• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Federico Fazio

Jokes aside, I remember that Bayern was having a big headache dealing with Bilbao. They never sell their better players and would rather have their players run down their contracts (i.e., Llorente). Bayern lined up an army of lawyers and in the end, javi Martinez had to buy out his own contract, and somehow Bayern figured out that they did not owe tax. I think it was the same way with Manure. Ander Herrera bought out his own contract from Bilbao and I don't remember seeing anywhere that manure had to pay extra tax.

You probably didn't read about it but that doesn't mean that they didn't pay it.

I don't know about manure's deal but I specifically read in the Kicker magazine that Bayern indeed ended up paying no tax, and that they would not have gone thru with it otherwise as the deal was so expensive as it was. Bilbao also blocked all communications with bayern and the entire deal was done thru players agent without Bilbao's consent.

Last edited:
I don't know about manure's deal but I specifically read in the Kicker magazine that Bayern indeed ended up paying no tax, and that they would not have gone thru with it otherwise as the deal was so expensive as it was. Bilbao also blocked all communications with bayern and the entire deal was done thru players agent without Bilbao's consent.

Fair enough.

Maybe Daniel will have a word with them to find out how they did it? Will save on solicitor's fees as well.

[video=youtube;5xDwv_RyrTw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xDwv_RyrTw[/video]

Next Chelsea game could be interesting...

If that one game is anything to go by then he has some attributes of the Argentine Defenders of old. Off the ball stuff could get him in a lot of trouble here.

Would hope he is dominant in the air. Even With Kaboul, Vertonghen, Dier and Capoue on Saturday Caulker got a free header and should have scored. Looked like Younnes lost his man.

If that one game is anything to go by then he has some attributes of the Argentine Defenders of old. Off the ball stuff could get him in a lot of trouble here.

Would hope he is dominant in the air. Even With Kaboul, Vertonghen, Dier and Capoue on Saturday Caulker got a free header and should have scored. Looked like Younnes lost his man.
Neither Kab or Jan are good in the air defensively, which is why I wanted us to keep Daws, but if we're getting Fazio then fine. I don't think Cap's that good in the air either, though not sure on that one. I don't know enough about Dier. What I do know is Caulker is a monster at attacking set pieces, and I'm very pleased we got away with a clean sheet on Sunday.

The Caulker chance was actually down to Dier losing his man but Kabs did have a few occasions where he could've done a little better using his head against qpr.

That video is great. We've needed someone with that sort of attitude for a while now IMO. He's quite a big fella too

The Caulker chance was actually down to Dier losing his man but Kabs did have a few occasions where he could've done a little better using his head against qpr.

That video is great. We've needed someone with that sort of attitude for a while now IMO. He's quite a big fella too

Neither Jan or Kab are good in the air defensively, hence with Daws leaving we need Fazio in ASAP.

8 million for Fazio is as reported everywhere but how did they come up with 6 for Dawson, which is twice as much as talked about?!?!

8 million for Fazio is as reported everywhere but how did they come up with 6 for Dawson, which is twice as much as talked about?!?!

Talked about by who? Sky Sports? I couldnt for one minute believe Levy who is notorious for selling players above their value would sell Dawson for £3m....

Here is a write up about him in the Real game recently by an SC poster called Kabouls Forehead. Makes for good reading:

Here we go. Fazio vs Madrid, Super Cup. #2 playing LCB. All given in good faith and I have not ignored his faults/errors to make a point. I have no agenda as until now I had never focused on him ENTIRELY in a game. I didn't watch the game, I watched him. All written in good faith. Hope you all find this insightful and please share.

-Giant of a man. Drifts into fill LB at the right times. At corners, uses strength rather than jumping ability to win headers. Won almost all headers from corners that weren't played short or failed to get passed near post.

-drops the deepest out of all CB's, operating as almost a CB/Sweeper hybrid. ALWAYS instructing his defensive colleagues and physically pointing out potential danger.

-looks to pass forward and opts to pass short only as a last resort or to allow his team time to slot back into positions.

-outstanding reading of the game to intercept a 25yard pass to Ronaldo and then surges forward to the pitch centre before displaying great strength and ball control to fend off Pepe with ease before releasing the ball forward accurately.

-darts forward 3-4yards with relatively impressive acceleration to head clear a ball from a corner. Absolute powerhouse who even Pepe and Ramos seem to shy away from having a mid-air tussle with.

-deflects a Bale long shot as he jumps and turns away from the shot. Not as brave as I would like from a CB 'hard man' but hey, this is a Bale shot and he was only standing 5 yards away.

-shows at least twice that he can head clear, from a corner, the ball 35 yards up the pitch.

-whistle is blown for offside but not before Fazio launches his body in an attempt to block a Ronaldo close range shot, which turns out to be a dummy, leaving Fazio helpless on the floor. But hey, don't forget the "Ronaldo factor".

-love this. Ref calls captains Pepe and Fazio over to ask them to tell their players to chill. fazio dwarfs Pepe and the Madrid "hard man" looks **** scared of Fazio and I'm absolutely Serious about that:usually he is mouthing off.

-Fazio almost wins the header from a Seville corner, but it's no surprise he doesn't because he was assigned to be TRIPLE marked and still almost made the ball his. True monster of a player.

-Fazio superbly heads the ball over the Seville bar from nearly off the line from a tricky Coentrao cross. Beaten on the turn by Ronaldo due to Ronaldo's excellence rather than Fazio's inability.

-at no real fault for Ronaldo's later goal as he was rightly marking Benzema following a truly gorgeous cross from Bale.

***BIG POINT***--- if Fazio wasn't also having to think for his 3 defensive colleagues and always pointing out danger to them perhaps he would be allowed more time and more concentration span to allocate to his own defensive duties. Partnered with a more reliable Verts may allow Fazio to do his own job [even better] without having to also think for his teammates.

-Final point from the first 45mins, and you won't believe me but here goes. Fazio (hereby called "Fastio") and Ronaldo are both sprinting back down towards Seville's goal and Fazio OVERTAKES Ronaldo. At a calculated guess, I'd say Ronaldo was running at 90% top speed with Fazio at 100%, but still very impressive from the big man.

-Fazio leaps but somehow misses a header to clear a cross. Almost leads to a big chance and was a header well within his reach.

Not many tackles to win, but great intercepting and strength. These two things, coupled with his heading, are his strong points. Oh and his fear factor.

Sounds like the ideal CB for Dier or Verts to play alongside and may well get us a few goals at the other end. From that it reads like he is a leader at the back who reads the game. All sounds positive so far.

Back