• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FAVOURITE AWAY GAME(S)

Don't recall it to be honest, if it was, it was slight, unlike the old Oxford ground (Manor Ground in Headington I think) where the slope was so noticeable a winger could knock it past a defender run along and the ball would curve back into his path. That's been developed into residential now.

Going back to the Dell, which is also residential now, this is what could have become of White Hart Lane;

View attachment 9301
I meant the stand
The rear went down from top to bottom as if there was something behind that needed to see the corner... I’ll look it up to see if I’m imagining it

Don't recall it to be honest, if it was, it was slight, unlike the old Oxford ground (Manor Ground in Headington I think) where the slope was so noticeable a winger could knock it past a defender run along and the ball would curve back into his path. That's been developed into residential now.

Going back to the Dell, which is also residential now, this is what could have become of White Hart Lane;

View attachment 9301
Jesus, that is a horrible transformation. Mind you, it was a horrible ground, only 15k capacity!
BedfordSpurs, you are not wrong about that horrific stand:

It was a horrible stand and bricky view!
I never went but remember it on MOTD
And always loved watching Le Tissier there too
I was the new ground when we played them in the cup and got spanked
Spurs fans were trying to get other fans to riot and get on the pitch to get the game abandoned ...

Back