• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Federico Fazio

If that one game is anything to go by then he has some attributes of the Argentine Defenders of old. Off the ball stuff could get him in a lot of trouble here.

Would hope he is dominant in the air. Even With Kaboul, Vertonghen, Dier and Capoue on Saturday Caulker got a free header and should have scored. Looked like Younnes lost his man.

Not Kaboul, I think, it was Dier.

8 million for Fazio is as reported everywhere but how did they come up with 6 for Dawson, which is twice as much as talked about?!?!

I notice they say we "signed" Fazio for £8m but Dawson went in a deal "worth" £6m.

I don't know whether they are just varying their language but I wonder if the Daws figures include wages?

Sounds like the ideal CB for Dier or Verts to play alongside and may well get us a few goals at the other end. From that it reads like he is a leader at the back who reads the game. All sounds positive so far.

I like the idea of getting in another captain as well - we've been lacking on field leaders for years. Now we'll have Verts, Lloris, Fazio, arguably Kaboul....

I notice they say we "signed" Fazio for £8m but Dawson went in a deal "worth" £6m.

I don't know whether they are just varying their language but I wonder if the Daws figures include wages?

Might be wrong but could it be if you sign someone "for" 8 million, the deal is straight up 8 m, but if the deal is "worth" 6m then there are things like bonus for appearances/goals/national caps that can eventually bring the value of the deal up to 6 million?

Language is an odd thing, especially in football...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2177289-is-federico-fazio-future-tottenham-hotspur-transfer-bust

He anchored Sevilla's back line, was a motivating leader on the field and helped the club win the UEFA Europa League last season.

Fazio's sizeable height advantage enables him to dominate aerially in defence and attack (set-piece threat).

849d56e5490a0a4d99b1a222e884837b.gif

Credit: LigaBBVA.com

aef24d963e7e8f2b4be238c99ea526e6.gif

Fazio won more headers last season than Jan Vertonghen, Vlad Chiriches and Younes Kaboul combined.
League Only 2013-14Total Headers WonHeaders Won Per GameHeightWeight
Federico Fazio1204.46'5"187 lbs
Jan Vertonghen572.56'3"190 lbs
Vlad Chiriches251.56'1"165 lbs
Younes Kaboul292.26'0"165 lbs
52cfbc3588e240fc82182ff4d756c643_crop_exact.png
Credit: Squawka.com

9e2f307c81eb7e00708acf39b3cb98d9_crop_exact.png
Credit: Squawka.com

Fazio Negatives
Fazio possesses the two detrimental traits that could make him a transfer bust:

• David Luiz's inconsistency.
  • Titus Bramble's concentration levels.
Lacking awareness, Fazio failed to attack the ball that bounced into the path of Real Madrid left-forward Cristiano Ronaldo.
3d6c2256752863f842deee9749ed65e0.gif

Switching off, Fazio inadvertently headed the ball to Athletic Bilbao centre-forward Gaizka Toquero.
2ce7eed531febc17069ba780077ddb49.gif

Misreading the flight of the ball, Fazio exposed Sevilla's entire flank as Real Sociedad right attacking midfielder Carlos Vela charged forward.
437db3d8a5de6339e2b7c96b3548469c.gif

Fazio shoved Christian Stuani gift-wrapping Espanyol a penalty.

159bb40fd1d9d7cab53f5971cccd4de1.gif

Outwitted by David Barral, Fazio tripped the Levante centre-forward to concede a daft penalty.
7006d82dcc39808a92a92ebfae80efd9.gif

Unnecessarily making contact with Real Betis centre-forward Jorge Molina, Fazio gave away another penalty.
1ecf1017b7f858a93691cc53107648d9.gif

A step behind play, Fazio took down then-Malaga (now Fiorentina) right attacking midfielder Joaquin to get red carded.
f41f77a1fb674a724c12bb0e9f3c0679.gif

Putting Sevilla in a disadvantaged situation (again), Fazio impeded Atletico Madrid winger Koke and was dismissed.
f187da351ef703d678bffbdbfe52deb9.gif

The thing is no matter what anyone says on here and no matter how many examples you can find of him making a mistake, for some reason I have absolute confidence in whoever Poch earmarks to sign even if he was second choice. Maybe its blind faith but especially when it comes to defenders Im sure they will be successful, especially being coached by him....

So we are signing a player who was below Demichelis in the Argentina pecking order for the world cup? :rolleyes:

I hope his ball distribution is better from what i've seen on you tube. His forward passes are fine....cept they end up with the opposition....

anyway

Coys,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Btw....whats happened to Chiriches?? i have lost track....:oops:

He put some great first class tackles in..and his ball distribution was OK.

Back