• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fernando Llorente

Wondered many times over the last few years why we signed him.

In 2019, he’s shown us why. Fair play to him. Wanted him taken off after 60 mins and he goes and does that. Tremendous.

He's played his part ..

That said, saw the game live on Saturday and the amount of time he was on shoulder of last defender waiting for an early pass that never came was eye opening for me. We really don't play to the guys strengths and he still comes on after no game time for months and does his best.

That hip goal cements his place in the folklore of the club ..

He's played his part ..

That said, saw the game live on Saturday and the amount of time he was on shoulder of last defender waiting for an early pass that never came was eye opening for me. We really don't play to the guys strengths and he still comes on after no game time for months and does his best.

That hip goal cements his place in the folklore of the club ..

We’ve definitely learnt after his Watford miss to aim for the hip and not the knee. Footballs a game of inches.

Lead the line again and did it well, we still do not play to his strengths enough but he got the goal that mattered.

so frustrating to watch nonethless. fluffs the simple header, but attempts the outrageous goal from his hip in mid air.

so frustrating to watch nonethless. fluffs the simple header, but attempts the outrageous goal from his hip in mid air.
For such a big guy, it is a surprise that he seems to struggle with headers. His hold-up play is decent though, but it would be really nice to have a true target man.

Didn’t think that header was all that easy to be honest. Not a huge amount of pace on the ball and he had a lot to do to beat Ederson.

With Llorente, at half time v Fulham I thought this bugger is never going to do anything for us. An og in the game that was his big chance? But he’s been very good since then and he’s always been ultra professional and spoken well of us. Delighted for the big man.

This is the best photo. fudging brilliant.

D4YooD1WwAIR3wk.jpg:large

Experienced, born leader, played at some of the biggest clubs in the world, champions league experience and it's proving vital at the moment. He just gets it and knows what it takes.

People still want to slag him off, but I'd keep him in our team until he wants to retire, if he'd stay.

He's an incredible influence on our younger players and will help cultivate the club culture that Poch desperately wants.

Back