• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Federico Fazio

Is he anything like Samba? Always wanted a beast in the air!

Of the 211 players to contest 50 or more aerial duels in La Liga last season, Fazio had the best success rate at 77.4 per cent, with the centre-back putting his monstrous 6'5" frame to good use. His average of 4.4 aerial duels won per league game was better than any Spurs player, with predecessor Dawson the closest to matching that with 4.1.

To put that into context, of all the players still at the club, fellow centre-back Jan Vertonghen won the most headed battles per league game last season, with just 2.5 in comparison.

Dominant in the air, Fazio is more than capable of defending when the ball is on the deck, too. The powerful defender also averaged more interceptions per game (3.3) than any Spurs player last term – Etienne Capoue’s 2.5 was closest to matching that – highlighting his impressive reading of the game. This will suit the high defensive line manager Mauricio Pochettino’s deploys, where he prefers his defence to move up the pitch as a unit to plug the gap between the backline and the midfield.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/totte...rate-la-liga-140828110614#Yt7BsA2w7X8uYKoI.99

Is he anything like Samba? Always wanted a beast in the air!

Seems like it. Capable of dominating what are physically very strong centre backs and strikers in the air. Pretty rare.

Perhaps we can throw him on a striker if we struggle against Liverpool? Classic Samba tactic ;)

For his height, he sure is nimble on the ground. Can see why Poch went for him as a Dawson replacement

True. We're well on our way to having most of our defenders be very talented on the ball.

was fazio watching today's game ?
he should be to be gaining confidence :)

Thought I saw him behind the bench (on TV).

International break now, chance to work with at least some of the players on the training ground for Poch. Wouldn't be surprised to see Fazio start after the break.

Kaboul was terrible today, gave the ball away to lead up to the penalty and generally has gone backwards since that injury, how's he skipper i dont know. I think Fed needs to start the next game for sure!

Yep, I'm hoping to see Fazio start v Sunderland. And quite soon after I hope Vlad/Dier and Faz get a chance to play together.

Kaboul was terrible today, gave the ball away to lead up to the penalty and generally has gone backwards since that injury, how's he skipper i dont know. I think Fed needs to start the next game for sure!

Erm see what happened to our last skipper ;)

Surprised not to see anything about that whack job now banning Fazio from their stadium!! He was planning on bidding former teammates and fans a final farewell after 7 years there and he's now got to do so in another stadium....

The bloke seems as deranged as Vincent tan - I hope fazio didn't use his business phone...

Surprised not to see anything about that whack job now banning Fazio from their stadium!! He was planning on bidding former teammates and fans a final farewell after 7 years there and he's now got to do so in another stadium....

The bloke seems as deranged as Vincent tan - I hope fazio didn't use his business phone...

Chairman trying to somehow make out to the fans that the player was the villain of the piece to disguise the fact that he did a poor job and hadn't increased the players contract (and release clause) to reflect his true value to the team....

Clearly our best CB. The rest are very much of a muchness. Maybe partner him with Dier?

Back