• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Famous Spurs Fans

I'm reading his book on America and Trump at the moment, so:

Jon Sopel, BBC North America Editor - Yiddo!

It's called "If only they didn't speak English"

The differences between us and how US citizens see things, and the Donald is front and centre of course. Sopel, as you probably know, is the BBC Washington Correspondent. Enjoying it.

Sam Warburton, massive Spurs fan, him and his dad come up quite often, named his dog Ledley too, knows Bale very well same year in school and all that,if we need a contact to get Bale back get him to do the job!!
Rob Howley,Wales rugby manager as well,big fan.

Sadly had to announce his retirement today,be a big miss with Wales,hopefully see him on the pitch at half time at the new Lane.

Cliff Jones 83 today. What a player, what a man. I can't imagine what he would be worth today, he had everything and was one of the toughest men I've seen, in a time when wingers were often put into the crowd and it was OK to go through the back of your legs in a tackle he would just get up and make a mug of the fullback again, fantastic header of the ball for his height. I went to stadium tour 2 years ago and he was host, lots of great stories and in the dressing room he got down and did 10 pressups. The love he has for the club ouzes out of him. Happy birthday Cliff.

The magnificent Cliff Jones is 84 today.

It is not often I wish my life away but I sometimes wish I were a bit older so I could've seen him at his peak. Even at the end of his career, much of it spent as a sub, a buzz went around the Lane whenever he would get the ball (or get off the subs' bench to stretch his legs).

It is not often I wish my life away but I sometimes wish I were a bit older so I could've seen him at his peak. Even at the end of his career, much of it spent as a sub, a buzz went around the Lane whenever he would get the ball (or get off the subs' bench to stretch his legs).
To this day still regard him as among the best wide players I have ever had the pleasure of watching on a regular basis. True he may not have scored so many spectacular goals as Bale, nor as often dribbled so dazzlingly through an entire defence as Ginola before unleashing a worldy, but the sheer sight of his mazy runs from deep thrilled time and again, game after game.

As with the likes of Bale, Waddle and Ginola you always knew that once he got hold of the ball there was no stopping him, unless - unless - as so often happened, he was upended from behind by desperate defenders he'd left behind in his wake.

But perhaps the memory I cherish most is of him launching himself into a flying header to score at the back post. Such a sight is something of a rarity nowadays but Cliff made it his very own speciality.

Top player who was one of the best headers of a ball i have seen, he could catch pigions as well and the joke was that the gates at WHL had to be closed when he was playing so he did not run of the pitch and down the high road. One of the nicest people i have had the pleasure of meeting.

Top player who was one of the best headers of a ball i have seen, he could catch pigions as well and the joke was that the gates at WHL had to be closed when he was playing so he did not run of the pitch and down the high road. One of the nicest people i have had the pleasure of meeting.

He tells a lovely story about coming home from the 1958 WC with Terry Medwin and Mel Charles when they met a mate at Swansea station who seeing they had suitcases asked if they had been on holiday! No media saturation of sport in those days.

Back