1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Filip Lesniak

Discussion in 'Classic Threads' started by Little Luka, 18 May 2017.

1. braineclipse

braineclipse Andy Thompson

Looked decent. But this was more like the appearance youth players at Chelsea get. Towards the end of a game that's already won towards the end of a decided season. Very different to the way Poch has used some of our other young players. But should have course be a sign that he will get more chances at more important times.

Summer will be telling for him I think.

2. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Steffen Iversen

Very telling considering his contract is up in a month.

3. thingonaspring

thingonaspring Ben Thatcher

This is a good example of why the assist is such a meaningless stat.

4. Abbeyspur

Abbeyspur Helder Postiga

Did nothing wrong after he came on + an assist as a bonus. Will be interesting to see if he is on the bench again on Sunday as would be good to see him get a little longer on the field. As Dembele played for over 70 minutes last night I can't see him taking any part in the game against Hull.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  5. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Justin Edinburgh

I've seen him about a dozen times, he's a good industrious player, nice and tidy with the ball, not a lot of pace. He's a terrific team player and I've seen him fill in with defence and midfield roles. I don't see him having a career with us but he should do well with the right club.

6. Bullet

Bullet Chris Perry

Sounds plausible based on the tiny bit I've seen of him.
    Commentators said he was on loan at Slovan Liberec or whatever they are called, how did he do there?
    They also said his dad was a great footballer and his grandfather is the current Slovakia coach.

7. tommysvr

tommysvr Niko Kranjcar

Find it funny all the carry on about an assist. He passed the ball 5 yards and then Harry did the rest.

thfcsteff, the dza and Gazza like this.
  8. parklane1

parklane1 Nayim

But he is "one of our own" ;)

9. Yoof

Yoof Tony Parks

He's just an ok player, a water-carrier type who'll do the dirty work and move it on when he has it. If you'd have asked me a couple of days ago whether he has a future here I'd have said no chance and that he'll be gone in the summer(when his contract runs out) but now, who knows. A lot had to fall into place for him to get in the squad but at the same time I don't think Poch is into giving kids a game for the sake of it so maybe there's something there that he likes.

90291Spur likes this.
  10. braineclipse

What? How? Why?

11. 90291Spur

90291Spur Paul Stalteri

Thanks as always.

12. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Nick Barmby

Players mature at different ages, so I have no problem with a late bloomer

13. thingonaspring

thingonaspring Ben Thatcher

Don't want to take anything away from him etc... It wasn't exactly an incisive pass through to him breaking in to the box, or anything. He was just the last person to touch it before Kane did the rest.

However, I don't mean this as any kind of criticism against him at all, it's a general pet hatred I have for the "stat" in question. An "assist" entirely 400% relies on somebody else NOT being brick, to count for anything. You can make the most amazing passes and crosses in the World and end up with zero assists in a season if you've got a lumbering donkey up front who couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

SteveAWOL, Bullet, parklane1 and 3 others like this.
  14. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

That's exactly why I think stats are totally over rated, a useful tool but not the be all and end all that some people love.

parklane1 likes this.
  15. braineclipse

Yes, some assists are just basic passes to someone creating a goal from nothing. And some goals are tap-ins that take very little skill. And similar examples can be made for most stats.

That doesn't make stats collected over decent sample sizes meaningless though. Because no player is getting a lot of those assists that were simply a basic pass. Just like no one gets a lot of simple tap-in goals. Over good sample sizes players that create a lot of good goalscoring chances will get more assists on average. Just like good goalscorers get more goals.

Eriksen having 15 assists this season says something about his season. Him going from 8 to 13 to 15 over his 3 years says something. Just like Ozil going 9, 5, 19, 9 says something.

16. braineclipse

Who are these people?

17. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

IIRC in previous years Poch gave players like Grant Ward and Dominic Ball game time around this time of year when we needed extra bodies, then sold them a few weeks later

18. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

Just browse through this site, you'll find plenty of stats of how many km players have run, passes (long and short), tackles, number of bricks they had this week, plus comparisons on results by season, month, venue. All proving whatever you like.

parklane1 likes this.
  19. Yoof

Yoof Tony Parks

Not in competitive games he didn't.

20. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

I mean more the tour to Lan Kwai Fong. I suspect he only featured at Leicester because after injuries and international commitments, he was the only adult CM left at the club.