• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Federico Fazio

Think I have to agree with Luton on this. The guy looks good and doesn't panic, but he was caught out on a couple of occasions tonight. With an improvement in the way we defend that area in front of the back four I think he'll be fine though.

I thought he started off a bit shaky but definitely grew as the game went on. Calm on the ball, superb in the air. Remember that is his first game against English opposition, but I think he'll soon enough become part of the first choice pairing at center half

Night and day with in and Verts compared to Kab and Chirc. Its the latter two who should be second choice.

I'd certainly agree on that, there werent too many heart in mouth moments. He's very good in the air, and as you say will grown in confidence with Jan beside him. When Kab and Chirc play your always concerned one of them is going to make an error.

Anyone else think he looks like Lou Ferrigno?

Looks pretty comfortable on the ball, as well as having the physical attributes to be prepared for lumbering centre forwards. Haven't seen what his pace is like yet, as alongside Vertonghen we may be lacking in that area

I'd certainly agree on that, there werent too many heart in mouth moments. He's very good in the air, and as you say will grown in confidence with Jan beside him. When Kab and Chirc play your always concerned one of them is going to make an error.

Chirches has been a little sloppy in last couple of games, but I bet in general he would look just as solid as Verts does playing alongside Fazio rather than Kaboul...

Kaboul is a walking accident. As for Fazio, i lofe defenders who can rescue their mistakes. Twice Fazio lost oit in the first challenge but got back well. No defender is ever going to win ever challenge.

He's a bit of a monster isn't he. Hopefully can chip in with a few goals off set pieces.
That shot he had certainly had some venom on it too!

Who do you think Poch was thinking Fazio would replace when he brought him in?
Most on here would say Vertonghen - Fazio would be a clear favourite pairing but having made Kaboul captain do you think he has been working towards a Kaboul - Fazio pairing as first choice!?

...or was it just a case of, he's decent and gettable and we need another CB so we won't worry about who is first choice because we have a lots of games.

Most on here would say Vertonghen - Fazio would be a clear favourite pairing but having made Kaboul captain do you think he has been working towards a Kaboul - Fazio pairing as first choice!?

...or was it just a case of, he's decent and gettable and we need another CB so we won't worry about who is first choice because we have a lots of games.

I think we'll see a Kaboul/Fazio first-choice pair before the season's out. Poch was saying in the post-match after Saturday that there's something special about Kaboul. He's supposed to really rate Fazio too.

;)

Not a good debut unfortunately. What was poch thinking. Him and kaboul are the slowest cb pairing I've seen in years.

I am going to vouch for Fazio too. Mobile and string, good read of the game. Oh he can speak English, why not vice captain.

old_mobile_phones_001.jpg

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/10/21/fazio-on-where-he-thinks-tottenham-need-to-improve/

Fazio was shown a red card during the game and has praised Tottenham’s travelling support, stating that he’s not happy with his individual performance or the team’s collective performance.

“The fans were amazing - For all those people in the away area and all the Tottenham fans I wanted to win today,” he told Tottenham’s website.

“We showed more than just fight and passion in the game. We competed well but we can still be more aggressive and do more to win games.”

Spurs could be found guilty of giving Emirates Marketing Project a little too much respect and it’s important they respond well against Saudi Sportswashing Machine this weekend.

While Fazio won’t feature in that game, he’ll likely play in the Europa League match against Asteras Tripolis this Thursday, which will give him a chance to redeem himself and send Spurs into the weekend with a win under their belts.

“It was my Premier League debut and I should be happy but I’m not because I wanted to win, I always want to win. We’ve got to work hard as a team now to compete in the upcoming games.”

“The way we played was good but now we have to get back on the training pitch and prepare ourselves for the Europa League game on Thursday.”

How low have we sank ffs?

We lost 4-1 and our players still try and spin bull**** like "we showed more than just fight and passion in the game"? it's like we're a ****ing conference team putting up a good fight against a premier league team.

We lost 4-1 and our players still try and spin bull**** like "we showed more than just fight and passion in the game"? it's like we're a ****ing conference team putting up a good fight against a premier league team.

Does anyone know if we tried to contest Fazio's sending off seeing that he wasnt the last man?

On the point about spin bullXXXX .. Yeah, we dont need to hear this. Fazio is new to the game here so perhaps he was just trying to thank the fans and speak positively?

I think after Kaboul's poor performance on saturday he's on his last warning for me. Another bad performance and he should be dropped. Thankfully he wont be up against someone of Ageuros quality every week

What? This is an issue now? Speaking positively about our performance when we lost away to City is a bad thing?

And he said that we showed more than just fight and passion. How is that like a conference team putting up a good fight? He's talking about doing more than just showing fight and passion. Stuff like creating chances, passing the ball around, playing football. How is this an issue?

And how is it a ****ing issue for a player to be positive about our team and performances at all? To try to put a positive spin on a painful loss? Should he just dig a hole and sit in it and mope for 5 days until the next game comes around or should he try to instill some positivity and confidence in the other players?

Back