• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FIFA: Destroying Football Since 1904

This whole thing is a complete joke, I wish the bigger countries would just band together and ask for an ultimatum, Tournament moves or we are out. Surely that would wake FIFA up.

What's wrong with playing it in the winter? Sure it was a joke that it went to Qatar, but for safety, I see no issue.

What's wrong with playing it in the winter? Sure it was a joke that it went to Qatar, but for safety, I see no issue.

No problem at all, it's the fact that they made the bid on the basis that it would be a summer tournament and they would invest billions to build air conditioned stadiums but now FIFA have said it's not necessary. I may be cynical but you'd have to be incredibly naive to deny there's been some serious backhanders involved.

No problem at all, it's the fact that they made the bid on the basis that it would be a summer tournament and they would invest billions to build air conditioned stadiums but now FIFA have said it's not necessary. I may be cynical but you'd have to be incredibly naive to deny there's been some serious backhanders involved.

this again the whole bid process was so corrupt. Sorry some nations are not equipped to host certain events. The winter olympics will never be held in Ecuador. This is not even mentioning the human rights process of slave labor killing hundreds of workers to get their stadiums built.

I'm reading this whilst watching Panorama's investigation into corruption in Sochi for the winter games, it really, really stinks. Backhanders, corruption, death threats. And they will host the World Cup soon too. The world is a horrible, corrupt stinkhole, when it comes to major projects with billions invested. And you see the poor little English delegation looking crestfallen when they didn't win the bidding process, blissfully unaware that the other nations had either paid massive backhanders or threats or both. Allegedly.

I'm reading this whilst watching Panorama's investigation into corruption in Sochi for the winter games, it really, really stinks. Backhanders, corruption, death threats. And they will host the World Cup soon too. The world is a horrible, corrupt stinkhole, when it comes to major projects with billions invested. And you see the poor little English delegation looking crestfallen when they didn't win the bidding process, blissfully unaware that the other nations had either paid massive backhanders or threats or both. Allegedly.

My mates a welder who worked on Wembley. He says the reasons for the delays and huge eventual cost was backhanders and threats by the Russians. At one point they apparently had to drop tools because they were demanding 'further payment'.

All 'allegedly' of course. I couldn't personally verify the above.

I can't imagine any of the countries pulling out. They're too much in on the big FIFA swindle.

The players on the other hand. FIFA has more to lose fromMessi pulling out in protest than he does.

Imagine what that would do for Messi's legacy. Not just a brilliant footballer, but a humanitarian.

And the Ronaldo would have to follow suit. Can't have Messi getting all the good press.

I think moving the world cup will set a bad precedent. At the moment countries bid for a summer world cup and all league systems work around this. Once FIFA introduce the idea of a flexible date then they can select times that suit the big broadcasters and would expect the leagues to adjust.

I've even wondered if this was a reason for selecting Qatar, setting the precedent. The backhanders were, no doubt, nice and seem to have funded a few FIFA delegate retirements, but the precedent opens the door for more backhanders (as well as some forehanders) in the future.

Allegedly one third of the money spent on the Sotchi olympics was spent on corruption.

That's about 11 billion pounds. £11.000.000.000 spent on **** all other than lining the pockets of corrupt individuals. That's the modern olympic spirit for you right there.

I genuinely don't know this, when FIFA solicit bids for the WC to they actually specify the dates the tournament will need to run, or is everyone assuming that the bidding is for a July WC because the WC has always been July?

It does make me chuckle the way some posters are coming round to the idea.. how does not minding a winter world cup outway the way FIFA and its corrupt delegates have acted. I say bring them all to court and charged with corruption and the key thrown away. **** a winter World Cup.

Its like Gibraltar having a team now.. they shouldn't have a team. Its basically a few blokes got together who now have a vote on how things go and they are now allowed to use that vote to line there own pockets, same as San Marino, as I read the other day.. what Italian decent enough would play for San Marino and not Italy. Andorra is the same. The whole thing is a shumuzzing corrupt cesspit feeding off a simple game.

You are right Superhudd, the whole thing is ****ed, the WC is gonna happen though, I can either enjoy it for what it is or ignore it because it isn't what it could be, so far I've watched (and enjoyed) 7 WC's all of which surely have as nefarious back stories as this, I've not reached the tipping point yet to be disgusted enough to turn away from it.

You are right Superhudd, the whole thing is ****ed, the WC is gonna happen though, I can either enjoy it for what it is or ignore it because it isn't what it could be, so far I've watched (and enjoyed) 7 WC's all of which surely have as nefarious back stories as this, I've not reached the tipping point yet to be disgusted enough to turn away from it.

Agree, but for me I will not be watching or enjoying this circus until the first kickoff (the only thing footballers are guilty of is going along with the bull$hit). Until then FIFA can fook themselves, and my voice is vehemently against any such notion of a winter world cup.

I like the World Cup, but I haven't really enjoyed one since 1998. I always prefer the Euros.

I know it's a big stretch but I'm sure the major clubs in Europe will not be happy with this change and this could encourage them to break from their on Associations and FIFA and form their on Super League, guaranteeing big TV cash and remove the need to fight for qualification each season

Back