• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Falqué

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Juventus for the permanent transfer of Yago Falqu?®.

The Spain Under-21 international originally joined the Club on a season-long loan from the Serie A side last August and has made a total of six appearances for us to date.

Yago will now join Championship leaders Southampton on loan for the remainder of the campaign to continue his development.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/falque-signs-permanently-southampton-loan.html

Not sure I have seen what the Club has to warrant his signing. Hopefully he does well at SCBC, but I do hope the Club don't think he is what we are looking for in terms of a back-up to Lennon

Thought he looked decent enough in flashes in the UEFA cup.

Medium term I guess if he develops he could become vdV's understudy at #10

Not sure I have seen what the Club has to warrant his signing. Hopefully he does well at SCBC, but I do hope the Club don't think he is what we are looking for in terms of a back-up to Lennon

As he's a ACM who sometimes does a job at LM, I doubt he was ever seen as Lennon's back-up.

Another thought - could this move have anything to do with freeing up a loanee spot? As we're only allowed 3 and had 2 already, this business allows us to bring in 2 more.

I reckon they paid very little, expecting that he may develop into a half decent player and sell him on at a profit. Commodity dealing.

Thought he looked decent enough in flashes in the UEFA cup.

Medium term I guess if he develops he could become vdV's understudy at #10

Probably just worth the business effort, may make a big impact in the championship, good deal for Southampton

I thought this guy was fairly decent when he came on in the Europa and he could be a promising future player... Which I'm glad we are buying a squad with longevity rather than just instant success.

I was told this by work mates I think last week. I had no idea what they were on about at first, didn't know that we were likely to sign him permanently or that he would move on loan so quickly. I thought it was odd how we had apparently loaned him to Southampton when he was only on loan with us.

he must have something that Barca, Juve and now us see in him

dont see it myself - maybe he'll make back his transfer fee in loan fees and then anything else is profit?

Decent player, didn't look particularly special when he played for us, but then again I said that about Livermore and against Everton his showed a lot of promise.

I think it's prudent to sign these sorts of players, after all it is the kind of policy that got us where we are today (albeit with younger players), so if it can provide more players like Dawson, Lennon, Huddlestone, Assou-Ekotto, Kaboul, Modric, Rose, Walker etc. then I'm all for it. A striker would be good though!!

he must have something that Barca, Juve and now us see in him

dont see it myself - maybe he'll make back his transfer fee in loan fees and then anything else is profit?

he's only a kid, under 21 spain international, to get into that squad you have to be dam good. He needs to be playing games week in, week out to gain crucial experience & will probably get southhamptons first team soon

he is one for the future!

Falque is already 21 and should be 22 soon. Coming of age as a footballer. Loan at Southampton will give him something long term to prove. Hope he makes it, has the technical capabilities and awareness, but needs to bulk up and improve his speed.

You definately havent seen what the club has, as they see him every day in training, and when he plays in the Youth games etc. The fans can only have seen him make 6 appearances.

To be fair, last season I hoped the club didnt think Walker was what we needed as back up to Corluka...

Back