1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

FIFA: Destroying Football Since 1904

Discussion in 'General Football' started by Robbo, 8 Jan 2014.

Tags:
  1. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment Michael Carrick

Premier League survival - and the £millions that come with it - means points way before pride.

2. parklane1

parklane1 Andy Thompson

It was not so awesome when they started bricking on the pitches :)

AuroRaman, Rorschach and Bullet like this.
  3. 7percent

7percent Allan Nielsen

I know your post wasn't serious, but the abuse it takes to break an elephants will to entertain people is actually heartbreaking. I'll let you google for yourself if interested, but it's definitely not awesome.

4. AuroRaman

AuroRaman Ruel Fox

Definitely wasn't being serious mate, I take animal welfare very seriously ;)

7percent likes this.
  5. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Simon Davies

I'm sure I could have made more money selling drugs or my kids, but I had morals something lacking in sport, once you make money the your principle goal you lose your soul. Too many people accept the line we are fed, that it's a business, it maybe to the media and the owners but to me it's a game that should bring a bit of pleasure into life not about how much money a team has made.

parklane1 and Spur of the moment like this.
  6. parklane1

parklane1 Andy Thompson

it used to be the best game in the world ( once) now it stinks in so many ways.

K.D.D.D.D.Soc likes this.
  7. jts1882

jts1882 Mitchell Thomas

Given Fox have a big contract for US World Cup rights, anyone think FIFA might look at that first Panama goal? There was some precedent recently where South Africa had to replay a game (I think after a referee mistake).

It's complicated by the fact that the US were not involved in that game, but the US market means lots of money to FIFA and "it's only Panama".

8. Spur of the moment

For all cynical fouls, forget about sin bins, instead award a penalty regardless of whereabouts on the pitch the offence took place. This would be in addition to the usual booking. At present players are happy to take one for the team because the resulting free kick means they can get every player back behind the ball, so the advantage mostly goes to the offending side.

Retain bookings and normal free kicks for all other offences as now, eg obstructing a fk, swearing at the ref, diving, simulation, whatever. Also retain red cards for dangerous play as now but this of course would also incur a pen regardless of where it took place on the pitch.

That's what I would do anyway. Fewer cynical tackles, fewer injuries to the blameless, more fair play, more flowing football, more goals.

What could be better?

9. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Mido

Think about one clear factor why it's acceptable to see a major global power nobbled out of the World Cup by gamesmanship.

Yes. Trump.

At least that will make everyone around the world smile.

10. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Vedran Corluka

Basing qualification on political figures then it will be a short tournament

11. Mr_B

Mr_B Steed Malbranque

remember in 2026, wc qualification will be a cakewalk with 48 teams qualifying, all part of FIFA's plan to make as much money as possible by scheduling as many matches as possible, who cares if the end product is diluted, Mozambique are playing in their first world cup and they helped fifa exec. Señor Iloveabribe buy his yacht.

12. Jordinho

Jordinho John White Staff Member

13. Spur of the moment

Who would ever have guessed?

14. Jordinho

Jordinho John White Staff Member

Disgraced former Fifa president Blatter last year denied Argentina had been handed an easy draw at the last World Cup after they were pitted against Nigeria, Iran and Bosnia-Herzegovina.

“The draw was clean until the last detail,” the 80 year-old told Argentine publication La Nacion.

“I never touched the balls, which was something that others had to do. Of course, it can be signalled, by heating or cooling them.

“It’s technically possible. It did not happen in Fifa, but I witnessed draws at a European level in which it happened - but never in Fifa.

“It could have happened, but in my case it never did, ever.

“If you put the balls in the refrigerator before, a simple comparison between one and the other by touching them determines the cold and hot balls. By touching them, you already know what it is.”

Uefa branded Blatter’s claims “completely absurd”.

15. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Simon Davies

Why am I reading that in a Donald Trump voice?

Kandi1977 likes this.
  16. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL John Lacy

17. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL John Lacy

Last edited: 16 Jan 2018
  18. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Gerry Armstrong

Why are we honouring the Qatar WC when it was fixed to award it to them?

Bullet likes this.
  19. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL John Lacy

Spur of the moment likes this.
  20. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Gerry Armstrong

Its unreal it really is. The Qataris were in on this, they should be stripped

Spur of the moment likes this.