• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Fair Play

Have I at any point denied that? No.

Ive simply said, considering how much a clubs fortunes can depend on results, that a manager should be responsible in how they operate.

These are not mutually exclusive concepts.

If Pep was packing his squad with expensive past it has beens, knowing full well they offered no value to the club and would need replacing at great cost, I would consider that irresponsible behaviour on his part, as I believe he should have an eye on the clubs longevity.

That is not to say he is solely responsible for those actions.

As I have stated, numerous times now, I completely agree/accept/believe the board are ALSO responsible.

If Pep was packing his squad with expensive past it has beens, knowing full well they offered no value to the club and would need replacing at great cost, I would consider that irresponsible behaviour on his part, as I believe he should have an eye on the clubs longevity.

That is not to say he is solely responsible for those actions.

As I have stated, numerous times now, I completely agree/accept/believe the board are ALSO responsible.

Well he will know that demading players on high wages and high fees would push the club into the FFP danger zone so he is hardly working on the clubs interests at heart more his own.

Yes they are younger and its longer terms but its also three times more costly because not only is he spending huge on Fees but Also Wages with no hope of recouping that unless they sell for a fortune down the line which never happens. How many of the initially expensive young long term players are sold for profit down the line? Go back to Mancini and Pelegringos wonders and see where they are now and at what cost.

BBC: Uefa may [edit: are looking for excuses not to] reopen FFP investigations against Emirates Marketing Project after German magazine Der Spiegel published a series of articles accusing the club's Abu Dhabi owners of flouting the rules. (Telegraph)

FTFT

BBC: Uefa may are looking for excuses not to reopen FFP investigations against Emirates Marketing Project after German magazine Der Spiegel published a series of articles accusing the club's Abu Dhabi owners of flouting the rules. (Telegraph)

FTFT

Classic, hope thats true, just looking at their spend and it is insane. Despite the arguments on long term recouping of money you look at their cavalier approach to football.

In three season before this they spent over 700m Euros and Recouped approx 140m, stock piling players and then loaning them out or then releasing on a free.

Insane spending

Well he will know that demading players on high wages and high fees would push the club into the FFP danger zone so he is hardly working on the clubs interests at heart more his own.

Yes they are younger and its longer terms but its also three times more costly because not only is he spending huge on Fees but Also Wages with no hope of recouping that unless they sell for a fortune down the line which never happens. How many of the initially expensive young long term players are sold for profit down the line? Go back to Mancini and Pelegringos wonders and see where they are now and at what cost.

City are an odd choice to fixate on, given they have effectively unlimited resources.

Any manager will spend what he is given. Some will service only their own short term needs, others will work on a "what is best for the club" approach.

I favour the latter, and I feel it is the responsibility of every manager to have that consideration in how they operate.

At no point do I absolve the club owners/board of responsibility here. Just as - their own responsibilities dont absolve the manager of any for me either.

You disagree, thats fine, but Ive really nothing more to say on it.

"Rent a quote" has left behind him a string of clubs in financial trouble ( the only one who managed to keep a chain on him was Levy), the bloke is a fraud and you go and ask supporters of the clubs he near bankrupted they would say the same thing.

"Rent a quote" has left behind him a string of clubs in financial trouble ( the only one who managed to keep a chain on him was Levy), the bloke is a fraud and you go and ask supporters of the clubs he near bankrupted they would say the same thing.
The few Portsmouth fans I knew loved him pre Southampton move

Back