• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fernando Llorente

ArcspacE

Banned
Would absolutely love it if we can pull this one off - immense player

Athletic Bilbao forward Fernando Llorente open to Premier League offers

Last updated: 12th December 2012

The Athletic Bilbao forward is a free agent when his contract expires at the end of the season and has been heavily linked with a move to Italian giants Juventus.

But speaking on Revista de La Liga, the Spain international said he is a fan of English football and would be open to offers of a switch to the Premier League.

"It is true that we are approaching the date when I can sign for other clubs," Llorente said.

"I'm trying to keep it so that it is something which is managed by my brother and my representatives. That leaves me to focus in my football and help my team, Athletic, and nothing else, maintain focus.

"I really like the Premier League and I've mentioned on more than one occasion that it's a league which appeals to me a lot.

"You never know. It's one good option in terms of my future but we'll have to wait until the end of the season to see what happens."

After failing to agree a new contract with Athletic Bilbao, Llorente would be allowed to start speaking clubs outside Spain from the start of January.

But he denied that a deal is already in place to sign for Juventus, despite rumours that the Serie A champions would be willing to move for the forward in the winter transfer window.

"No. That's totally untrue," he said.

"I think it's normal that people talk about these things, but ultimately you have to respect the rules.

"I am an Athletic player and, until January 1, I cannot sign with any other team."

Decision

Llorente, who was part of Spain's World Cup and Euro 2012 winning squads, has only made nine league appearances for Bilbao this season after failing to agree a new contract last summer.

But the 27-year-old says he only made his mind up to leave the club when the supporters turned against him following a series of negative press reports.

"I made the decision at the start of the season," he explained.

"We were playing a Europa League qualification game at San Mames and I noticed a significant deterioration in the relationship between the fans and me due to my protracted contract negotiations.

"Everything the press had written about me in the newspapers was pejorative and they succeeded in turning the fans against me.

"It was when I became fully aware of how that situation had affected the supporters that I made the decision.

"Ultimately you have to bear the situation for a long time and you get tired of living like that."

http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,,12385_8326912,00.html

Although bigger clubs probably are interested in him, this is a deal that has Levy written all over. Amazing striker!

I heard the journos on the Lifes a Pitch YouTube channel say that they thought he is bound for Juve.

Although bigger clubs probably are interested in him, this is a deal that has Levy written all over. Amazing striker!

There are 250,000 reasons a week why it's absolutely not a Levy deal.

Low fee, huge wage deals are Arsenal's specialities - we tend to go for the opposite (i.e. high fee, low wage)

Low fee, huge wage deals are Arsenal's specialities - we tend to go for the opposite (i.e. high fee, low wage)

I don't think he'll get anywhere near 250.000 a week at his next club. Given his non existent season I think other strikers like Falcao and Lewandowski have become more attractive, which will attract the few clubs that are actually willing to pay 250.000 a week for a striker. If Arsenal are interested, they might have a slight advantage, but I think Levy could structure a deal with sign on fee etc. that might interest him. With the 7M transfer fee that has been mentioned in the papers, Llorente is an absolute bargain, which is why I think Levy will pursue this.

I don't think he'll get anywhere near 250.000 a week at his next club. Given his non existent season I think other strikers like Falcao and Lewandowski have become more attractive, which will attract the few clubs that are actually willing to pay 250.000 a week for a striker. If Arsenal are interested, they might have a slight advantage, but I think Levy could structure a deal with sign on fee etc. that might interest him. With the 7M transfer fee that has been mentioned in the papers, Llorente is an absolute bargain, which is why I think Levy will pursue this.

Not really; not for us anyway. He's the same age as Ade, a similar type player, and no better.

I think we'd be much better finding someone in their early 20s who is a bit quicker and sharper in front of goal (but also big and able to play the lone role).

Agree. Think we'll only sign Moutinho; and at a stretch Willian, if AVB can convince Levy to give him a big chunk of the Bale cash in advance.

I would be amazed if we spent more than 10m in the January transfer window, nevermind the 45m+ it'd take to bring those two in. Even if Jenas Bentley Carlo and Gomes moved on.

Not really; not for us anyway. He's the same age as Ade, a similar type player, and no better.

I think we'd be much better finding someone in their early 20s who is a bit quicker and sharper in front of goal (but also big and able to play the lone role).

I know this is a subjective matter but IMO Llorente would be a huge upgrade on Adebayor (not that I don't rate Ade).

I know this is a subjective matter but IMO Llorente would be a huge upgrade on Adebayor (not that I don't rate Ade).

Thing is, although he's skillful too, Llorente's success has mainly come from bullying small, weak Spanish defenders. I think it would take him a year or two to adjust to the power and pace of the EPL. And at 28, it may be too late for him to do that.

Ade is far more mobile and better at linking up play. Llorente is better in the air and a bit better finisher. For an EPL #9 though, Ade edges it for me.

I think it depends on the structuring of the deal - and no way would Llorente be one of the highest-paid players in the world at his next club. Say we grab him on a free in the summer, then we could offer a large amount up front to keep his wages down - essentially paying a transfer free to the player and his agent.

I think it depends on the structuring of the deal - and no way would Llorente be one of the highest-paid players in the world at his next club. Say we grab him on a free in the summer, then we could offer a large amount up front to keep his wages down - essentially paying a transfer free to the player and his agent.
Essentially doing a Sol. That is how I think it will be-maybe Llorente will pick us over Chelsea. Torres is under the spotlight there.

Chelsea beat us to Cahill because Levy wouldn't play that sort of game.

Llorente and Ade up front together would be formidable! Would love to see that. Both very technically gifted, but could stand their ground against almost all center backs as well.

Very unlikely it will happen. Arse are a more likely destination. He would have to become the highest paid player at spurs or match Ade's wages for it to be possible.

Back