• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fernando Llorente

He's not good enough for us to alter our style of play for. We cannot accommodate players who can no longer run*
*see also Wanyama

I have no problem with letting him go, i would like to think that his knowledge of playing as a CF at the highest level has helped Kane progress.

I have no problem with letting him go, i would like to think that his knowledge of playing as a CF at the highest level has helped Kane progress.

It would be good if he helped Kane but most of his time at the top level was as a back up. He's a solid professional and I've no complaints about what he's given us, it's just not what we need.

He's officially released tomorrow

13 goals in 2 seasons. (3 behind Soldado)

£12m transfer fee. £9.5m in basic wages.

£1.65m per goal.

He's officially released tomorrow

13 goals in 2 seasons. (3 behind Soldado)

£12m transfer fee. £9.5m in basic wages.

£1.65m per goal.

It's not like assists matter at all or that some of his performances were paramount in our finest run in Europe's top tier competition right? I don't want to make this an attack on you as a poster by any stretch, but to break his contributions down in this specific post as you have done comes across as completely ungrateful and without a whole lot of class.

For those who think we're above this type of player and that he doesn't need replacing need to consider why we turned to him in 65 separate occasions in two seasons.

Am I saying his time with us was a blinding success in every way? No but it has been very handy having him around and will wish him all the best for the next step.

Last edited:
He was a good signing in theory, but did not suit our style of play and the plan B never worked as the team couldn't seem to be able to provide what he needed. Good luck to him in the future.

He was a good signing in theory, but did not suit our style of play and the plan B never worked as the team couldn't seem to be able to provide what he needed. Good luck to him in the future.
Did not work some of the time, but worked a charm other times. You can't expect a player to always have an impact in every single game he plays, especially when playing the odd 5-10 mins towards the end of games. As @Jordinho said, he had enough of an impact to get us to a CL final and that alone was well worth what he cost us. Not only in monetary terms, but also in terms of the club's prestige. We may not have been in a position to sign players of Ndombele's caliber had we gone out in the round of 16.

Yes, I agree. Always difficult to draw conclusions from just 2 data points however I wonder whether the learning Janssen and Llorente signings is that they're too different in style to Kane. We're obviously never going to sign someone as good as Kane however when we play Son up top when Kane is out we're still do pretty well. You could argue that this is because Son has decent movement like Kane does...so maybe thats the sort of back-up we should look for in terms of style. And before someone asks...I cant tell you who that player is given I dont have access to a scouting network to support me!

It's not like assists matter at all or that some of his performances were paramount in our finest run in Europe's top tier competition right? I don't want to make this an attack on you as a poster by any stretch, but to break his contributions down in this specific post as you have done comes across as completely ungrateful and without a whole lot of class.

For those who think we're above this type of player and that he doesn't need replacing need to consider why we turned to him in 65 separate occasions in two seasons.

Am I saying his time with us was a blinding success in every way? No but it has been very handy having him around and will wish him all the best for the next step.

I happy that he is going, in that I think its the right time and we each need to move on.

Im very happy we signed him, and I cant think of a single reason by which it could be argued he wasnt worth signing/wasnt worth the money he has cost.

Even the 1% that are eunuchs?

What do you think?

tumblr_m5ujr9eInl1qgy4djo1_500.gif

Has there been any official announcement yet that Llorente has been released? I know he is out of contract now but the club normally still put something out about released players don't they?

Has there been any official announcement yet that Llorente has been released? I know he is out of contract now but the club normally still put something out about released players don't they?
Not sure, but he's not in the squad list, so that's a pretty good indication. That said, neither is Ndombele :eek:, but Jack Clarke is!

Back