• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Federico Fazio

Daisuk

Les Medley
Sounds like a done deal. :-k

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...as-federico-fazio-in-hunt-for-new-centre-half

Emery, whose side play Valencia in their opening La Liga fixture on Saturday, said: “Federico belongs to our staff but he has little or no chance of playing for us tomorrow.

“We cannot deny the fact he gave a very high level of performance in his last game, the Super Cup, which was instrumental in teams being interested.

“Clearly we would all prefer him to stay, but thinking about tomorrow's game we will have to look elsewhere. The player has constantly given his all to Sevilla. It remains only that we wish him well.

“When I arrived he was criticised as a player and about to leave for an amount much lower than this. But he has grown so much, and in his renewed contract his price was set far above what was previously offered for him.

“But his performances have been so high that he has outgrown that clause. Fazio is worth more than that, but those are the rules of the game."

Woops, didn't see him being discussed in the "central defenders" thread. Delete, if you wish. :)

He was on that stellar Argentinian team that won the U-20 World Cup in Canada in '07. I saw them play three times. Team mates included Aguero, Di Maria, Zarate and Ever Banega. Good company.

Sounds like this could happen. 10m Euro. The French are reporting he will not be in the squad to face Valencia tonight so lets wait and see. That should tell us.

He has a leaving clause at 10m Euro which we have activated so no big negotiations really.

Hes argentinian, like Poch and very tall, 1M95!!!

I wouldnt worry about Poch picking argentinian central defenders, he must know all about them!

Fazio has been at the same club for nearly Ten years now, and I like that. Shows he is serious and at 27 ready to move on. Has been playing 40 games last season and scores 2/3 goals a season. Has always played 30 games in the last 5 seasons which is good.

Get him in.

From the little I've read/seen of him, seems like an excellent buy. We need another CB, and he seems to want to play for us, and plays for a team that's been far more successful than us in recent years, so seems a good deal.

To be honest he looks more adapted to the Premiership than Mussaccio. Argentinian defenders are probably among the best in the world at that position. He is much better than the typical Dawsons with the ball to feet as well.

He should have but he didn't , so did Mussachio .

Manager's preference.

Yeah, slight worry to think that Fazio is second choice for us behind Musacchio and neither of them being good enough for Argentina's World Cup squad. Arguably making Fazio the 6th best Argentinian centre back at best, a position where Argentina are a bit troubled actually.

But like you say, manager's preference and all that. Can't read too much into it.

Highly respected (by me at least) Norwegian scout Tor Kristian Karlsen on Fazio https://twitter.com/karlsentk/with_replies:

Reported Spurs target Federico Fazio (Sevilla) probably rates among the five most talented centre-backs I've ever seen (1/2)

Outstanding in the 2007 U20 WC, had to change his game somewhat following a serious injury a few years ago. Still interesting though (2/2)

Followed up with:

Re previous tweets on Federico Fazio: among most talented I've seen back in the day (2007). Then followed injuries etc

And:

he used to be fairly quick for his size but injuries have somewhat compromised his mobility

Used to be VERY good on FM.

15FedericoFazio.png

Back