• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Results

He personally owns 15% of a company that has increased in value from around 300m to 1 bn, he is being rewarded for success $$.

He can get a big rise but it will be questioned and I imagine by the players as well. We will pay the highest ticket prices in the world, we pay our chairman the most in the premier league. Crying (relative) poverty come negotiation time / summer transfer window will be a harder sell.

And from far less than that if the share price at the point the club was de-listed was to be believed.

50% of it is tax, dividends would be more tax efficient. But he would have to pay Lewis 70%, so as Bedford says, in lieu of taking dividends he's put himself on a healthy salary. Of course the value of his shares have also risen, but they are only important if he sells as to date most profits have been reinvested. In short Levy is taking out some cash without paying Lewis, who probably doesn't need a few million.

Levy's pay increase is going to cause a stir, assuming that he is the highest paid director (£6,013,000, up from £2,843,000; see p19). This is double United's Ed Woodward gets, although perhaps its his pay that is disproportionate.

For perspective, £6m is £120k per week, which puts him on par with the top paid players and possible Poch with his new deal.
Still a bargain compared to the Blackpool chairman!

The £6m is remuneration for the period, not necessarily his salary. The increase could be particular bonuses for achieving part of the long term plan. If he got £6m for 2016-2017, the number for this and next year with the stadium opening could be interesting.

P.S. Technically, we don't know it is Levy who is getting the money. It could be one of the other directors, although this seems extremely unlikely.

It was an eye opener for me when I started my locksmith franchise.

As for balancing a budget, if person in the UK over 18 should be doing this, but then the fact that so many are not is an whole other can of fish.

Mate, I'm a debt counsellor.
The number of people I see who seem to have never been taught (or learned) what others would view as 'the basics'...

The £6m is remuneration for the period, not necessarily his salary. The increase could be particular bonuses for achieving part of the long term plan. If he got £6m for 2016-2017, the number for this and next year with the stadium opening could be interesting.

P.S. Technically, we don't know it is Levy who is getting the money. It could be one of the other directors, although this seems extremely unlikely.

Saw somewhere that a big chunk was bonuses for the stadium project and for something else too - possibly hitting a financial target for the business. Don't know how informed that is though.
Totally agree that seeing next year's amount will be illuminating.

Saw somewhere that a big chunk was bonuses for the stadium project and for something else too - possibly hitting a financial target for the business. Don't know how informed that is though.
Totally agree that seeing next year's amount will be illuminating.

The Telegraph said something about it including a back-dated salary increase and performance bonuses, some also back-dated.

If the chairman/owner is solely responsible for making the right decisions and the balance sheet allows, then who the fudge is anyone to question the draw down?

That club can afford it and deserves to be paid on par to that highest earners at the club.

I'd happily pay double that to levy if only to fend off people like the dildo brothers, the corrupt chap, Kronke etc no need to explain.

We should look to keep the ratio the same and if our turnover increases as we know it will the players can be rewarded

I fully expect turnover to be around £400m next season with the new ground and that premium so wages could confortably be at £150m

Back