• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Federico Fazio

So did Real Madrid think "Well we've got Ronaldo, he is the best player in the World and he will play every game for us, so we don't really need anyone else". Or did they go out and try to buy the best player that they could find that had similar attributes to Ronaldo?
Um yeah, like we're Real Madrid and can buy 4 world class players in every position.

Um yeah, like we're Real Madrid and can buy 4 world class players in every position.
We don't have to have 4 World class players for every position. We don't even have to have 2 World class players in every position, but a single back-up option who we could play without having to change the type of game that we play surely should be a minimum requirement? Your point was that Ronaldo plays every game for Real Madrid, so why shouldn't Kane do the same for us.... My point was that despite Ronaldo having a very good injury record, Real Madrid still look to ensure they have a contingency plan buying another player with very similar attributes to their best player.

We don't have to have 4 World class players for every position. We don't even have to have 2 World class players in every position, but a single back-up option who we could play without having to change the type of game that we play surely should be a minimum requirement? Your point was that Ronaldo plays every game for Real Madrid, so why shouldn't Kane do the same for us.... My point was that despite Ronaldo having a very good injury record, Real Madrid still look to ensure they have a contingency plan buying another player with very similar attributes to their best player.

We won't have to change our type of game should we have to play Dier at CB though - Dembele showed against Liverpool he can play at CM in place of Dier and play just as well (arguably if not better)

Real Madrid? Plan? o_O They just buy as many AMs as they can get their hands on.

We won't have to change our type of game should we have to play Dier at CB though - Dembele showed against Liverpool he can play at CM in place of Dier and play just as well (arguably if not better)
I was thinking more abour our complete lack of cover for Kane as opposed to our paucity of options at centre half. To consider that however - while I agree with you that we could shift Dier and Dembele both back a position I think doing this would lose us Dembele's dynamism in the box to box role.... With Mason being close to a return I guess that will be less of an issue, but if I'm honest I don't like moving players around to cover a single injury. I would rather keep Dier in the number 4 role and Dembele in the number 8 role.

I was thinking more abour our complete lack of cover for Kane as opposed to our paucity of options at centre half. To consider that however - while I agree with you that we could shift Dier and Dembele both back a position I think doing this would lose us Dembele's dynamism in the box to box role.... With Mason being close to a return I guess that will be less of an issue, but if I'm honest I don't like moving players around to cover a single injury. I would rather keep Dier in the number 4 role and Dembele in the number 8 role.

Sorry I jumped in thinking you was talking about the CB situation - personally I too would prefer not to be forced in to making a change elsewhere should Wimmer/Toby need replacing, however I think we can only presume by our actions that the manager does not agree - I can see his thinking, as per my previous post, regardless of whether I agree.

Re Kane and cover, again I would prefer some cover, Austin would have been ideal as a stop gap and Berahino would have been great (and fwiw I think it'll happen in the summer) but outside of that - in terms of just getting another body in I think it could just be a case that Poch thinks a plan B of a false 9 with our existing options is better than the alternative options

Sorry I jumped in thinking you was talking about the CB situation - personally I too would prefer not to be forced in to making a change elsewhere should Wimmer/Toby need replacing, however I think we can only presume by our actions that the manager does not agree - I can see his thinking, as per my previous post, regardless of whether I agree.

Re Kane and cover, again I would prefer some cover, Austin would have been ideal as a stop gap and Berahino would have been great (and fwiw I think it'll happen in the summer) but outside of that - in terms of just getting another body in I think it could just be a case that Poch thinks a plan B of a false 9 with our existing options is better than the alternative options
I also would've been pleased with Austin, but I wonder whether we were reluctant to hand out a large 4.5 year contract knowing that our real target can be landed in the summer. I probably agree with you that Berahino will be signed in the Summer, although the money that will be sloshing around in the PL this Summer is likely to mean transfer fees becoming even higher. It really wouldn't surprise me to see WBA getting their £25+ million for him.

Erm...goodbye, I guess? The second bargain bin from our infamous on-the-cheap Stambo-Fazio duet of shattered dreams and tears after a summer of trying to sign Schneiderlin, Rodriguez and Musacchio.

I liked his headbutt on some c*nt when he tried to front up to Lloris - he defended our keeper very well in that instance, which sadly can't be said for the rest of his career with us.

Never kicked up a fuss, though, and a decent guy by all accounts. Adios, Fede2Fazio. Hope it goes better for you in Sevilla.

Terrible defender. Didn't he get sent off on his début for us too against City?

It wouldn't be a single injury though would it? It would be a second injury after the first injury of Vertonghen, no?

Erm...goodbye, I guess? The second bargain bin from our infamous on-the-cheap Stambo-Fazio duet of shattered dreams and tears after a summer of trying to sign Schneiderlin, Rodriguez and Musacchio.

I liked his headbutt on some c*nt when he tried to front up to Lloris - he defended our keeper very well in that instance, which sadly can't be said for the rest of his career with us.

Never kicked up a fuss, though, and a decent guy by all accounts. Adios, Fede2Fazio. Hope it goes better for you in Sevilla.

Goodbye in deed. Both him and Stambouli did a covering job while others found their feet and the mess that was our squad post AVB and Sherwood was sorted out impressively quickly. Only the extremely negative can look back at this point and describe our situation 12-18 months ago as "shattered dreams". I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but actually ignoring the final outcome surely isn't any better?

I

Goodbye in deed. Both him and Stambouli did a covering job while others found their feet and the mess that was our squad post AVB and Sherwood was sorted out impressively quickly. Only the extremely negative can look back at this point and describe our situation 12-18 months ago as "shattered dreams". I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but actually ignoring the final outcome surely isn't any better?

Good post.

Back