nothing personal. Its more that I simply do not see why people are falling over themselves for him.

That includes the like of City and Arsenal.

He is a bang average player. I just do not see him offering anything to enhance this team/squad.

I would genuinely rather blood Foyth or recall CCV than buy in Evans. Though ideally, if Alderweireld does go, we do better than either.

What makes him a GREAT option? He is 29/30, is "ok", has been around next level players (which doesnt make him one). That simply doesnt sell him to me at all.

He is at WBA for a reason. And half the reason he has looked good there is the way Pulis sets up his teams. Its not rocket science.

I am frankly baffled there is any mileage in the link on this forum at all, let alone people persistently offering him as a good target, its madness.

But that an opinion of yours and your entitled to it. I disagree and that’s mine

Toby, Jan, Moura, Aurier all have experience of winning trophies.

How have City got £218 commercial revenue which is way more than anyone else apart from Utd, that seems crazy.

Toby, Jan, Moura, Aurier all have experience of winning trophies.

How have City got £218 commercial revenue which is way more than anyone else apart from Utd, that seems crazy.

Coming back on the subject of winning trophies my angle abd argument was always about winning the BIG trophies like one of the major leagues

And city pay themeslves anything they want don’t they... then pay the fines

Regarding Evans. I think the fact that he plays for an unfashionable club and international team automatically turns some people off of him.

Now I can't profess to having watched him lots of times so my view is based on a small sample. However I was very impressed by his performance against us earlier this season at Wembley, I came away from that game thinking that he was probably the man of the match.

If we are losing Alderweireld then having Evans in the squad could be a sensible move as it would give us a player who can hit the ground running in the Premier league, providing experienced cover to Sanchez and Vertonghen. This would potentially allow Vertonghen to have a rest every now and again and also allow time for Foyth to come through.

Back